Reviews for Eternal
rayningnight chapter 20 . 4/25
Noooooooo J'oooonnn!

This was beautiful. I seriously spent most of my day reading (and rereading) your chapters instead of doing homework and the like. I even made myself rewatch that Justice League episode before reading this, and this - gosh, this just makes me want to cry (I'm not too easily moved to tears, so bravo). I'm being pulled in two directions right now - is J'onn actually going to die? Or is he going to change his mind later? I can see you going either way, one to make him a major character influence on the others, and the other to show how humanity - thought flawed - has beauty, especially considering family and friendship. And J'onn, well, should stick around a little longer...? At least stay until Alpha Superman is redeemed!

I'm just dying of anticipation for the next chapter. All of your chapters are waaaaayyy long, and I know that it probably means the next one will be a monster or... has a heck of a lot of plot-pushing. And... jeez, I can't think of anything else to say.

Oh! I know. Will you be bringing back Richard/Nightwing again? He's a pretty big influence in Bruce's life (both of them) and I'm kinda curious what happened to him (both in Alpha and Beta universes). I think the BetaU he's still hanging around Bludhaven, but what about the "traitor" to the Justice Lords? He just up and disappeared a couple chapters back!

...unless he's the head in that suspicious group conspiring with Zatanna and that new Themyscira Princess (Donna?) and whomever else.

Hoping for more,
jayswing96 chapter 20 . 3/24
Will there be more? I like this story.
korben600 chapter 20 . 12/6/2014
I generally am uncomfortable attempting to push authors to write more, as I am flakey when it comes to irl stuff so I shouldn't judge, so, I just wanted to say I really enjoy this story, and j'onns send off was magnificent
mad100141 chapter 20 . 11/23/2014
Damn IT! I'm so sad this is over. I've been reading so many orphaned stories. I light a candle in my heart for their deaths. What if J'onn now addresses his fallen comrade, the Flash. That would be cool. You capture him very well. That's cool. I truly felt in his little messages to each that those would be the things the comic book martian would say. You were on point. Well, bye. I'm glad you wrote the story at least up to this point.
Taeniaea chapter 20 . 5/23/2013
cool story
Mireilles3 chapter 20 . 5/20/2013
Oh boy, Jonathan was great! Talk about intervention :)

And J'onn... The gang's losing another one, huh...

More soon, please!
SwordMasterZ chapter 20 . 5/6/2013
update soon
TheWritingGirl23 chapter 20 . 4/30/2013
Okay, be prepared to be hit with a long review. When a story captures my attention, that is what it deserves. Where to start? Well, first, I'd like to comment on the atmosphere of both maturity and growth in this fic. I have encountered lots of great stories, but only a select few have managed to keep on a path of such stark reality and true emotion that this story has. In my mind, you've shied away from no harsh truth or saddening detail. J'onn's disabilities and farewell, Lord Superman's fall, the harsh journeys each Lord had to endure, and even some aspects of League Batman's part in this reformation, all develop well introspectively, and give the readers something to think about. Rather than becoming annoying and monotonous angst-bitching, I really felt the characters' personalities and the changes they've undergone so far.

Relating to that, the BM/WW romance here is something that I can really admire here. Not only is that doppelgänger aspect a lot of fun to read at points, but you can explore parts of Bruce and Diana's personalities that probably would never occur normally through their Lord counterparts. I couldn't call Lord Bruce's confession to the League Diana in-character if it had been League Bruce saying it, but I totally buy it because of the different experiences each version have gone through. Same with Diana, comparing innocence and hope to experience and wariness, with new discoveries on both sides. I will admit that BMWW isn't one of my big ships, but you really make me care here.

As a matter of fact, the relationships you portray between the characters are all poignant in their own ways, and felt natural according to their personalities and how they were portrayed in the show. You essentially took a neat little molehill, and built it up into a well-constructed, emotionally moving mountain.

What I find most admirable about this fic and your writing in general, was just how very...strong this story is. Like I said, you don't patronize your readers with the need to give us unneeded humor or fluff in a serious story, instead trusting us to appreciate the plot and interactions in all of their angstful glory. Stories and writers that do this are the ones that earn my highest respect. Your writing style also reflects the maturity; I'm sure you're familiar with those stories whose passages of introspection change into wangsting and bawling. That is non-existent here in my opinion. For a story that doesn't have a lot of action, nor an overdose of romance or humor, you kept me glued to the screen through the entire thing.

For now, I'm not sure where this will go next. I get this uneasy feeling that at some point someone's going to die somehow, but it's just a nervous speculation. I'm content to sit back and wait for what's next. Or maybe I'll go and read 'The Powers That Be'. I started reading it some time ago, but I stopped for some reason. I think I'll have to go pick it up again.

With highest regard from a fellow writer,
G-POW chapter 20 . 4/22/2013
Aw man, why does J'onn have to die? But it looks like it's getting Clark outta his hissy fit funk. This was wonderfully written. Just waiting to find out who the mysterious other group is.
litra chapter 20 . 4/22/2013
lovely chapter. Bringing in Johnathan is a masterstroke, and while I will be sad to see J'onn go i kind of understand better now why it has to happen.
EmperialGem21 chapter 20 . 4/20/2013
What a sad and emotional chapter. I loved it though and I was surprised that you brought in Jonathen Kent. That one threw me in for a loop :?). Lord J'onn's farewells were touching, and makes me wonder what he would have said to the Flash.
1Superman4Me chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
I'm sorry I didn't start reading this sooner...
Amazing Bluie chapter 20 . 4/17/2013
Wow. I must admit I teared up just a little towards the end of the Pa Kent scene. Bruce really knows where to hit, but I don't think he would've had much success without a Jonathon Kent to turn to. Well played.

My only complaint is that the speeches were a little wordy. It could have used a few breaks to describe what the speaker was doing, thinking, or what he looked like or something; maybe even shortened some of what was said, while keeping the same meaning. It might not have been as bad if not that the whole chapter was focused on speeches; and J'onn says a lot for what in my mind sounds like someone having trouble speaking. Maybe I misunderstood something there?

Anyways, good to see another chapter all the same. Looks like Batman finally found that chink in Superman's thick skull. As always, I look forward to more!
kyoshira7 chapter 20 . 4/17/2013
Excellent job on the story thus far, I have really enjoyed reading it from the beginning. In fact I barely started reading the story today and found it so good that I couldn't stop myself from reading all that you have written so far. I can't wait for the next chapter, keep up the excellent work.
EmperialGem21 chapter 19 . 4/16/2013
ugh last chapter gah and now i have to wait like a normal person . I hate waiting! Poor J'onn and goodness does J'onn know of the switch up? I'm also not a fan of BM/WW romance but you are slowly turning me into one :p. Hrmmmm...I wonder what would Alpha Batman's reaction be if he watched Flash go in to the speed force like in the episode: Divided We Fall. Would be interesting to see that :3. Love this, can't wait for more!