Reviews for Spoonful of sugar
pipinheart chapter 1 . 5/5
Love John taking care of a sick Dean.
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
You are really killing me with your excellent writing. This is awesome! Also love whenever you include Tolkien in them :)
And the characters are brilliantly some ways I think you've developed them in ways that the show never quite gets to! You should be a writer for the show :)
Victoriaswords chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
hehe i love ur thinking:) cute sweet and i loved it
ccase13 chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
I like nurse JOhn taking care of Dean.
PlatinumRoseLady chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Very VERY good!
NC Girl chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
I just got home from a fairly long holiday to find something like 25 "author alerts" from you. What a welcomed sight!

This is a wonderful snapshot into what could have been a normal event experienced by any given family. But it's your characters' reactions to this that make it so touching. I really enjoy seeing examples of John in a real role as "dad" with the boys... and how the boys probably would have reacted to him as such. Especially in situations that didn't involve a hunt. I also love the references to Mary and the peaks of life that she and John must have in the early years of their marriage. All of those things are so warm and touching and real.

Excellent job, as always! I look forward to catching up on what I've missed while I was away. :)
cavetrollgrl chapter 1 . 5/16/2008
Great winchester as a family fic. Nice to see John let his boys take priority over a hunt.
R.K. Cloud chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
Awsome story. Great job on this!

smokeyhorse chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
Aw! :-D Great job!
may7fic chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
Adored this story and, this line:

“I should get sick more often,” he whispers into the now-unwelcoming silence...

Twinchy chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
*content but a little sad sigh*

Great story and very moving. Both the setting and your writing style worked gorgeously with this ficlet. The way you had the reader see the situation - and the problems that came with it - through their Dad's eyes got to me from the start.

I really love your writing John as the tender and caring father he probalby was too - apart from being a hunter and certainly often enough relentless drill-sergeant.

Sweet how Sammy didn't pick one single fight with his Dad, even seemed to enjoy his company during Dean's recovery, but almost instantly turned back to his 'usual self' after his brother got well again.
sweetysmart0505 chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
That was totally totally adorable! Very very good job on this OneShot!
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
This was awesome. The little details like the fact that Mary never sang them lullaby's were perfect. Thanks for the read.
anonymous chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
That was one of the sweetest little hurt comforts I've ever read!
irishgirl9 chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
That was a sweet little story. I really enjoyed reading and I love how you portray John as a loving father. I also like that Sam doesn't fight with John while Dean's sick, but once Dean's better all bets are off. You should do a flashback about wht happned with Mary in HS. I'm curious as to the full story!