Reviews for Passing Strange
JamesLuver chapter 15 . 5/3/2010
Their first fight went very well. I think you did a great job of getting down the heated emotions and making us as readers feel them too. I can't believe Sweeney almost confessed he loved her! Too bad he didn't, but there's plenty of opportunity in the future, I suppose. :) The making up scene was very artfully done, with Nellie realising what must be done in order to move on. :)
JamesLuver chapter 14 . 5/2/2010
I love the dynamics Sweeneyand Nellie's relationship have. It's nice to see that even though they're sleeping together now, not much has changed in terms of how they act around each other. I was giggling all the way through this, from the picture of Lovett persuading Todd to go to the party, to "Carol finally reaches them, stopping to adjust her fishnet stockings, before looking up at them, grinning from ear to ear as she brandishes her feather duster. “Guess what I am,” she asks, laughing.

“A nun,” Eleanor deadpans and Sweeney snorts next to her."

And, of course, the image of Sweeney Todd dressed as a barber again, standing at a party is rather amusing. xD But uh-oh, a fight is brewing...S
JamesLuver chapter 13 . 5/2/2010
I was quite sure at the begging that he'd shagged her and left her. I was quite literally ready to start shouting at something, so I'm glad he came back. :) Carol gets more awesome every time she appears; I'm loving how she knew immediately that Nellie had had sex with Sweeney. xD And the whole bargaining scene was so cute; Sweeney and Nellie really do have the most amazing flirting techniques in the world. I have never wanted to be Nellie quite so badly as I did reading that scene.
JamesLuver chapter 12 . 5/2/2010
Thank the Lord! Or the Fates! P I can't believe they're finally together! I'm so excited, and insanely glad the house is empty so I can squeal like a loony.

The touch with having Sweeney examine his own feelings while arguing with the students was epic. I loved how it helped him to see that although Nellie hadn't told him about Lucy, there were other reasons behind it besides what he'd previously thought. It was great to see him realising that neither of them had been completely right in their actions.

I find the image of Sweeney watching "The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" rather hilarious. Nellie is right; Anthony /does/ look rather girly. I liked how she was unable to watch the entire thing due to her guilt and seeing little Toby, and it was a nice touch having her apologise. Sweeney's response was truly in-character; I can't see him apologising for anything. xD

The intimate scene was written really delicately. It had just the right amount of action for us to be allowed to focus on the feelings of the act rather than the act itself.
JamesLuver chapter 11 . 5/2/2010
Everything about this chapter was just right. Bored!Sweeney is just too cute, and I loved the descriptions of the outings they went on. The boat tipping over was hilarious; I was laughing my head off at the image of a wet Sweeney. It was nice to see some of Sweeney's possessiveness shining through again at the baseball game, and the power outage was very cute. And /sure/ the Sisters weren't interfering...;)

But I can't believe they didn't bloody kiss! Gah, I was so geared up for it, reading on desperately to find out how they'd react to it...but they didn't even do it! I feel as disappointed as the Sisters, perhaps even moreso! Still, surely they can't continue this way for too long now...?

Great chapter, as always.
JamesLuver chapter 10 . 5/2/2010
The date scene was hilarious, bless Nellie, being all clueless. xD But yay for Sweeney being jealous! Tantamount to saying he fancies her, even if it is only deep in his subconscious at the moment. I'm glad that their friendship wasn't damaged by the whole date mixup, since Sweeney spent so much of the chapter brooding. This story just keeps getting better and better.
JamesLuver chapter 9 . 5/1/2010
I very much enjoyed the dream sequence. It certainly seems to have had an effect on him anyway. :D The whole chapter in general was great. I can't believe he brought Lucy back up though. I mean, sure, he spent most of his time obsessing over her and stuff, but that was over a hundred years ago. Time he left her behind, in my opinion. xD Kurtis Russell is amazing though. His crush on Nellie has left me grinning, and I'm wondering how that little thing will turn out. I can imagine Sweeney getting all jealous over it. xD The end of the chapter was so cute, with Sweeney comforting Nellie when she was upset. And I was laughing when I read Louie likes to watch Dexter's Laboratory. Awesomness. :D
JamesLuver chapter 8 . 5/1/2010
This chapter is insanely funny. The image of a drunk Nellie is going to stay with me forever; I'll never be able to listen to 'Twist and Shout' without thinking of this and laughing. Everything about this chapter was supurb. I really liked the pacing of it, and you never cease to amaze me with how in character you keep Todd and Lovett every single time. Heehee, bless Nellie getting all flustered at a toweled Sweeney (I would too!), and I'm already looking forward to reading about the next dream. xD
JamesLuver chapter 7 . 5/1/2010
Haha, I'm still LOL'ing from the PotC/PotA/JD/TB/HBC references - they were priceless! xD

I loved the exchange between Carol and Nellie; I wouldn't let him out of the bedroom either. ;) The whole thing on friendship was very tactfully done, and I like how they're sort of slipping into a more companiable relationship than ever before. And I like how Sweeney would still have probably come even if he'd known she'd have roped him into staying longer. Progress, maybe. :)
JamesLuver chapter 6 . 5/1/2010
Wow, that's one creepy urban legend. 0_o;

But anyway, this chapter was fantastic, as per usual. Once more, the interactions between Sweeney and Nellie were perfect, with a great balance of almost-flirting and amusing irritation. The thought of Nellie sat in the back of Sweeney's class listening to him teach was just so cute, and I was grinning when she asked him out to dinner. Bless! I love your characterisations of this duo so much! :D
cruciothelights chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Awesome! :)
JamesLuver chapter 5 . 5/1/2010
Haha, I'm still giggling at Sweney taking the "Are you good in bed?" quiz. Priceless. xD I also love how he discovered the letters he'd wrote to her; as Skuld said, it provides them with a more firm foundation because she's always been in his life. And Louie is so adorable! I'm not a fan of dogs myself, but he is such a little cutie! 3 The easy dynamics in Sweeney and Nellie's relationship are so refreshing to read. :)
JamesLuver chapter 4 . 4/30/2010
I love Carol. She's so bubbly and cute! The exchange between her and Nellie just had me grinning. I hope there is more of her in the other chapters, because she seems like a very fun character.

Haha, the image of Sweeney teaching is very adorable for some reason. I love the way you incorportated the events of 1846 into the lesson, that was a stroke of pure genius. I think Sweeney handled it very well. xP

The end of the chapter was too cute, with him putting his hand on her forehead and Nellie leaning into his touch. Yay for her still having feelings for a sexy ex-barber! xD
JamesLuver chapter 3 . 4/30/2010
Aww, poor Toby lookalike, poor Nellie. :( The pain Nellie was feeling about him dying was so well written that I was almost crying too! Also, I really like how you expanded on their feelings from the past and how they'd changed over the years, even if they didn't regret it. The interactions between Sweeney and Nellie were also spot on; I adore the way he actually allowed her to lean against him despite how uncomfortable he was feeling.
JamesLuver chapter 2 . 4/30/2010
Yep, I'm definitely not disappointed. :) I love the flow of this chapter, and I love the way you described both Todd and Lovett's feelings throughout, their different reactions to each other and the likes. I particularly liked the line: "But on the occasions when he stops running and stays with Eleanor for a few days, he always feels like he has come home. This fact only makes him want to run away again." That's such a brilliant Sweeney thought, because that's /exactly/ his way of thinking. And now that he's staying around for a while, I'm interested in seeing how things will pan out.

The part with the Wyrd sisters at the end also adds casts a very different feel to the whole thing, with them watching their progress. It's such an enjoyable read. :)
963 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »