Reviews for The Music of the Stars
This is lovely.
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
This is a good story.
Qween of the Damned chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Even if you didn't mean it, this actually, in my eyes, sets a pretty good beginning for Caspian and Ramandu's daughter. I like how he's so in awe of the stars.

Lovely work!
Siberian Christmas chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
I know what you mean about too much going on behind this than you could possibly tell. And I understand that half-bewilderment Caspian felt at the end. You know, you think you've understood it for just a moment, then it's out of your grasp again. And that desire to be a part of the song, to sing too, I feel that way.

It is a good, a /deep/ little story. Well written, well executed, and thought-provoking. And the most beautiful part of all was the realization that, no matter how loud man screams, no matter how hard he tries, the throbbing of Creation's song permeates everything, the tell-tale stamp of the Divine Master behind it all. And, as Paul said, every man knows God and can't escape, no matter how hard he suppresses that knowledge.

Well done indeed. :)
magdilen chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
gorgeous- great job
purple kimono chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
Simply beautiful... Love the title too.
Elfpen chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
Actually, I read this a while back. I'm fairly shocked that I didn't review it then.

This has to be one of the more personally meaningful fics I've ever read. I've always been a sucker for star-gazing (whenever I can get away from the city lights, anyway,) and always loved the idea of the stars singing in Narnia. The fact that Dr. Cornelius gets to tell Caspian (one of my favorite characters) about 'the music of the stars' makes me smile. Hmm... Now I've got an odd plot bunny concerning a young Rilian and his father out stargazing...

Another wonderful piece!

LittleOtter chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
Ok, so I didn't review this before because 1) I was swamped with my school's equivalent of finals, and 2) I was intimidated by the awesomeness of this one-shot. Finals are gone; the other one...isn't. But I'm reviewing anyway. D

Gah. Even after mulling over it for the past month - *bonks self for leaving it that long* - I don't have anything better to say except that it's really, REALLY /good/. I couldn't ever have put it that well. So awesome job, and thanks for writing and posting it. *glompz*
QueenCleopatra chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
You are like my hero. I haven't read a Spiritual story on here yet, and none of the Narnia stories I have read are remotely connected to the Biblical/Creation story at all, except yours. I happen to Love God of Wonders. BTW, I am totally adding you to my Fave Authors list, and if you live in Canada, I recommend going to the Hillsong United Conference this August in Toronto(if you live close enough) Anyways, keep up the good work.

I just posted a story up on here called "Love, Magic and Lost Things Found" its under screenplays.

Princess Marie chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
I absolutely LOVED this! good job!
Lady Redemption chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
That was beautiful, Petraverd! I loved reading every bit of it. I can definitely imagine this as one of Cornelius and Caspian's night lessons. And I love that verse.
QueenChristyTheNoble chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
I so agree with u BabyBeaver, now I have God of Wonders stuck in my head. I love that verse, it has always made me tear up, just think how amazing our God is. I love the way u described the stars singing.

Blessings from our savior,

Swanwhite2 chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
Wow! this is amazing pet! just amazing I could picture it so well. It fits so well in the context with Miraz trying to blot out the memory of Old Narnia.

If this is what kept you from betaing my fic *hin hint* It's certainly worth it : )
Miss Pookamonga chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
Beautiful. What else is there to say? What a breathtaking way to view something so simple yet so astounding. It's funny...I've often thought of the night sky in this exact way, because it is just so vast and so beyond ourselves that there is no way I can look at it and not think about the glory of God. The stars really do look like they're praising Him, and I've noticed that if I sit very still sometimes and just listen to silence, I hear exactly what Caspian heard. In fact, this fic mirrors in a lot of ways what goes on in my head when I'm doing nothing but staring into space and thinking. And all of that "thinking" has kind of been the inspiration for an original story I will write someday. Anyway, I thought that was a nice coincidence...not that I believe in coincidences ;) Wonderful job; I love it. It's going on my faves :)

Miss Pookamonga ;-P
BabyBeaver chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
As soon as I saw who the author of this one was in my inbox, I went, "ZOMG, PETRA! Must. Read." So yeah. I was excited. For the story, and also for a spiritually-related lesson for not only Caspian but myself, presumably. (Wow, strange sentence...) And I was right. It was a great reminder.

The line "sound of silence" made me think of The Graduate (Strange movie I had to watch in school) and of Simon and Garfunkel...

Now I will have God of Wonders stuck in my head... Yay. Thanks. D