Reviews for Desperate Measures
Dragonfury16 chapter 5 . 12/17/2014
i dont understand why harry has to be so horrible at times . and its kind of sad that hermione and ron aren't there for him and are portrayed as the "bad guys" surely 5 years of friendship wouldn't break that easily/ but oh well it is a fic after all. anyways, good job !
Heksie chapter 33 . 11/27/2014
Nice fic.
DemeRain chapter 32 . 11/2/2014
I enjoyed this story even more the second time through. Thanks again for sharing vvc.
the other witch chapter 33 . 10/20/2014
Splendid! Great work! Thanks for sharing
Maree chapter 1 . 10/10/2014
I really like the premise of your story but I have mixed feelings about this chapter. I'll try giving it another chance, but I simply cannot go along with the "It's okay to almost kill someone for no reason as long as it's legal" philosophy. I hope Harry has a better reason, because legal or not - he's just attempted murder because someone touched his arm and having the law on his side doesn't make it right. That sounds like the sort of thing Voldemort does, actually.
cztelnik chapter 33 . 9/30/2014
I have to side with Beta's on this chapter - it very effectively and efficiently wraps up loose ends without being too verbose. There's a LOT of story here at the end, it still carry's the essential story vibe and transitions into a wonderful foreshadowing of the 'King' and his Queen's reign. Especially liked the detail on the training Harry, Draco and family provided to ensure the King was as prepared as possible to become Britain's new Sovereign. Nice tidbit on Hermione's 'squirrel' rescue by 'tiger' Moody! Rough on the Muggle population and thanks for explaining that un-plottable means covered by ocean for Muggles, I always wondered how that would be plausible and but this scenario makes sense.

Oh yes, and thanks for saving Weasley's and not demonizing them in spite of the Malfoy's great detestation of all things Weasley.

I plan to read this again, and probably several times more. This is one of the very special stories that make me wish there was an extra special favorite list. ")
Commander Riker chapter 1 . 9/30/2014
i love this story! this is at least the 3rd time ive read it!
cztelnik chapter 25 . 9/29/2014
So, 10,000 secrets to protect the wizard Britain culture. I thought originally Luna would be Squirrel but like Hermione even better and Luna is better as crazy wild Wolf to raise the bride of the King...if that's what's happening here?

Also thought at first 10,000 secrets would be all of Malfoy's vassals but doesn't seem that way at all.

Hermione doesn't like being divinely appointed but the gods don't mind - almost as good as Fate and The Lady playing dice over Rincewind.
cztelnik chapter 24 . 9/29/2014
Hmm, Harry is being very tactful - he is more so in this story than most. Really neat tidbit about Sirius's journals compared to Lilly's. *grins* makes sense that Sirius was so random and detailed wanting to leave Harry every bit if information he could. Most stories don't utilize Sirius's pureblood upbringing enough - just because he forsook the dark magic and was a little insane doesn't automatically mean he'd disparage the family traditions and customs - in fact I think he'd hold to those very strongly because as Harry's godfather he'd be expected to train and teach Harry these wizard customs. He'd want badly to pass on the Black and Potter family knowledge and the rites of passage, stories and general experiences he was cheated out of sharing with Harry during his formative years. He'd feel even more desperate about this because Harry's parents are dead too and the burden was Sirius's entirely.
cztelnik chapter 23 . 9/29/2014
'Of course they are, Draco said as he led them into the hall. It's Sunday breakfast and there're extra pastries.' I can just imagine the aristocratic satisfied (not smug, because a Malfoy never 'looks' smug) expression when Draco explains his faultless planning to Pansy.

I agree with leyinjan's review - the quotable, memorable lines in this story are prolific and delightfully entertaining.
cztelnik chapter 21 . 9/29/2014
This explanation actually is very attractive - Lucius is an anomaly and Draco comes from a strong line. The money and power had to come from somewhere and the Malfoy's have been rich and powerful for many generations according to most sources. Allowing Muggle born children to make their own decision is probably also a good idea - sponsored by wizard patrons they are old enough to maintain familial ties if they want to. I'll have to read this through more closely on the re-read(certain I'll be reading this story again) but for now just want to get on with the story!
cztelnik chapter 20 . 9/29/2014
Draco and Pansy are putting in quite the effort and Draco definitely has an advantage but has to work to put it to use. Also he'd be a great father to a King - very regal and all.

I'm glad Harry is going to get to escape Britain's squabbles and can't feel bad at all about Dumbledore.
cztelnik chapter 19 . 9/29/2014
WOot! This story is inventive and sardonically witty and just GREAT!
cztelnik chapter 5 . 9/29/2014
I really LIKE this story, maybe just cause I'm in the mood to relax but it's funny and a bit smart, just...cleverly amusing. Yep that's it!
BlazeingEcho chapter 33 . 9/28/2014