Reviews for God Bless Us, Every One
faith-in-Faith chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
OMG! This was so sad and heartbreaking and I can't remember the last time I cried through almost a whole fic. And Ok, I admit it, I am a bit of a cry baby and I probably shouldn't have read it at all after the day I had at work, but still...

This was so amazingly well written and sad and I am a Sam person and the Sam in me just couldn't stop crying - actually I'm still crying. Poor, poor Sam. And all of it was so very Dean it hurt.

Wonderful work -again! And thanks for sharing, although, right now, I wish I'd never read it.
Valtira chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
OH golly jeewhiz you made me cry! This was beautiful.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
Excellent!

I loved that we finally learned what Dean had been writing in his notebook. What a wonderful idea, one I could see Dean doing on the show. Yet, also a little sad, because it's true, if Dean dies, no one is left that would share Sam's childhood memories.

This episode was my favorite this season. I loved the flashback, Ridge and Colin did such a great job playing the young Winchesters. Ridge has really improved from his previous episode.

I have always been curious about Dean's necklace and to know Sam gave it to him, perfect.

I enjoyed your flashback of Sam sharing the money from the Barbie, which was actually a good idea from Dean to exchange it.

I did really well with this story, but you did get me with your last line from the childhood scene in the fort. "Nothing's gonna get me," Dean swore, arm slung casually over Sammy's shoulder. "I'll always be around to look after you."

If Kripke doesn't fix this or leave us with hope, I predict he will have a long summer as we all wait for the fourth season.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Take care.
HAP chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
Aw. I loved this. That little bit extra that the episode needed...

Great fic
alphabet chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
Well, now I have to know about Sam's notebook! Thanks for that. ;)

Seriously, great job. I really liked the flashbacks, very keeping in tone with the episode and worked so well with this story that you're telling. It was great that both brothers thought they were being so sneaky but the other knew they were up to something. What a sweet, lovely story.
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
Excellent new story.

Love the idea they each have a journal of their own. :)

I'm sure they're less messy then John's journal, lol.

Also love it when you describe how well the brothers know each other, very cool.
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
This is just a beautiful story, in every way.

For the flashbacks...wee!Sam and Dean don't even break my heart: they shatter it into tiny, all-but-unfixable pieces. It's just so freaking tragic, their whole childhood. The loneliness, the fear, the sense of not belonging to anyone or anything but each other and the darkness...and for Sam, when he first learned the truth, there were probably even a few disconcerting times when the knowledge he was lied to for so long, and in such a major way, made him feel untethered even to Dean, let alone Dad. And Dean trying so desperately to make up for the lack of a family that will never exist again. To create a normal-unlike anyone else's-from whole cloth, because he knows how much Sam needs it.

Kills me, every time. :(

And in the present...AVSNC was one of my favorite eps of the season. So well-written, SO well-acted, and gave us a tiny slice of hope and brotherliness to hold onto through the nearly oppressive angst of the rest of this season. I love how you tied it together. LOVE the symmetry of them both writing for each other (Sam doing it was a surprise! And Dean's was exactly what I've been hoping for). Love that there was the continuation of a happy Christmas moment.

Fantastic, heartfelt writing, K. :)
authoressnebula chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
You. Killed. Me. DEAD.

This was SO the perfect epilogue to the show, and it flowed just like it WAS the show. I've been waiting for Dean to show Sam that notebook, and he did, and...

*sobs*

Oh SAMMY. Oh DEAN.

You get huge points for having Dean call Sam "Sammich", by the way. _

Seriously; you do such an awesome job with keeping all of your fics intertwined with each other. I don't know how you could possibly do it, but you then you keep them connected with the show and the characters...

THAT is why I tip my hat to you and squee like a fangirl every single time you update. Because seriously. You kick ass.

~Nebula
lili20 chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
That was bittersweet. I do hope Dean's going to be around to look after Sammy. That was lovely, keep them coming!
Visionairy chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
Sniffle. That was amazing! I liked that Sam wanted Dean to use half the money and that he hid the book so Dean could have the Bball. But, I particularly liked the end, where he was in his hideout in the back - which seems so true to form - and where Dean spent the time to talk with him seriously about his fears. It was great! Thanks again for posting, I love your stories.
Tyranusfan chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
I like this one alot, and the revelation of what Dean's notebook was didn't disappoint.

Great job!
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
You were right - that is achingly sad. I had wondered about the notebook that Dean had been scratching in. I love how to paralleled their childhood with current events - just like in the show. I am ready for some relief from this tension! This week's epi was kind of light hearted... but I need some resolution THEN lightheartedness :)
Master Li chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
Amazing. I totally could see Dean writing a book like that. This was so touching it almost made me cry. Can't wait to see what you write next.
luvjase chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
This was just so amazing. Not enough words to tell you how much I loved this. Loved that you also had flashbacks. Ridge and Colin did such a great job as young Dean and Sam. I loved that they made Dean's prized amulet from his little brother. The writers couldn't have made a better choice. The notebook. Oh the notebook - that made me cry. Dean recording Sam's life - just perfect. And how did I miss that Sam was also keeping a "notebook" of his own? Just not enough words. So looking forward to the next one. Thanks so much.
HollyBush chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
I thorougly enjoyed this. Thank you.
91 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »