Reviews for Foundation:The Original Opening
JRW chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Clearly not original Asimov. This is an attempt at copying his 80s-style of writing and is nothing like the way he wrote in the 50s. I own many versions of the Foundation novels from numerous re-printings over the years - this is in none of them, nor did Asimov allude to any major edits to the original text in his biographical writings. Given what he's said about the changes made to The Stars Like Dust, you can be sure that such a huge excision would have warranted a few words in one of his many later musings on the Foundation series.
But I'm open-minded enough to be willing to look at any proof offered!
Hahukum Konn chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
I've seen this original opening online, and I actually managed to find an original early-1950s era Foundation novel (it would have cost me $15 so I didn't buy it), and it had this very beginning in it.

So if other reviewers are re-reading these reviews, YES this is Dr. Asimov's original Foundation introductory piece.
AlextheK chapter 2 . 5/21/2009
I would have enjoyed this story had you merely said you wrote it, instead of trying to attribute it to Prof Asimov. You have talent, but have people read your work for you.
SnorkackCatcher chapter 2 . 1/18/2009
Not bad, but would be much better to leave out the "it's the real opening!" conceit, which looks kind of silly given all the stuff in the second chapter.
DokuRyu chapter 2 . 7/22/2008
I donno, I'm skeptical as to this being the original opening. According to my knowledge the robots had not yet entered into the Foundation universe until he decided to combine them in the late 1980's. It would seem then, that the original opening wouldn't contain several plot twists from later written books.

Even with this, it was worth the read.
persian85033 chapter 2 . 5/5/2008
I must say I like this opening quite a bit.