Reviews for Meeting Death Face to Face
TheDeep chapter 1 . 7/7/2014
Why am I feeling nothing...? Hmm... This is an interesting reaction for me... But... I feel like I have to say something... (Yes, I know, I showed up again, because of Google and because I'm already here and I love reading/writing CSI: NY, and you're writing... I love it. ;) You're awesome, virtual cookies to you in thanks. :))

You wrote this with emotional constraint... I'm not clobbered with fear, more so... I think it's that strange acceptance Mac felt that I'm settled with now... That it was just meant to be. That strange acceptance that made him say 'yes, yes it looks as if I did move.' Something about that seems fitting to me... It fits him...

But the team... I would cry... I would if I wasn't so caught up with that strange thing Mac was seeing. (See what I mean when I say you write awesomeness? I'm THERE, and it's AWESOME. Love that...) And I personally loved the line 'Death gave one final nod to Mac and raised his scythe into the air.' That is a powerful, nice line... I actually would've used that one as the last line, personally. But the actual last line you used didn't hurt, either.

You know what... I think you just inspired me... I think I now know how I want to write the next chapter to one of my stories... Hummmmm... Dang it, see this is why I love reading and writing this stuff... It's so freaking awesome...

ANYWAYS! This was awesome. You wrote it with skill and with just the right words, I believe... They put us there and they make us feel how Mac feels. This... I think... and I can't believe I'm gonna say it... but this would be a good end. It is who Mac is... The sense of duty that drives him on his job is here, right up front in this event. His acceptance his cool-headedness is in character for him. The acceptance that drove that mildly amused look, which I can picture clearly, is there. It's just... perfect. You wrote this so well... But I'd still be crying if they did this in an episode... First, I'd be in shock... and then I'd probably cry my eyes out later... I know I would... But it fits, since I'm thinking this way... It seems fitting that this would be how Mac Taylor would get beat, since I have no other words and those don't seem right even as I put them in now, by his job, finally. If that even makes sense...?
chrysalis escapist chapter 1 . 5/19/2008
Oh! I'm kind of lost for words now. I know, I've been warned. This is so sad! And yet I think this is exactly how Mac would react, his awareness that he couldn't live forever anyway and wishing that his team didn't have to process his crime scene. I really liked this line: Death gave a sad smile to Mac.
Ace Von S chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
Wow. This was awesome. Beautiful.
Queen Sunstar chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
Wah! you killed Mac, and broke my writers block! you should do another chapter to this one, showing everyones reactions at Mac's death.
FernClaw chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
Fc: Wow... that was deep

Fern: Very Angsty. A job well written.

Fc: I like how you personified Death. That was cool. And I adore the last sentences, it made the grim and bleak meaningful. Amazing... I'm running out of words to call your fics... I've used most of them...
thealycat chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
TOO MANY CHARACTER DEATHS! first Marisol and Ray JR, and Danny Fenton (although I didn't read that one) and now Mac! NOO! Lol, this story was great! i loved it, especially Mac's description about Death.
LilyRianneEvans chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
I have to admit that I almost did not read this story because of the character death. I still can't believe you killed Mac. It was a good story and very well written. This is one of the few stories on here that actually brought tears to my eyes. Having said that, I still can't believe you killed Mac. Now I think you should write a story with him (staying alive) to make up for it. Please?
AshlynnElizabeth chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
You know I love your work, but right now, I am not very happy with you.

This is a good peice of fiction, but I can't beleive you killed Mac. *grabs own scythe and raises it into the air*
lily moonlight chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
I didn't think you would really do it, but you did it, and did it well, very well indeed. My heart was almost breaking at the end, I think it was the line 'Death gave a sad smile to Mac' that nearly finished me off. And the last line, oh that hurt. This was a brilliant story, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Yes, it was dark and character death is a tricky thing to write, but this was really good, and very well judged, well paced, in character. Mac has shown himself to be impetuous, but not foolish, and nor was he here. It was that step, so sneakily written in. Mason was a terrifying character, the 'lopsided grin' said it all. I just love how you wrote Mac here as he thinks about that it might be his day to die. '"I never was," the CSI told him quietly, a calm aura surrounding him, "I never will be"' Brilliant, and very moving.

What can I say, just really excellent. I love your writing.
Anon chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
This doesn't even really deserve a review. Mac Taylor may still suffer pain from the loss of his wife, but he is NOT a suicidal individual. Certainly won't be tuning into any future stories.
Philosoraptress chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
*cries* Shiny you're so much cruel! But I enjoyed the story :)
Blue Shadowdancer chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
I like. Good way of writing Mac, he really would probably do something incredibly stupid like put himself in a situation like this. And nothing wrong with killing characters every now and then, you did it very well ;)
Hordak's Pupil chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
Me: *bows down* You are indeed the goddess of angst and I am the humble earthly master who learns from you.

Ghostwriter: Kiss up.

Me: Shut up and bow Ghostwriter, even you're not greater than Shiny-Sama, or you can go into the ghost trap.

Ghostwriter: *sighs* I'll go in the Ghost Trap *leaves*

Me: Now that he's gone, I loved this, the Grim Reaper is one of my favorite mythical characters and to have him in a fic is just awesome. Keep up the great work. :)