Reviews for Nothing More
Kingsdaughter613 chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Nice job on both the characters and the Sindarin. I just love that tongue... Curious though: Where in cannon does Legolas visit Rivendell before the Fellowship? I'm not as well read on JRR's other works as I'd like to be...
Destined Darkness chapter 1 . 10/9/2009
Yeah i would have sighed too, lol, i thought this was rather funny, and you know i just have the slightest feeling that, if they were in our times, they wouldnt survive, i mean they would walk out the door and they would get run over by a car or truck or something, lol

Gracey, Rache, . . ( . .)
Mirach chapter 1 . 4/19/2009
*resists the urge to bang her head against the nearest tree together with Legolas* Good that there are no trees nearby! Those four are unimprovable!
spacellamaprincess chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
500 words is a tough limit to keep to, but you've done a good job with it. I liked the banter and the family feeling here, with Legolas just slightly on the outside. And Elrond... oh, the joys of being both Head Healer (until the King comes into his own) *and* Ada!
lostinterestsorry chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
I should be writing, I know, but the last several weeks I've done nothing but read and some of the better known stories in the action/adventure/torture fic genre, I might add. Of course, those authors know their writing is pretty unrealistic at times, but we like to read it anyway. And if a good author can occasionally poke fun at the sheer outrageousness that accompanies some of these stories, then, why not? Even some of the authors who write these stories have parodied their own writing.

Cute story, for certain. Elrond would definitely have gray hair if he wasn't an elf...
nautika chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
Irritable Insanity chapter 1 . 5/1/2008

Yeh, I do indeed like your portrayal of Elrond. He did take Aragorn in, and raised him, and like any father would be angry if one of his sons was hurt.

Considering that Aragorn is supposed to be the next king of Gondor or at least the leader of the Dunedain, I could see how annoyed Elrond would be at him putting himself in harms way.

I think you caught the fatherly side very well, and of course the whole not telling Elrond they were out after Orcs was a hoot. Hm!

Great stuff
jewelledhunter chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
I can totally see a young Aragorn and two youngish-Elrond-lookalikes grinning sheepishly at Elrond who, for once, has the eyebrows of doom in my imagination (Hugo Weaving usually never works in my imagination, but for this oneshot, he's perfect!) Poor guys! Excellent oneshot.
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
*grin* Very cute.
RofS chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
Oh, heck. -grin-

Why are your Aragorns always so stupid?

(At least he's all macho manly ish.)

And, there, I've just paid you back.
Kalisona chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
This is wonderful! :D You managed to summarize a piece of every Legolas/Aragorn/Twins hurt/comfort ic out there! Congratulations! _

It was definitely a fun read, mellon nin! Keep up the good work!

Aranel Laerien chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
Yea, this is lovely! I would have wished for an extended ending, but yes, the 500-word limit can be rather restricting in this sense.. I particularly like how you used those Classic lines: "nothing more than a scratch"..P Good work with this one!

Elfinabottle chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
This was a fun read. I think we need a sequel to see what happens next.
Deandra chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
Quite amusing! And, yes, they all say that! Gaping holes in their flesh, buckets of blood, and it's always "just a scratch"!

Actually, I didn't mind the ending. It is a little abrupt, but we can all pretty much guess that Elrond will tend the injury/wound all the while verbally castigating the lot of them (Legolas included - he didn't stop the others!).

Here's hoping you do a few more challenges. These are quite fun to read!

- Deandra

Couple of things to fix:

“It is nothing more than a scratch!” The man protested. (I'm thinking Word capitalized 'The' for you, but I don't think it should be_

“I thought that was your job,” Aragorn grumbled, “And Elrohir’s.” (assuming you're not British - where the rules are sometimes different! - if you continue dialogue across other words, usually you don't capitalize the beginning word. So it would be: "...was your job," Aragorn grumbled, "and Elrohir's." Or you could change the comma after grumbled to a period and make it a totally separate sentence. That would work, too. Same thing below:

“I think not, Elladan,” he said, “As I am in your company,

“I’m trying to think up of a good excuse.” ('think up of a good'? I think maybe you changed what you were going to say and didn't remove everything that needed to come out. But to keep your word count, the only thing I can think of to substitute would be: '...trying to come up with a good...'

the ranger had a penchant for getting himself into the most trouble whenever the four ran into trouble. ('trouble' seems redundant; might want to change one of them - possibly: '...four ran into difficulty.')
Luinthien chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
I loved it! You captured them perfectly! I wish it were longer but i liked it very much!