Reviews for Memories of May
Born in 20th Century chapter 30 . 11/22/2014
Thanks for sharing this amazing story! I've immensely enjoyed every chapter, though I am a bit sad at the ending that May and Barbossa didn't have their happy and adventurous life together in the end :'( Nevertheless, thanks for writing this brilliantly unique tale! :)
katiebug700 chapter 30 . 10/14/2014
Wow. That story was amazing!
snapeygirl chapter 30 . 9/20/2014
OMG! AWESOME! Love the HAT!
AliceInLa-La-Land1215 chapter 30 . 8/20/2014
Thank you for writing this, its been a while since ive laugh while reading and then yelled at my computer in the same chapter. I enjoyed it very much.
E. Darkbow chapter 30 . 2/8/2014
This story is definitely one of my favorites! You did a great job with Barbossa's character and I love the narration style. If you have written a sequel, I'll be reading it as soon as I find it.
superherosareawesome chapter 30 . 1/8/2014
I loved this! Your dialogue was incredible, your characters were wonderful. It was believable and oh so very incredible. All around an amazing story.
Nearing Midnight chapter 30 . 10/28/2013
I'm not usually a fan of romance, but on a whim I decided to click this story. I must say that I am truly impressed! Madeline was a perfectly-made OFC, while not becoming a Mary-sue. Her reactions to the certain events in the story were entirely believable.
And Barbossa; I haven't seen anybody else who writes him as well as you! At times I was convinced that you truly do own the character as you know him so well :0 his reaction to Madeline and their flowering romance was entirely believable as well.

I've been a lurking reader for quite some time, so please forgive me for not reviewing until now. XD

-NM
Angelic Fluffle chapter 30 . 8/10/2013
Waaaa! So good!
Fencing Supplies chapter 30 . 7/31/2013
It was lovely to take my time and read this all the way through. I think you have done a truly wonderful job and have written an amazing contribution to the fandom.
By the way, I found this through a TV trope recommendations page, just so you are aware of that.
May favourite part was the "damn" when he saw the back of May's dress. It was just written and sat with me so well. Thankyou for the service.
ToriaBarbossa chapter 30 . 6/18/2013
Hope you can forgive me for not reviewing before now. :) All I can think of to say without writing a book is that this is without a doubt the best story (especially about Captain Barbossa) that I have ever read. I was completely captivated through all 30 chapters, and I can't wait to read more of Madeline's story. You are an excellent writer and storyteller. Never forget that. :)
Lana chapter 30 . 3/28/2013
Well, this was one of the best stories I've ever read, and hands down the best Pirates story. As you've nicely pointed out in the end note, there are a couple of small hints that connect to the films and I find them wonderful.

May is a believable protagonist with a personality that's fun to read about; she's well developed and a person. Barbossa is different enough to believe this is indeed set before the first film, but in character enough for him to fit into the series of films as well as this story. Each of the named pirates have a personality - especially Turk and Bellamy, of course, but even the ones named once or twice had a personality. Not developed, but in regards to their importance to the story, this is to be expected - there are little ticks in their personalities I'm feeling and reading through-out the story, though.

Beyond the excellent characterization there is a good, believable plot that takes place over a time span that is equally believable (May falling in love in three days, for example, would not've been) and excellent writing. The dialogue especially deserves mention; excellently done, and feels appropriate for the setting and in-character to boot (after all, let's be honest; many people can read up on how to write accents and the ways of speaking during certain historical time periods, but little get it correct and fewer keep Barbossa's dialogue both original and in-character).

I tip my hat off to you, and will be off the read the other parts of May's story. (She is a VERY enjoyable protagonist, one I actually find myself caring for. Which is unlikely to be the case with many OC's)
Guest chapter 30 . 3/11/2013
That was a great story! Your a very talented author.
inali.the.black.fox chapter 30 . 2/5/2013
AWESOME!
Carma Bain Bentley chapter 30 . 1/12/2013
I love you... No, seriously, most realistic potc story ive ever read. Its the second time ive read its still amazing! The effort put into writing this really has paid off, and those stupid mary sue fics can suck it cause
this one will blow them out of the water and down to davy jones locker. Ily ;-) lol
Protagonist Of Life chapter 30 . 12/28/2012