Reviews for Memories of May
immortal chord chapter 3 . 6/19
You may be gone but your stories will live on in our memories and our hearts, have a good rest Nytd
gotosleeplove chapter 30 . 5/30
Just finished reading a second time-will forever love this story! Fabulous job; you truly are a wonderful writer! :)
BasicallyComplicated chapter 30 . 4/5
This...was wonderfully written. I think you've changed the way I view Barbossa. All of the detail you put into this story was astounding. I loved every chapter. I usually don't like drama, but the way you wrote it was splendid. You also made sure not to neglect the different facets of each character, which really brought them to life. Your concept is one I have never encountered before, and I believe the way you ended this story was perfection. It was an utter joy to read.
Delirium Majere chapter 8 . 2/23
Come now, let's not try to be TOO authentic here...you've seen the movies, yeah? lmao
Stelmariana chapter 30 . 11/12/2015
Hello,
Um, I'm not sure if I'm addressing Nytd or Studley Constable. If the latter, then you know who I am (the girl who was offensive in her PM but absolutely loves SC's crossover between POTC and SH), and thank you, THANK YOU for recommending this author.
I just wanted to say I read this story and I loved it. From the Portuguese, to May's decreasing ability to bite her tongue, and the classics-influenced riddles, to the detail and depth of character development. Constable, I assume this is the source of the scene in TCotHM where Barbossa looks at the portrait of a blonde woman (Madeline) before lending her medical instruments to Dr Watson?
Beautiful. Really. I absolutely love the connection, and now I feel like Hector Barbossa is one of my favourite characters in the franchise.
Thank you, thank you, for writing this story, Nydt, wherever you are.
Stel
FateMagician chapter 30 . 7/25/2015
After reading this, I will never be able to watch Pirates of the Caribbean the same way again, and I say that as a good thing.

Barbossa is my favorite pirate of the franchise, and you went above and beyond in doing him justice. I am a critic of character portrayal, (because honestly, its the characters who make the story,) so I don't give praise like that often. Also, your plot was very engaging and I simply couldn't put this story down.

Your character development, however, deserves the most praise. It's one thing to create a character, but another entirely to develop them as if they were real people, and showing the reader that they are.

On a minor note, I could find nothing with overall grammar and spelling, and can't fault you with your nice grasp of sailing terminology and pirate jargon.

Praises aside for now, I can't wait to read more on Madeline and Barbossa! (Ignoring the fact that I am now reading the second installation on my surface laptop as I write this.)

Keep on writing!
Guest chapter 30 . 5/16/2015
Amazing story. It has inspired me to live in the moment and take s chance. Thank you
Born in 20th Century chapter 30 . 11/22/2014
Thanks for sharing this amazing story! I've immensely enjoyed every chapter, though I am a bit sad at the ending that May and Barbossa didn't have their happy and adventurous life together in the end :'( Nevertheless, thanks for writing this brilliantly unique tale! :)
katiebug700 chapter 30 . 10/14/2014
Wow. That story was amazing!
UchihaKuchikiGirl chapter 30 . 9/20/2014
OMG! AWESOME! Love the HAT!
AliceInLa-La-Land1215 chapter 30 . 8/20/2014
Thank you for writing this, its been a while since ive laugh while reading and then yelled at my computer in the same chapter. I enjoyed it very much.
E. Darkbow chapter 30 . 2/8/2014
This story is definitely one of my favorites! You did a great job with Barbossa's character and I love the narration style. If you have written a sequel, I'll be reading it as soon as I find it.
superherosareawesome chapter 30 . 1/8/2014
I loved this! Your dialogue was incredible, your characters were wonderful. It was believable and oh so very incredible. All around an amazing story.
Nearing Midnight chapter 30 . 10/28/2013
I'm not usually a fan of romance, but on a whim I decided to click this story. I must say that I am truly impressed! Madeline was a perfectly-made OFC, while not becoming a Mary-sue. Her reactions to the certain events in the story were entirely believable.
And Barbossa; I haven't seen anybody else who writes him as well as you! At times I was convinced that you truly do own the character as you know him so well :0 his reaction to Madeline and their flowering romance was entirely believable as well.

I've been a lurking reader for quite some time, so please forgive me for not reviewing until now. XD

-NM