Reviews for Puppets on a String
CaptainSoraSparrow chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
"Good. The Force is strong with you..."-your protagonist

Impressive story

One of my most favorite villains.
BetaReject chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
/Who holds my strings, manipulates me? What if there is a greater puppeteer?/

Wow that was just so powerful! I loved the insight you shown here! I really liked how despite his obvious evil nature there is still a small part of him that doubts his actions as he wonders if he too is nothing more than a puppet to another.

Beautiful job!
Aria Saralyn chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
Good work! I really like how you've gotten into Sidious's head.

The title reminds me of the song "Master of Puppets" by Metallica, which i walways thought was a good theme song for Sidious.

Well done!
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
Good. Palpatine's an interesting one to hear from. Good writing. Especially " Even now, the processes are set in motion that will crush their pitiful insurrection." sounded just enough like what he said in the movie to get his voice in my head. There were some very interesting thoughts here, interesting lines. I especially like the concepts of memories as playthings, the creepiness and imagery in "Sometimes, even as the blade scythes their strings, these puppets realise the truth. They look up, see the strings that bind them", and the concept of Palpatine fearing only a greater puppetteer. The turning around of the usual metaphor about chess (ok, dejarik in this case) was clever. Another personal favorite phrase was "savage enthusiasm". Good rumination on a character (and almost on an archetype, the puppetteer-supervillain.)
dm1 chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
And so, the truly arrogant finally falls. That's what you get for playing G-d! I could just visualize Palpatine thinking and even saying all of that drivel to himself, believing it right up until the moment his puppet breaks free and destroys him. Well done!