Reviews for Jailhouse Blues
Life Element chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Yangus. Best. Character. Ever!
The Flying Frog chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
An excellent take to one of the (arguably THE) best scenes in the entire game. And I love how you set this in Yangus's POV, seeing as he's the most experienced on that particular side of the law. He's the criminal, the thief, the bandit, and chances are he has spent time behind bars at least once or twice. He knows what he's talking about.

Nice solid advice he gave Jessica. I would have liked to see more of Rolo. This scene is what truly sets him apart. He's given his fair share of humility and proves himself a good man, willing to sacrifice everything for the truth. It might be interesting to see this scene from his eyes.

Now for the Yangus/Angelo bonding time. Those are my favorite kinds. The ones without romance that is. (being a guy, I get sickened by male/male relationships, but I won't argue with fangirls, I'll just get a headache) Yangus pushing Angelo's buttons deliberately, beating his charming charisma back into him.

Loved the quip at the end, along with Yangus tell-tale line "Cor Blimey!" Priceless. Keep up the good work.
JellyCherry chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
this was a great story! good job
Dragonmaidx chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
This is an unsual bond "Angelo and Yangus" but you have written a very good one. Well done and please write some more stories.
netbreaker0 chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
This was great! The ending was supuerb but if Jessica can cast a fire spell shouldn't she just be able to blow the bar's open? I always figured there was some sort of anti-magic field set in that place or something. Really like the character interaction on this one. Maybe you should do one that takes place after Jessica get's freed from Rapthorne's power. I read and Angelo Jessica fic's about that once and I thought it was pretty good.
SPG inc chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
Yay for Yangus!

Would have liked it to go on a bit more, but its a good fic
Salacassera chapter 1 . 5/16/2008
I love how Yangus looked out for everyone, and the approaches he took for the different party members. The crack at the end was priceless, too.
JoojooBrother chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
:D

Yangus rocks.

:D

*giggle*
DragonQuester chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
You have to be the best writer on this site! A writing sage, an actual living author! Sorry if it seems like I'm overreacting, I just go nuts whenever I find an original work like yours. Whenever I find the time I'm always reading DragonQuest fanfics, and yours are undoubtedly the best!

Anyways, the Purgatory Island imprisonment is one of the best scenes of the story. If only there had been more details! For example, WHY DID THEIR CLOTHES REMAIN SO PERFECT THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE THREE-FOUR MONTH PERIOD? Angelo's pants are too tight to keep remaining that tight throughout the ENTIRE prison-scene (please don't try to make sense of that). AND WHY DID THE GUARDS LET THEM KEEP THEIR WEAPONS? And where... where.. private business.. take place? Ah, poor, poor Jessica...

ANYWAYS, back to reviewing. I love how the story was taken from Yangus's perspective, him being the wisest when it comes to such tight situations. He certainly gave Jessica useful advice(POOR JESSICA! As long as she doesn't equip the magical bikini she'll be fine, RIGHT?). And Angelo (who's annoying silent moments throughout the story drive me NUTS) hiding in the corner finally gets a good ol' awakening. Two men wrestling of course gives this fangirl overly vivid imagery, but the whole experience was a good show of Yangus and Angelo's bond, something not often written about (since the Hero-boy always hogs it all). And of course the end was hilarious "Just point me to one..." Great fanfic once again!