Reviews for Tea With Destiny
FloraFlorapower chapter 1 . 5/9
A nice Short Story . Welk done .
BirdlikeEmanations chapter 1 . 5/4
I actually gasped at the Zuko reveal (I thought it was Roku, ha). It works so well, though, the role reversal between the two of them- Young Iroh being the lost and turbulent one and Old Zuko being the patient and wise one. I've always wanted to know more about Iroh's life-altering time in the Spirit World and this delivered beautifully.
michellejjones chapter 1 . 4/9
brought tears to my eyes! beautifully written.
YorkyOnTheRun chapter 1 . 11/10/2017
Do you know how hard it is to sustain such a large grin on your face even if unnoticed? I applaud you get spite you for the pai my face is feeling and this damn years and oh godddddd this was just so good! Damn!
Deja Vu 22 chapter 1 . 4/18/2017
OH MY GOD THAT WAS AMAZING! It brought a huge smile to my face, thank you for writing this!
Polish chapter 1 . 3/28/2017
Oh that was beautiful! -sniff- Very beautiful, and could easily be cannon, I loved it! I thought that that was Zuko at some point, and was proven right. This was a great fic, and you did a great job on it. Thank you for sharing.
TidePoolDevil chapter 1 . 12/22/2016
Naw.
BooksAreMedicine chapter 1 . 11/17/2016
Cool twist with older Zuko advising his uncle
Ruby of Raven chapter 1 . 10/6/2016
Yes! XD Old Zuko for the win! And, no wonder why Iroh was always so confident that things would turn out alright.
HotXbun chapter 1 . 8/10/2016
I wonder if that's what happened in the show?
Selene Dreamwalker chapter 1 . 4/13/2016
I've imagined this conversation happening so many times. Old!Zuko talking to Young!Iroh, I mean. And that reasoning was my reasoning.

Thanks to this fic, I am now picturing Old!Zuko popping in now and then, giving Iroh advice on how to deal with his confused, contrary young self. And Ji/Jee - the Lieutenant on Zuko's ship, not the mechanic guy - seeing General Iroh talking to an elderly man (how? They've been at sea for week and haven't stopped at any ports, and he was NOT there before). Old!Zuko raises his brow over his right shoulder at Lieutenant Jee, who hasn't seen the scar, and says dryly "Didn't you know, Lieutenant? We old folk all know each other, even though Iroh isn't quite that old yet."

And this mysterious, nameless old man - nameless because General Iroh outright refuses to name him, frustratingly - continues to pop in as he likes, usually impossibly. Eventually the General admits he's getting advice on dealing with/helping/raising Zuko. Jee is skeptical, but says nothing. He doesn't think it's working, because the bratty Prince is just as shouty and stompy as ever. Things continue in this vein until the North Pole Invasion.

Jee, along with a handful of Zuko's crew, survive and are sailing back to the Fire Nation when, one night, there's a tea pot set up and the Nameless Oldster sipping at a cup like he's waiting for someone, evidently Jee by the way he's beckoned to take a seat. The Nameless Oldster is looking out at the Ocean on Jee's left, and Jee is startled to realize he's never seen this man from the left. Always the right. And the man never turns enough for the left side of his face to be visible.

He does so now, and Jee is not surprised by the surprise that nearabout paralyses him. He'd know THAT SCAR anywhere. The Nameless Oldster just smiles mysteriously, rather like General Iroh - how had he never seen that? Because he's an idiot, that's why - now that he thinks about it, and fades away like he was never there. The only evidence that he was is the (fantastically magnificent) tea he didn't brew, and the empty cup that belongs to no one.

Somehow, he's STILL blindsided by the Brat Prince - oh, excuse ME, sir, Brat LORD, I meant - being alive. And damn near faints when the Brat Lord makes him Captain of the Palace Guard. As he's heading back to his room, he happens to look down the hallway, and pointedly does NOT jump out of his skin, though he wants to very badly, when he sees the Not-Nameless Oldster (wearing the robes and crown of a royal, of The Fire Lord, he really WAS blind) standing there. There's a wrinkly Grin, he get's winked at in a distinctly wicked - unnerving - fashion, and Jee resigns himself to his fate.

He'll never stop calling Fire Lord Zuko a shouty brat, though, no matter how old who gets. Somehow, he thinks Zuko will appreciate it that way.

Damn, I need to stop doing this. Makes for a stupidly long comment.
Evillaugh chapter 1 . 3/5/2016
This is, hands down, one of my favourite fanfics of all time
Saeryen chapter 1 . 12/18/2015
Oh, wonderful! This was so neat!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/24/2015
I like it!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/18/2015
Curse you for making me happy cry!