Reviews for Memories of May
Alex chapter 30 . 7/18
This story was wonderful, I read it all the way through, which I very rarely do. I cannot wait to read the next part, thank you for writing such a delectable story.
Spirit91 chapter 30 . 7/4
I absolutely loved this so much ;-; Ended up reading the entire thing in one go.. couldn't help it. It's almost as if it actually happened, coming right from the story itself. And i have to say amazing job on the writing ! Can't wait to read the next part :D
I just posted a review, and then found that the author died a few years back. I don't know if this is the right place to say this, but I'm shocked and I'm so sorry. Of course I never knew her, but I've loved her stories, in fact I'm still in the process of reading the May series and even though there are no more updates I intend to read all of it. Judging from her writing she must have been a very special person, and my condolences go out to everyone who knew her.
Really loved this, I'll enjoy the movie even more now;) It's really great to have Captain Barbossa be given a proper background, the very best kind of fan fiction adds something to the original and makes you see a character differently, and this story had really succeeded in that. Nice to see more of Capitaine Chevalle, he hasn't cropped up in any of the PoTC fics I've come across, and I really liked the idea of all those pirates from across the world in AWE, and felt the scriptwriters didn't develop the idea as much as I would have liked. Loved Barbossa's relationship with Turk, and I found May a very sympathetic heroine, she's spirited and intelligent but also believable. Some otherwise very good stories are spoilt by irritating OCs, but fortunately not here. I'm definitely going to read the rest in this series.
Jem chapter 1 . 12/19/2017
It's been YEARS since I first found this fic and marathon read it, then keenly kept an eye for the prequels and sequels and companion fics. And you know what? I still love it. I still can read it and enjoy it. And every time I see a POTC movie, and Barbossa turns up, I think of this fic and think of it's events and think "I need to read that again..." Brilliant piece of writing. I hope you have originals as well as fanfics, because you are a brilliant writer. Thanks for this fantastic story! Now to marathon read it... AGAIN. So much for sleep!
OhHannaBonita chapter 1 . 11/26/2017
I am totally IN LOVE with this story this is one of the few great Barbossa fanfics and I would be absolutely thrilled if it has a sequel about May *wink
MaraArlathan chapter 30 . 6/14/2017
Wooow, that was really good :3 Its so nice to finally find a storie where the main Char is not dressed as a boy or something like that :) Your writing style (I'm german, that is 1:1 what we call it) is smooth and comes easily, so I got lost for three days in this little gem. It was so amazing and Im glad you posted it here because I dont know if Barbossa ever got such an nice companion in any other story. I enjoyed it very much!
Guest chapter 24 . 4/3/2017
I just don't get why she would sleep with him just after she said no to a kiss...can anyone explain it's made me like her a lot less when 'smart' characters start acting stupid
Guest chapter 7 . 4/3/2017
Hanged not hung o3o
immortal chord chapter 3 . 6/19/2016
You may be gone but your stories will live on in our memories and our hearts, have a good rest Nytd
gotosleeplove chapter 30 . 5/30/2016
Just finished reading a second time-will forever love this story! Fabulous job; you truly are a wonderful writer! :)
BasicallyComplicated chapter 30 . 4/5/2016
This...was wonderfully written. I think you've changed the way I view Barbossa. All of the detail you put into this story was astounding. I loved every chapter. I usually don't like drama, but the way you wrote it was splendid. You also made sure not to neglect the different facets of each character, which really brought them to life. Your concept is one I have never encountered before, and I believe the way you ended this story was perfection. It was an utter joy to read.
Eurus Rantipole chapter 8 . 2/23/2016
Come now, let's not try to be TOO authentic here...you've seen the movies, yeah? lmao
Dreamsteel chapter 30 . 11/12/2015
Hello,
Um, I'm not sure if I'm addressing Nytd or Studley Constable. If the latter, then you know who I am (the girl who was offensive in her PM but absolutely loves SC's crossover between POTC and SH), and thank you, THANK YOU for recommending this author.
I just wanted to say I read this story and I loved it. From the Portuguese, to May's decreasing ability to bite her tongue, and the classics-influenced riddles, to the detail and depth of character development. Constable, I assume this is the source of the scene in TCotHM where Barbossa looks at the portrait of a blonde woman (Madeline) before lending her medical instruments to Dr Watson?
Beautiful. Really. I absolutely love the connection, and now I feel like Hector Barbossa is one of my favourite characters in the franchise.
Thank you, thank you, for writing this story, Nydt, wherever you are.
Stel
FateMagician chapter 30 . 7/25/2015
After reading this, I will never be able to watch Pirates of the Caribbean the same way again, and I say that as a good thing.

Barbossa is my favorite pirate of the franchise, and you went above and beyond in doing him justice. I am a critic of character portrayal, (because honestly, its the characters who make the story,) so I don't give praise like that often. Also, your plot was very engaging and I simply couldn't put this story down.

Your character development, however, deserves the most praise. It's one thing to create a character, but another entirely to develop them as if they were real people, and showing the reader that they are.

On a minor note, I could find nothing with overall grammar and spelling, and can't fault you with your nice grasp of sailing terminology and pirate jargon.

Praises aside for now, I can't wait to read more on Madeline and Barbossa! (Ignoring the fact that I am now reading the second installation on my surface laptop as I write this.)

Keep on writing!