Reviews for Memories and Fears
HalianFromPlanetZork chapter 6 . 8/16/2008
Great story, i'm so happy Vince lived.

Because of you i know like Ultra and Neon. XD

But what i want to know is did Vince get all his memory back in the end? I wasn't sure on that.
Beechwood0708 chapter 6 . 5/7/2008
Nah, huni, the ending didn't suck, it was very sweet. The optimism at the end leaves you with a happy sort of glow, and the love really comes through.

I know this sounds rather sadistic, but I quite like seeing Vince take the bullet for once. It always tends to be Howard's sacrifice in fic, and Vince's protective side, and any kind of selflessness that might come out in that situation is rarely explored. Howard's desperation at the thought of losing Vince was very touching, and your description of his actions seemed very real and complimented the dialogue perfectly, while Vince's pessimistic dialogue also added to that sense of desperation.

And the moon- you are a genius with the moon.

Theone thing I wasn't sure of was the bit with Vince's parents- taken as an actual spiritual encounter it comes off as a bit cliched and saccharine, which stops it from having the emotional effect it should, but if you take it as a hallucination or a dream then it works as an effective way to communicate Vince's subconscious thoughts about Howard to himself and as a way to get him to forgive himself for not intervening in his parents' deaths when he couldn't.

Overall tho, this has been a lovely fic, I really like your insights into Vince's past and his psyche without his memories.

Beechwood0708 chapter 4 . 5/7/2008
I think the fic is all the better for including such an emotional and difficult issue. The reactions at the end were absolutely beautiful, the way you described them communicated the emotion in such a subtle yet powerful way. It really brings out the raw tragedy and loss, and also the depth of the love between Vince and Howard.

The start was lovely too- Howard's worry was perfectly written, and the image of Vince crying on his own really was heartbreaking. But the comforting was so sweet, and the end of that section just had this lovely warm snuggly sort of atmos to it. It was adorable.

And the Boosh described like that really does sound like a weird dream from the mind of someone on mushrooms.

The bit in the van where Boffo escapes was amazing. It reminded me a bit of a horror scene, which is always something I enjoy reading (note to self: Boosh horror story [tho why I'm putting a note to self in a review to you is quite bizarre, thinking about it]). It's so tense and dramatic, and the pace is perfect- fast but jumpy. The bit where they think he's gone and then suddenly he's just there actually did make me jump, like a shock-moment in a film. I really didn't see it coming. And Boffo's death is really well written too- the description is clear without being too graphic, which allows you to focus on the shock you'd feel in that situation and the emotional effect it has on Vince.

What is it about sleepy Vince that is just so adorable, even as a grown man? It makes me go squee.

I have to say tho (and I'm sorry *angeleyes*), but I don't entirely think the flashback was as good as the rest of the chapter. The narrative voice was perfect, with that hazy sort of access to Vince's mindset, just like a blurry memory, and the image of Vince lying in his parents' blood was twistedly sweet, but I just think it would have been a lot better without the dialogue. The killers' dialogue didn't come across as particularly natural, and I didn't really believe it, plus I wouldn't have thought they'd have used each others' names when they would want to keep their identities secret. I think it would have worked better if you'd just included the odd line to make the memory a bit concrete but still keep the hazy lack of detail.

But aside from that one point, this was an absolutely amazing chapter, so beautiful and emotional. I loved it. Can't wait to click that next chapter button, hehe.

brokenmoonlight chapter 6 . 5/5/2008
Yay! A dedication! And don't worry, that was a brilliant ending. I'm so glad Vince is going to be okay now - but it was touch and go for a minute there, and you scared me a bit! He jumped in front of a bullet for Howard! What a hero!

Those two are so sweet together - their love makes me feel all warm!

Can't wait to read more of your stories!

violence4 chapter 6 . 5/5/2008
oh yes, God bless Vince sadism! especially when it produces chapters like that!

thank you for the dedication, and yes i did love it. it was so sweet... Vince saw his parents again, bless... and the ending! aw!

and go Neon and Ultra! i was glad you brought them into it, i love them. hehe.

love you!

ButtonsMagoo chapter 5 . 5/2/2008
Nice work!:D You did Neon and Ultra really well, i forget who played who? dee played.. ultra? and sue.. neon?

I havn't heard that song in ages!:D

cant wait for more! x
ButtonsMagoo chapter 4 . 5/1/2008
:( This was soo sad :'(

But atleast Vince is remembering.

ButtonsMagoo chapter 3 . 5/1/2008
dreadlock holiday! :) I love that bit in the show! :)

very good.

ButtonsMagoo chapter 2 . 5/1/2008
Bad me! I've not reveiwed for a while, revision and shit!

This is realy heartbreaking, poor Vince. Poor Howard :(

violence4 chapter 4 . 4/30/2008
*sniff*

poor Vince...

and that line about being in heavens with the hamsters was so heartbreaking...

but at least he has Howard to look after him! aww! Howard is so sweet... their relationship is just lovely and adorable.

i'm glad they're in the forest too! i love the idea of them in the forest, lol. Jahooli! yay!

love you.

brokenmoonlight chapter 3 . 4/30/2008
It certainly did!

Poor Vince - everything's so confusing for him. I'm glad he feels so comfortable with Howard though, and that he's being well looked after.

Beechwood0708 chapter 3 . 4/29/2008
Once again, I am ultimately sorry I haven't reviewed earlier. So many updates lately, I'm really behind again.

This is a lovely story, I love the way Vince is rediscovering himself. It's really interesting to see how people show him when he doesn't know who he is. I read a similar fic once that took it a completely different way, but that fic and yours were both really believable, and completely fascinating. Vince's enthusiasm as he rediscovers music is adorable, and the way you've written Howard is really wonderful. That mix of supportiveness and amusement, slight pride in having Vince as a boyfriend, protectiveness and love is so lovely, and completely believable. You fit it to his character so well. And the way he looks after Vince makes me squee so much. That description of Fossil was something classic tho too- "Who's Fossil?" "He's...well...a sort of retard"- HA! Perfect description. I love that that's the first thing that comes to mind.

Oohh, 'In the Morning'- that song got me drunk last night. I was so worried about how much I was drinking, and then that came on, and all I heard was "In the morning, you know it's gonna be alright", and I decided that it would and got plastered.

But that's besides the point. This is a really nice story, and hopefully I'll be able to review the rest without the embarrassing wait.

violence4 chapter 3 . 4/28/2008
aww! and yay! i was gonna say "yay" first but then after that last bit, the "aww" had to come first, lol.

Howard and Vince kissed! -

anyway, the "yay" concerned Bob Fossil. so brilliant! the dance! and i loved the way he got really annoyed about them seeing him and then just started dancing again while they were still there... classic.

loved the way you wrote the zoo! and i can't wait to see what happens when they take Boffo off! and i hope Vince gets all his memories back and can remember Howard properly...

Anonymous chapter 2 . 4/28/2008
Really kind of sweet. I have to say I like this a lot better than your 'crossover' type stories.
violence4 chapter 2 . 4/28/2008
aww! it's so sad! all Vince's reflections on himself, thinking everyone must hate him... :(

and Howard! *sobs*