Reviews for Epistles
Shadow Flame 777 chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
nice
scorchedtrees chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
This is a really great piece—you should do a follow-up with Ursa and Zuko post-war!
JustJos16 chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
This was great! I liked how you used the letters to show insight into the characters of Ozai, Azulon, and especially Ursa. The ending was a nice touch too. Great job!

-JJ-
Phoenix Wingz chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
Very intriguing. The format is different from the supposedly "normal" format so its a bit fresh for me (not that I don't mind). Power corrupts afterall!
Electric Risk chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
That was great! I liked how you were subtle, especially on Iroh's end. I love Iroh, he can be as harmless as a kitten, but the second he senses you're up to know good...

Sabertooth Mooselion time. Rawr.

One question though... Azula took the dagger, but not the note? How did Zuko get the dagger back?

-shrug-

Ursa kicks ass. Ozai sucks. So does Azulon, for that matter. For serious, trying to kill Zuzu? It's like killing a turtle-duckling!

Haha, anyway, good job!

-ER-

PS. Zutara win.
Pop-Rocks-and-Soda chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
Oh that was aweesome! I loved the insight into what Ursa was thinking and feeling. I always wondered how she could muster up the courage to do whatever she did - in this case, kill Azulon. Freakin Ozai and his 'do it, do it' guh, makes me hate him even MORE. Poor Zuko! I loved the letters between Iroh and Ozai and the Zutara at the end was squeeful! Wonderfully written, mydear, I think I'm falling in love with your writing!
Jaeeton chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
Take three (read as: my internet hates me, this is the third time today I've tried to post a reveiw :sweatdrops:). Anyways...

That was wonderful! I absolutely loved it. The message format was different but I think you pulled it off really well, the story flowed perfectly. It was sad in places, but beautiful, and the zutara at the end is just win. By the way, my friend was reading this over my shoulder and she really liked it too :D
AvatarAiris chapter 1 . 5/1/2008
that was amazing _

i love your idea of using

a mixture of letters and story

for it ;D it was really great :D

thanks again for the awesome one-shot ;)

this really was an amazing one-shot
Lily Dragon chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
Gaah, that was beautiful...

Dramatic, but not sentimental... (and that last letter almost made me cry)You got it just right

And about the reviews, don't worry: even the people that only review your zutara stories don't do it just because of the characters: after all, there are a lot of fics like that around... I think people only do so because they liked the way YOU made the characters and the story...

Cheers!

L.D.
Harlequin Jade chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
Great one-shot! I love it. especially the ending!
badculture chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
As usual, I enjoyed your writing!

I admit I was a bit thrown off at first when Ursa and Ozai were corresponding. I found it a bit odd that they were writing letters over whether or not to kill Zuko; it's difficult to imagine Ursa sitting down with a brush at her desk and writing a note when her husband could be on his way to kill her son as she writes, especially towards the end of their "discussion". I just think there would be quite a bit of sitting and waiting for a reply in between each one, in which Ursa and Ozai were both losing time to take action.

Otherwise the notes WERE well done. I particularly enjoyed Ozai's address of "BELOVED". Because you could tell that he wasn't putting any real feeling into it when he wrote it. It was a minor detail that I thought was very telling of his character.

The narration in between letters was spot on, and I also really enjoyed The letters between Ozai and Iroh. I didn't feel that you needed to add a note at the end explaining that Iroh didn't buy Ozai's story; you conveyed his tone really well, and his comment about knowing betrayal was excellent.
Dragon Jadefire chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
Ooh, I love it! I love how you do Ursa/Ozai in the beginning and somehow tie Zutara in at the end.