Reviews for Watching The Other Clock
thebeautifulbicky chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
There are chills running down my spine. I didn't really get it... I thought it was just describing the same scene from different point of views because there won't enough names used, but when I re-read it then it made sense. But anyway, great story.
CookieMonstAri chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
awesoe story
MercurialInK chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
I love this.

Its intense and perfectly paced, in a way that completely captures John Rider, but leaves the reader still wanting to hear more.

Very well done!

Just a few things I loved:

The scene at Malta. It's perfect. Absolutely bloody perfect. Ash is completely amazing in this scene - eager to prove himself, anxious that everything should be right, and then jumping right into the shit headfirst anyway, because that's what Riders do, and Ash was basically a Rider. )

The John/Ian conversation, when John is hiding out in a safehouse. Ian is trying not to be upset about his brother getting sent off again, and John is just barreling ahead. Aside from how well written this scene is, I just want to say that one of the primary reasons it hit me so hard was how similar - and yet dissimilar - John is from Alex, in the cannon. Alex is perhaps a bit more serious and cautious (which is pretty much how Ian is), but he still does have his father's inspiration, his refusal to just give up already, and so much more. In other words, the cannon Alex really does feel like he could be the child of your John Rider, raised by Ian.

And that's just bloody impressive.

Also, John's line about granting Ash's fondest wish by letting him 'shoot' him in the back of the head priceless.

The exchange scene. It's just so awesome. It sent chills going up and down my spine.

Ash and Ian at the bloody airport, with Ash telling Alex to wave goodbye to his parents. Its heartwrenching. And it comes in the middle of this completely sweet family scene and I just... blarg, I'm not even going to try.

Your writing style. This is paced so perfectly, it completely drew me in. The action scenes are fast-paced and intense, and the waiting scenes are slower, with more conversation to draw them out.

At any rate, well done! This is an amazing fic!

Have a lovely day!

InK
Lightning And Blossoms chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
I reaaaaally love this fanfiction. I love your style of writing and how you show the first version of the scene and yours. Brilliant. I loved it.
PennyOfTheWild chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
Just one word ... wow ...
DreamsInBlackAndWhite chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
Wow. This was frickin' awesome! It was seriously brilliant. One of the greatest I've read. Everything just fits together perfectly. It's perfect. Just perfect.
your knight in tinfoil armor chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
Just a note, this actually happened in November at 11 o'clock. Ash metnioned all the 11's. :)
freakily obsessed Yassen fan chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
Wow! this fic is great! please update soon! i love the two different universes idea! Keep it up!

PW
amitai chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
May I glomp this fic? Just a little bit?

I LOVE it. Seriously, adore it. I'm just sorry I haven't reviewed before, it came up while I was at school, so I haven't had a chance to get to a computer and write the fantastic review this deserves.

It's absolutely brilliant. The mix of the two universes - and such a lovely alternate one, against the grubby, tired, cynical canon - is so incredibly awesome. It's fantastic for canon that it happened the way it did, but sometimes you get a story which makes your heart bleed a little that it ended up that way...

...OK, I'm going to cut it off there, and just say again that I LOVE this story, and thank you so much for writing it! Brilliant.

-amitai
oliveoil889 chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
Wow good job!
Aquanova chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
I liked the way it was written, although it would have helped if you put the explanations at the beginning. It was confusing at first because of that. Besides that though, I enjoyed it. Good work!
Devil's Sunrise chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
Wow. Good. I very much liked the style of your writing in this story. Fitted it very well. I couldn't see any typos, which is refreshing. Seriously, great story!

MS
Scorpia710 chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
Good one shot, it was very well written. I hope you will write more Alex Rider stories and soon!

Smelly Cat
AleksandryaGregonovitch chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
Pretty good start. Update Soon!