Reviews for Preambles
Junamrsgrl chapter 1 . 6/3/2008
This was a very cute story...really meshed well with their relationship at the point it took place in the season. I could easily see this taking place after the fireworks were gone.
IGottaFindYou chapter 1 . 5/17/2008
loved it.:)

But didn't Betty's mom die a lot later than when she was ten?Cuz i remember seeing a clip of betty talking to Ignacio about how she spent her prom night at home with both her parents.
NativeMoon chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
Im a new Gio/Betty fan thanks to Beatrice's Vids on YouTube - I saw a comment about fanfiction and thought Id search out some here... Yours is the first Ive read and I must say - it is so poetic and has a natural rhythm that feels very real to me. I could visually see it playing out in my mind - and that is not something that happens that often or easily with me. You have a great gift with language and conveying the subtleties of emotion. Just very well done and I look forward to reading more from you.
wooster182 chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
Oh, Alkali, reading this was a wonderful way to end my day! I've been trying all day to get a chance to read it and I was highly rewarded by the wait!

There are too many things that I loved about this to tell you. The comfortable way they listed their favorites, his going to college (I think he did, too), his looking for her article, Betty's POV-which you did excellently by the way, and most of all, the throwback to his 10th birthday. I LOVE that you made Betty empathetic enough to see how sad he must have been on his birthday. I didn't even imagine that! The idea of Little Betty and Little Gio are so adorable and you captured that so bittersweetly.

This was utterly captivating and my favorite work of yours. You had me in near tears over her mother. You gave me butterflies with their walk. And you made me root for them even more. Absolutely well done!
Beatrice Benedick chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
Alkali, this is poetic!

The conversation, the walking, the little best-thoughts competition was totally flirtatious. That was amazing! I really loved it. And your narrative is impressive. I love your novelistic style. _ I love this so much. Baseball… _ Yeah, your Gio is a charming prince!

Why it isn’t your favorite fic? Why? I love this.

My favorite part is that you let them share their childhood memories, specially the memories of Rosa (Betty doesn’t talk about her mother that much but she really has a place in her heart), it was good to hear her sharing that to Gio.

This story was very moving and romantic.
angelgrl0284 chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
Very nice, Alkali! That was beautiful, sweet, and romantic. The whole thing was superb, but my favorite part was the back and forth with the hint of flirtation they had going during their walk. You should be proud of this, it was lovely!
SouthernBella04 chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
This was amazing Alkali! Truly, you have a very good gift! I was very excited to read this and you didn't disappoint me in the slightest! Thanks for a great Getty fix.