Reviews for Cecily
Malashar chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Well this was a good story! But I have one question... why did Altair's Crusade have to die? I don't know if that was explained and I just missed it or what...
Antoine chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
I generally do not go in for slash, i.e. male-on-male sexual fanfiction, but I have read some good examples in the past that even I could appreciate, and I am an avid Assassin's Creed fan, so I thought I would give this a chance.

From a technical standpoint, and as a oneshot, it was quite well written. I detected no glaring spelling or typographical errors or anything of the sort. The raw emotion and sensuality was clear.

My overall feeling, however, after reading it was sort of "meh," but that is probably because I, a straight male, was not exactly the target audience. I just feel somewhat obligated to review everything I read, and from an objective standpoint, I think your work deserves a positive review. From the reactions of my fellow reviewers, I can tell that you certainly inspired enjoyment for many of them, so I think you did well, too.
Barranca chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
I like the details in your ficlets. They introduce us to the atmosphere and shake us around and make believers out of us. Even though I first overlooked this short story because of the M/M tag, it had good moments.
the lively art chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
Fantastic story. I love your writing style (:

I must admit, I was very relieved when I stumbled upon your Assassin's Creed stories. I'd been browsing the AC section, feeling more and more depressed as every description I read seemed to indicate that the author had neither an iota of talent nor an original thought in his/her head. Your submissions were like a beacon of light in a very dark place, to be vaguely metaphorical [and somewhat cliché].

This was my favourite of the three, partially because of the slash [I'm something of a slashhound (: ], but also because of how you make it... well, fit. If anyone else suggested Altaïr and a crusader getting it on [and in the King Richard's bed, no less!], I would have laughed, but this works so well... I love the last bit, with the nearly getting caught, the pinching, the warm arm around his back, and the nearly getting kicked when Lionheart stretches. It's too bad he had to kill his crusader, though ):

To sum up, lovely story. I hope you'll return to the AC fandom at some point [maybe when AC2 comes out in [supposedly] March 2010? (: ].
koiia-halo chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
Wow, I've had this on my favorites list and I never reviewed it... Well, anyway, I'm finally getting the guts to do it.

To put things quite simply, I rather love this piece and I love the surreality of it all. It's really, really good...

(And I can't think of anything else to say.)
whiteironastrid chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
I really liked this. It was spontaneous and surreal and the ending was chilling! I loved it. :D
Tai-sensei chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
funny and sad at the same time. I really like this story. Thanks so much for posting best wishes and good waves.
kinatsurune chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
Very interesting...do I sense a bit of unrequited love between Altair and Malik? And did he end up killing the crusader?

I especially like the detached, surreal kind of way you wrote Altair. Nice job.
digital coma chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
loved it. short and spicy. not a single unnecessary word. thumbs up!
nescione chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Much as I wish there were more to this, I think I like it so much because of what *isn't* written. I love that you convey such a nuanced relationship between Altaïr and the crusader in so few words.

I'd say you're right that it's as long as it needs to be- but that doesn't stop me from hoping you might write some sort of companion piece to explain or expound upon who the crusader is and how he and Altaïr end up together, and on the tension between him and Malik.