Reviews for Connections
fwennie chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
You're far too good, I am intensly jealous - dagnabit.

Seriously, your short ficcys are as good as your longer ones.

This one is just perfect.

Wend x
KatieLB chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
another great little story even if it did leave me in tears! great job chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
Awesome Michaela, what a lovely memorial to your mum. I know that she would have loved all your stories and been so proud of your achievements, you have such a great talent.

“I managed to get through to Bobby and he reckons he can make it here in two hours, maybe less.”

Sam looked at him.

“Who else would you have suggested? We can’t exactly dial 911 unless you feel like explaining what the hell we were doing here in the first place and why we happen to be carrying shotguns?”

Dean grimaced.

“Ok, good point.”

“Thank you. Like I said, he’s gonna be here as soon as he can and then we can get this beam off you and get you to the hospital.”

“Don’t even think about it.”

Again you had their banter to perfection, even in a difficult situation they still manage to lob the conversational ball back and forth with practiced ease! (Hope you understand what the hell I am on about there!)

Bittersweet that Sam didn't immediately recognise the day and then felt guilty about it, but as he had never actually experienced his mum's birthday he had nothing to feel guilty about!

Love how Sam got Dean to talk about his memory and the gift he bought her (could so imagine it in my mind with the daylight reflecting off the ballerina) Had Dean not been trapped by the beam I'm sure he would not have opened up so much but it was a story Sam needed to hear and gave him more of an image of his mum.

Again perfect conversation between them when Bobby arrived

Damn, Bobby, could you point that thing somewhere else?” said Dean and the elder hunter quickly lowered the beam.

“I see his sunny disposition ain’t been affected.” said Bobby dryly as he made his way carefully across the rubble to them, gruffness covering his sheer relief at finding them alive and conscious.

“Why would it, it’s just a scratch apparently.” said Sam in a tone of voice that clearly telegraphed how much he believed that one.

Bobby aimed the flashflight at the beam pinning Dean to the floor and shook his head.

“Oh yeah, I can see that.” he said and Dean looked indignant.

“You come here to gang up on me with him or to get me out from under this damn thing?”

“Keep that up and I just might turn right around.” said Bobby, even though it was an empty threat.

Again could imagine the whole scene playing out in my mind as I read, well could see the whole story actually!

Typical Dean, insisting on driving his 'baby' and typical Sam luring Dean to the hospital by mentioning his arm, even though Dean knew full well what Sam was doing!

Beautiful moment with the birthday cake back at the motel, so emotional Sam chose the perfect way for them to celebrate their mum's birthday and even though she wasn't there to see it you are sure she was looking down on them!

Thank you for sharing this, and I wish I could have left a more eloquent review to do justice to your words.

You are brilliant Michaela, hope you have a day full of wonderful memories.
deangirl1 chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
Very sweet - and not just the cake! Excellent characterization - and I'm a sucker for Bobby-to-the-rescue stories...
lunasgathering39 chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
You evil witch you! I almost managed to read the whole thing without tearing up. But you just HAD to go and throw in the cake. Evil!

But seriously, this was a great story. Brotherly banter was spot on as usual. We even got a little bit of Bobby too. I do have one question. Do you get some sort of sadistic kick out of dropping the boys through the floor? _
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
I was having so much fun reading your story, I never realized the length. I love long one shots, so thank you.

'Sam felt the most ridiculous grin light up his face and didn't care. Right now he could have done a happy dance.' I had laugh at that line.

I love how Dean could look at Sam and know about his injuries.

I was a little worried there as Sam asked Dean how he felt, so thanks for just letting the beam pin him, no grave injuries.

Perfect that Sam would have called Bobby for help. I love how he broke some 'land/speed' records to get to his boys. 'Dean smirked. He could just picture Bobby flying along in his old car, cursing and pushing it to go faster.'

What a perfect moment as Dean shared a memory of their mom with Sam. I could just picture John holding onto a very young Dean to keep him from breaking anything in the shop.

I can remember my sister and I making breakfast for our mom on special occasions. The size of our pancakes, it is a wonder my parents could eat half of it.

Sam did a great job of pulling Dean to safety and I loved how he played his little brother card, so Dean would go to the hospital and get checked out.

Nice reference to the fabric softener teddy bear, that was always a great line from Dean.

What a sweet ending as the brothers celebrated their mom's birthday. 'Enjoying each other's company. Taking care of one another.'

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Take care.
riquitv chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
really good story, it was so sweet, i think mary was a great mother, it's so sad she died :(, but the story is great :)
Nana56 chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
I think so, too. I know I would. This was great. I've only got one thing to say...I don't think Dean would refer to something as 'lovely'. LOL It worked for me, tho.

Great job on this, hon. Just the right amount of humor and hurt/comfort. Loved Sam considering knocking himself out for the duration. Very well done!
My heart beats only for you chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
Awesome :D
friendly chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
nice job.. that was good..
sweetysmart0505 chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
This was a very very good lengthy story. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
Oh, that was so great. Enough action to be a good read and enough banter and happy moments to round it out nicely. Great work.

Funny though. I have a story called connections. Actually my first fic. Its way different though.
27 | « Prev Page 1 2