Reviews for Miranda's Legacy
Twisha chapter 16 . 4/20/2013
I love this. You did such a great job with little stories that fit right in with Firefly! I especially liked the one with the psychic, mice don't dance, dirt and sunshine, and Triptych. I also love your idea that Inara is living for a dead twin sister! That explaination fits her so well. This is an awesome series.
Arcole chapter 16 . 1/13/2013
Well I do hope you will add to it as time permits! Now I'm off to follow you. Gotta know what's up next!
Arcole chapter 15 . 11/24/2011
Yay! thanks for doing a Jayne piece! I love Jayne! And this is nice. I like that Simon has become part of his family. And I am hoping that you'll work that plot against Simon into these as a plot thread. Hint hint! It would be super fun to revisit it later from another entirely new perspective.

also, let me just say again that I am glad you are updating more often! thanks again for that!
Arcole chapter 14 . 11/10/2011
Okay, I am a bad girl! I have been sitting on this one in my inbox until the right time to read it. too much crazy going on lately. So now I have! I love these! And this one is very nice indeed. So much for Mal's U-Day tradition. Their lives have shifted considerably in perspective after Miranda. I still miss Wash. How long ago did Serenity come out and I still miss him. He and Zoe were wonderful together. This captures it so well.
Bytemite chapter 14 . 10/28/2011
I add my name to the wall of approval.
Ultrawoman chapter 12 . 6/17/2010
These are sweet little one-shots. I love how they're all different genres and about all the different characters in turn. The fact its post-BDM means no Wash or Book, and the lack of my favourite pilot is not great, but there's plenty of talk about him, so thats cool. Looking forward to more of these, whenever you write/post them :)

~Ultra~
Brandywine00 chapter 9 . 6/10/2010
Well done, just well-written through and through! Looking forward to more from your pen...er, keyboard!
Brandywine00 chapter 11 . 6/10/2010
Liked the story, especially the musing on fathers by River and Simon at the end. Your character voice is spot-on for each of them, and I can just see Jayne's brow wrinkled up when he asks, "Doc, you know I ain't sly. Are you sayin' my genes say I am?"

A quick comment that jumped out at me on the brown eyes scenario: You're absolutely right about the dominant brown gene, homozygous requirement for blue coloring and such.

However, being that brown IS dominant, without a DNA sample of Jayne's father to determine if HIS brown eyes are actually homozygous, there's no way to tell a recessive blue gene hasn't been hiding in the Cobb family brown eyes for several generations.

My eyes are brown, as are my children's and their father's... however, both grandmothers have blue eyes. Each of us parents has a blue gene lurking around that doesn't show, but which has a 50/50 chance of being passed on.

There's a 75% two heterozygous parents will pass at least one blue gene to the child. 50% likelihood of heterozygous brown eyes. And 25% chance that both will pass blue- thus blue eyes. But in five or six generations, who will remember the color of my mother's eyes?

So, yes, plausible that Jayne's father wasn't his bio-parent, but it is entirely possible that Jayne's brown-eyed Dad from brown-eyed people could in fact BE Jayne's biological father. (Yes, you'd think a blue eye would have surfaced somewhere if for no other reason than law of averages, but it is possible.)

I do like the point you had Simon make about it, though. The man raised Jayne as his own son (whether he was or not, or if there had been any suspicion.) Like they say: just about any male can make a child. It takes a man to be a dad.

Didn't mean to rambling on, but that just kinda jumped out at me. D
schrodingerscat123 chapter 12 . 6/6/2010
These were all really well done. Thanks for sharing them.
purplerocks chapter 8 . 5/25/2009
i love it but one question is this before of after the BDM.
Arcole chapter 11 . 5/24/2009
Now that close was interesting. I always thought River and Simon had a better relationship with their dad than that. Don't know why I'm thinking this though. I do like the idea that Jayne had a relationship with his dad that while probably tempestuous was close enough that he defends him as his biological father as well. Nice. I also liked the approach to the prompt very much!
Geeky13 chapter 11 . 5/24/2009
Amazing!
Geeky13 chapter 10 . 1/12/2009
Love it!
Arcole chapter 10 . 1/12/2009
Dang their time for killing Wash. And every time you write about Zoe moving on it just makes me mad at them again. I'm glad she's healing though. I loved River in this too-her voice seems very right.
Geeky13 chapter 9 . 9/30/2008
I love it! I want more! Please keep writing!