Reviews for Eternal
Taeniaea chapter 20 . 5/23/2013
cool story
Mireilles3 chapter 20 . 5/20/2013
Oh boy, Jonathan was great! Talk about intervention :)

And J'onn... The gang's losing another one, huh...

More soon, please!
SwordMasterZ chapter 20 . 5/6/2013
update soon
TheWritingGirl23 chapter 20 . 4/30/2013
Okay, be prepared to be hit with a long review. When a story captures my attention, that is what it deserves.

So...wow. Where to start? Well, first, I'd like to comment on the atmosphere of both maturity and growth in this fic. I have encountered lots of great stories, but only a select few have managed to keep on a path of such stark reality and true emotion that this story has. In my mind, you've shied away from no harsh truth or saddening detail. J'onn's disabilities and farewell, Lord Superman's fall, the harsh journeys each Lord had to endure, and even some aspects of League Batman's part in this reformation, all develop well introspectively, and give the readers something to think about. Rather than becoming annoying and monotonous angst-bitching, I really felt the characters' personalities and the changes they've undergone so far.

Relating to that, the BM/WW romance here is something that I can really admire here. Not only is that doppelgänger aspect a lot of fun to read at points, but you can explore parts of Bruce and Diana's personalities that probably would never occur normally through their Lord counterparts. I couldn't call Lord Bruce's confession to the League Diana in-character if it had been League Bruce saying it, but I totally buy it because of the different experiences each version have gone through. Same with Diana, comparing innocence and hope to experience and wariness, with new discoveries on both sides. I will admit that BMWW isn't one of my big ships, but you really make me care here.

As a matter of fact, the relationships you portray between the characters are all poignant in their own ways, and felt natural according to their personalities and how they were portrayed in the show. You essentially took a neat little molehill, and built it up into a well-constructed, emotionally moving mountain.

What I find most admirable about this fic and your writing in general, was just how very...strong this story is. Like I said, you don't patronize your readers with the need to give us unneeded humor or fluff in a serious story, instead trusting us to appreciate the plot and interactions in all of their angstful glory. Stories and writers that do this are the ones that earn my highest respect. Your writing style also reflects the maturity; I'm sure you're familiar with those stories whose passages of introspection change into wangsting and bawling. That is non-existent here in my opinion. For a story that doesn't have a lot of action, nor an overdose of romance or humor, you kept me glued to the screen through the entire thing.

For now, I'm not sure where this will go next. I get this uneasy feeling that at some point someone's going to die somehow, but it's just a nervous speculation. I'm content to sit back and wait for what's next. Or maybe I'll go and read 'The Powers That Be'. I started reading it some time ago, but I stopped for some reason. I think I'll have to go pick it up again.

With highest regard from a fellow writer,
WG23
G-POW chapter 20 . 4/22/2013
Aw man, why does J'onn have to die? But it looks like it's getting Clark outta his hissy fit funk. This was wonderfully written. Just waiting to find out who the mysterious other group is.
litra chapter 20 . 4/22/2013
lovely chapter. Bringing in Johnathan is a masterstroke, and while I will be sad to see J'onn go i kind of understand better now why it has to happen.
EmperialGem21 chapter 20 . 4/20/2013
What a sad and emotional chapter. I loved it though and I was surprised that you brought in Jonathen Kent. That one threw me in for a loop :?). Lord J'onn's farewells were touching, and makes me wonder what he would have said to the Flash.
1Superman4Me chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
I'm sorry I didn't start reading this sooner...
Amazing Bluie chapter 20 . 4/17/2013
Wow. I must admit I teared up just a little towards the end of the Pa Kent scene. Bruce really knows where to hit, but I don't think he would've had much success without a Jonathon Kent to turn to. Well played.

My only complaint is that the speeches were a little wordy. It could have used a few breaks to describe what the speaker was doing, thinking, or what he looked like or something; maybe even shortened some of what was said, while keeping the same meaning. It might not have been as bad if not that the whole chapter was focused on speeches; and J'onn says a lot for what in my mind sounds like someone having trouble speaking. Maybe I misunderstood something there?

Anyways, good to see another chapter all the same. Looks like Batman finally found that chink in Superman's thick skull. As always, I look forward to more!
kyoshira7 chapter 20 . 4/17/2013
Excellent job on the story thus far, I have really enjoyed reading it from the beginning. In fact I barely started reading the story today and found it so good that I couldn't stop myself from reading all that you have written so far. I can't wait for the next chapter, keep up the excellent work.
EmperialGem21 chapter 19 . 4/16/2013
ugh last chapter gah and now i have to wait like a normal person . I hate waiting! Poor J'onn and goodness does J'onn know of the switch up? I'm also not a fan of BM/WW romance but you are slowly turning me into one :p. Hrmmmm...I wonder what would Alpha Batman's reaction be if he watched Flash go in to the speed force like in the episode: Divided We Fall. Would be interesting to see that :3. Love this, can't wait for more!
Trying -Helps chapter 5 . 3/27/2013
It's a good story, it's well written, and has a good plot. Your defiantly getting a thumbs up in my book. I particularity like the way each chapter has some point of interest, whether it be the plans to switch, or the relationships Batman has, or even how the Justice Lords are now that they have no powers. You have done a very good job, I really can't say that enough. I at first didn't think I'd like the story but then started reading and you sucked me in with your story line. I have high hopes that you'll finish this story someday, and that it will have a good finish.
This is just a request to you, you don't have to do it but I really hope you do, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind taking the "Good Person Test." It's a test that shows whether you are a good person, and how that effects your future. It's easy to find just the second result on a Google search under "Good Person Test."
litra chapter 19 . 2/17/2013
NOOOOO, J'onn don't die. we love you. i mean i was wondering what was going to happen to him but, but, oh now i just want to hug him. he needs a hug.
GabrielTDO chapter 19 . 2/15/2013
too lazy to log in, but thank you for the update. I was expecting a longer wait.
Skillgannon The Damned chapter 19 . 2/10/2013
Great update. Good to know that you will not leave it half-done at least, even if it is disappointing to find out that updates will be far apart. Still looking forward to the next one.

PS: Couldn't find the Easter Eggs sadly