Reviews for Monsters Of Despair
pronker chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
Glad to see you're posting here! This was very good, and it takes into account that labeling one a "Jedi" takes in the Dark Jedi, too. A moment of clarity at the end of a life, interesting POV.
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
This "So many were lost. I survived. I think I survived. I was breathing afterwards, anyway. Is that survival?" is excellent.

Entertaining story. I'm not overly interested in OCs, but your mastery of wording made this entertaining and overarching. I think that your Jallor is similar to Anakin in ways-in how he thinks about a "monster", in how he remembers the sun as an important part of himself.

The twist-like end was good, briging a satisfying conclusion to a piece which I think was the perfect length for itself.

The description of the fall to the dark side was interesting because, like Anakin, Jallor thought he was doing right ('stepping forward') untill he started killing people. I wonder if the Jedi warn of the dark side too much, and that the very looming existence of it in their mindsets, the strong desire to resist it, makes them more likely to fall when they do something wrong, even if that something is forgivable, because they almost think they should.

Good, thought-provoking work.