Reviews for Memories of May
Jem chapter 1 . 12/19/2017
It's been YEARS since I first found this fic and marathon read it, then keenly kept an eye for the prequels and sequels and companion fics. And you know what? I still love it. I still can read it and enjoy it. And every time I see a POTC movie, and Barbossa turns up, I think of this fic and think of it's events and think "I need to read that again..." Brilliant piece of writing. I hope you have originals as well as fanfics, because you are a brilliant writer. Thanks for this fantastic story! Now to marathon read it... AGAIN. So much for sleep!
OhHannaBonita chapter 1 . 11/26/2017
I am totally IN LOVE with this story this is one of the few great Barbossa fanfics and I would be absolutely thrilled if it has a sequel about May *wink
MaraArlathan chapter 30 . 6/14/2017
Wooow, that was really good :3 Its so nice to finally find a storie where the main Char is not dressed as a boy or something like that :) Your writing style (I'm german, that is 1:1 what we call it) is smooth and comes easily, so I got lost for three days in this little gem. It was so amazing and Im glad you posted it here because I dont know if Barbossa ever got such an nice companion in any other story. I enjoyed it very much!
Guest chapter 24 . 4/3/2017
I just don't get why she would sleep with him just after she said no to a kiss...can anyone explain it's made me like her a lot less when 'smart' characters start acting stupid
Guest chapter 7 . 4/3/2017
Hanged not hung o3o
immortal chord chapter 3 . 6/19/2016
You may be gone but your stories will live on in our memories and our hearts, have a good rest Nytd
gotosleeplove chapter 30 . 5/30/2016
Just finished reading a second time-will forever love this story! Fabulous job; you truly are a wonderful writer! :)
BasicallyComplicated chapter 30 . 4/5/2016
This...was wonderfully written. I think you've changed the way I view Barbossa. All of the detail you put into this story was astounding. I loved every chapter. I usually don't like drama, but the way you wrote it was splendid. You also made sure not to neglect the different facets of each character, which really brought them to life. Your concept is one I have never encountered before, and I believe the way you ended this story was perfection. It was an utter joy to read.
Eurus Rantipole chapter 8 . 2/23/2016
Come now, let's not try to be TOO authentic here...you've seen the movies, yeah? lmao
Dreamsteel chapter 30 . 11/12/2015
Hello,
Um, I'm not sure if I'm addressing Nytd or Studley Constable. If the latter, then you know who I am (the girl who was offensive in her PM but absolutely loves SC's crossover between POTC and SH), and thank you, THANK YOU for recommending this author.
I just wanted to say I read this story and I loved it. From the Portuguese, to May's decreasing ability to bite her tongue, and the classics-influenced riddles, to the detail and depth of character development. Constable, I assume this is the source of the scene in TCotHM where Barbossa looks at the portrait of a blonde woman (Madeline) before lending her medical instruments to Dr Watson?
Beautiful. Really. I absolutely love the connection, and now I feel like Hector Barbossa is one of my favourite characters in the franchise.
Thank you, thank you, for writing this story, Nydt, wherever you are.
Stel
FateMagician chapter 30 . 7/25/2015
After reading this, I will never be able to watch Pirates of the Caribbean the same way again, and I say that as a good thing.

Barbossa is my favorite pirate of the franchise, and you went above and beyond in doing him justice. I am a critic of character portrayal, (because honestly, its the characters who make the story,) so I don't give praise like that often. Also, your plot was very engaging and I simply couldn't put this story down.

Your character development, however, deserves the most praise. It's one thing to create a character, but another entirely to develop them as if they were real people, and showing the reader that they are.

On a minor note, I could find nothing with overall grammar and spelling, and can't fault you with your nice grasp of sailing terminology and pirate jargon.

Praises aside for now, I can't wait to read more on Madeline and Barbossa! (Ignoring the fact that I am now reading the second installation on my surface laptop as I write this.)

Keep on writing!
Guest chapter 30 . 5/16/2015
Amazing story. It has inspired me to live in the moment and take s chance. Thank you
Born in 20th Century chapter 30 . 11/22/2014
Thanks for sharing this amazing story! I've immensely enjoyed every chapter, though I am a bit sad at the ending that May and Barbossa didn't have their happy and adventurous life together in the end :'( Nevertheless, thanks for writing this brilliantly unique tale! :)
katiebug700 chapter 30 . 10/14/2014
Wow. That story was amazing!
MangaStarAngel chapter 30 . 9/20/2014
OMG! AWESOME! Love the HAT!