Reviews for Tales from Winter Camp
TheNaggingCube chapter 17 . 1/2/2010
Boy, I've enjoyed this collection of Earth 2 shorts. I am a huge Alonzo and Julia/Alonzo fan but the one that I loved best was Leaf Season with Eben. That was beautiful and special.

The title says 100 situations... you are only at 17, I sure hope to continue to enjoy the remaining 83!
carolann chapter 17 . 5/27/2009
Very cute. Thanks for sharing.
Arcole chapter 17 . 5/24/2009
Fun! I really liked how Yale reacted to the whole thing. That was so very Devon to just do it without thinking and so very John to provide commentary. Nice exploration of the prompt too. Their ideas of criminal and Riley's for instance would be very different from each other. How long can they just decide right and wrong without a code of some kind? Whose code will they use? Very thought provoking!
Lattelady chapter 17 . 5/24/2009
Excellent. I really loved the theory behind this story.
carolann chapter 16 . 5/6/2009
Very interesting. Alonzo always was a loner. It seemed to take Julia's love for him to finally learn to be more sociable. I enjoyed reading this.
TesubCalle chapter 16 . 5/2/2009
This was lovely. I think we can all identify with Alonzo's desire for solitude. I loved his irritation that Magus was oblivious to this fact. I further loved how he came around in the end, suddenly aware that being with other people wasn't such a bad thing, after all.
Arcole chapter 16 . 5/2/2009
What a nice interlude. I really liked how you presented Magus-and you gave her a first name I can live with. I never could decide for myself! (At least I don't think I did. . . did I? Now I have to go back and see!)

I loved the idea that first to awaken was sort of his province as pilot and that he translated it to G889. It is very fitting b/c he's such a sociable person in general. The idea that he needs those few early minutes alone is very believable and lends a nice dimension to his character.

I am so glad to see one of these up from you! I've been missing your Earth2 and Firefly work! Thanks!
Lattelady chapter 16 . 5/2/2009
Beautifully written. You showed the slow change that is taking place in Alanzo...though I have never believed he left. But there is still time for more change. I hope you write it for us.
Sedra chapter 15 . 1/23/2009
I love these situations, but I would REALLY love a big juicy story from you, too! I also wonder what Yale was studying. How he might have applied game theory. I like how you kept Uly a little bratty. Perfect for a little boy his age.
Arcole chapter 15 . 1/19/2009
Very cool. I love the interchange between the children and Devon's interruption was perfect, as was Bess's grasp of the situation. And game theory. What a neat thing to have pop back up in Yale's head. Very interesting, very thought provoking. Hm.
carolann chapter 15 . 1/18/2009
Very cute. The kids were being kids (ie bratty, cranky & competitive).
TesubCalle chapter 15 . 1/17/2009
Sweet. There aren't nearly enough Yale fics, and the character is just ripe with possibilities, since the series really didn't touch on him a lot.

There's a seed of an idea in the back of my brain somewhere, for a Yale story. I'm so glad to have read this, because it's acting like fertilizer. I've never learned to play backgammon, so I felt a lot like True. I know even less about game theory.

I like that Bess had this conversation with Yale. It's so in keeping with the way the series went. Bess would talk with anyone about anything, including tutors with broken memory washes from the much-maligned Yale program.
TesubCalle chapter 5 . 12/24/2008
Bravo! This was a very nice take on a character we know absolutely nothing about, other than what happened in 'All About Eve'.

Poor 'redshirt' Eben... her brief interaction with True was excellent. I love what it implied about being an Earth-res on the Stations. On G899, Eben could forget that she'd been a drone, but I suppose being a drone AND an Earth-res on the Stations would be a double-curse.
TesubCalle chapter 3 . 12/24/2008
Hee-hee... finally catching up on the rest of these 'situations'.

This one was handled with the right amount of seriousness and humour. Yes, weren't we all wondering what those Edenites did when it was time to 'go' ?
Sedra chapter 11 . 12/14/2008
I always wondered if Devon realized how completely crazy she must have seemed to Danziger in that episode. I mean, for real, how weird would it have been if Sheppard had really joined up with them? And why Sheppard and not some of the kids or something? Anyway, I kinda wondered about poor True waiting at the dune rail for them to come out of the caves, too. With her dad's luck, she was probably thinking he'd gotten shot!
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »