Reviews for A Candle Against The Ocean
dragoness simplicity chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
A very touching story. I loved hearing Miko's timid perspective. You nailed that character. Nicely done.
Monki-Neko chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
wow, just wow. ive always wanted more lengthy not-mary-sue canon-compliant or headcanon stories about the minor characters, especially for miko! this was an awesome story!
quoththeraven5 chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
wow, this was amazing! :)
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 8/16/2013
Wow.
fairjennet chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
OMG, awesome!
DJA chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
Splendid. I love the quiet strength you portray here.
cimmer chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
What an amazing story. Miko is one of my favorite underused characters and this was just awesome. Strength and courage come from the smallest acts of defiance as often as they come from the large ones and Miko is all that in a quiet package. Thanks.
PsychoWing chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
Nice story. Great emotion. Loved Miko's fight.
lilawonder chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
I loved this story! I love sweet litle Miko kicking that red queen's ass!

Great concept.

Melissa
Tipper chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
Oh, this was wonderful! What a fantastic story! I adore Miko's POV in this, all adrenalin and heart and intrinsic strength. Thank you so much for writing it!
Aelfgyfu chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Very intense—I love the background story for Miko, and Rodney describing her to Sheppard at the end.
Sulien1 chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Whenever a fanfic author begs for reviews, especially at the beginning of a story, I tend not to leave a review of any sort, good or bad. Begging for reviews is just plain bad form.

However, I enjoyed this story so much that I decided to break my own rule and leave a review anyway. You've got everyone perfectly in voice here and I really enjoyed the small peek into Miko's past. My favorite part was the end, with McKay bragging how Miko kicked the Wraith Queen's ass and Miko wearing her trophy.

Please keep up the writing, if this story is any indication, you've got talent as a storyteller; just please remember not to beg for reviews.
astridv chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
This just shows that the quit ones are not to be messed with. :)

Great character piece! You gave Miko a backstory and a voice.
RowenaR chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
I love a good minor character story and Miko has been underappreciated. You do her justice and give her her own voice, timid but also strong and I'm happy I discovered this little gem :)
korilian chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
It's always the quiet ones... Awesome story.