Reviews for Tea With Destiny
Ruby of Raven chapter 1 . 10/6
Yes! XD Old Zuko for the win! And, no wonder why Iroh was always so confident that things would turn out alright.
HotXbun chapter 1 . 8/10
I wonder if that's what happened in the show?
Selene Dreamwalker chapter 1 . 4/13
I've imagined this conversation happening so many times. Old!Zuko talking to Young!Iroh, I mean. And that reasoning was my reasoning.

Thanks to this fic, I am now picturing Old!Zuko popping in now and then, giving Iroh advice on how to deal with his confused, contrary young self. And Ji/Jee - the Lieutenant on Zuko's ship, not the mechanic guy - seeing General Iroh talking to an elderly man (how? They've been at sea for week and haven't stopped at any ports, and he was NOT there before). Old!Zuko raises his brow over his right shoulder at Lieutenant Jee, who hasn't seen the scar, and says dryly "Didn't you know, Lieutenant? We old folk all know each other, even though Iroh isn't quite that old yet."

And this mysterious, nameless old man - nameless because General Iroh outright refuses to name him, frustratingly - continues to pop in as he likes, usually impossibly. Eventually the General admits he's getting advice on dealing with/helping/raising Zuko. Jee is skeptical, but says nothing. He doesn't think it's working, because the bratty Prince is just as shouty and stompy as ever. Things continue in this vein until the North Pole Invasion.

Jee, along with a handful of Zuko's crew, survive and are sailing back to the Fire Nation when, one night, there's a tea pot set up and the Nameless Oldster sipping at a cup like he's waiting for someone, evidently Jee by the way he's beckoned to take a seat. The Nameless Oldster is looking out at the Ocean on Jee's left, and Jee is startled to realize he's never seen this man from the left. Always the right. And the man never turns enough for the left side of his face to be visible.

He does so now, and Jee is not surprised by the surprise that nearabout paralyses him. He'd know THAT SCAR anywhere. The Nameless Oldster just smiles mysteriously, rather like General Iroh - how had he never seen that? Because he's an idiot, that's why - now that he thinks about it, and fades away like he was never there. The only evidence that he was is the (fantastically magnificent) tea he didn't brew, and the empty cup that belongs to no one.

Somehow, he's STILL blindsided by the Brat Prince - oh, excuse ME, sir, Brat LORD, I meant - being alive. And damn near faints when the Brat Lord makes him Captain of the Palace Guard. As he's heading back to his room, he happens to look down the hallway, and pointedly does NOT jump out of his skin, though he wants to very badly, when he sees the Not-Nameless Oldster (wearing the robes and crown of a royal, of The Fire Lord, he really WAS blind) standing there. There's a wrinkly Grin, he get's winked at in a distinctly wicked - unnerving - fashion, and Jee resigns himself to his fate.

He'll never stop calling Fire Lord Zuko a shouty brat, though, no matter how old who gets. Somehow, he thinks Zuko will appreciate it that way.

Damn, I need to stop doing this. Makes for a stupidly long comment.
Evillaugh chapter 1 . 3/5
This is, hands down, one of my favourite fanfics of all time
Aria Saeryen chapter 1 . 12/18/2015
Oh, wonderful! This was so neat!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/24/2015
I like it!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/18/2015
Curse you for making me happy cry!
ebonypol chapter 1 . 9/15/2015
Loved it! Amazing, what an awesome paradox :)
InsanityIsClarity chapter 1 . 7/26/2015
I rather like the idea of Zuko being Iroh's source of hope as Iroh was Zuko's source of hope in a never ending paradoxical circle. Well done!
WriterGirl7673 chapter 1 . 5/12/2015
This is so adorable! I nearly started to cry... Well done. :)
Obsessive Consumptive Reader chapter 1 . 11/18/2014
O.o oh god, the Mind-fuck of bootstrap paradox.

This is made even more epic because you pretty much predicted what Toph would pull off SIX YEARS BEFORE IT HAPPENED!

(FYI Toph's the new Earth Sage/Guru living in the swamp where time is an illusion...and Aang met a vision of Toph in the swamp before he knew her...)
reader1 chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
Moxy chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
I put off reading this b/c I knew it would make me cry and it did. *sniffle*
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
Ahaha. That's an excellent plot twist!
quoththeraven5 chapter 1 . 12/14/2013