Reviews for To Catch A Falling Star
wide-eyed girl chapter 32 . 10/17/2014
Wow. This is just. I have to say, this is the best fanfiction I've ever read. Not even kidding. I read the whole thing in a day and I really wanted to review each chapter, but that would mean I had to wait before moving on to the next!

Anyway, onto the super long 32 chapters worth of review. I admit that your first chapter was a little...not as good as your later ones, but it was still an interesting start when you edited and began with the adults. I love how every time I think I know everything about your OCs, you pull out something new. Like I'm guessing Yuki-chan is Miyuki?

Now, with OC fics I have a habit of reviewing each and every character. First of all I love your portrayal of the canon characters. And TCAFS has a tumblr? MUST CHECK THAT OUT NEXT. My favourite character is Kimiko-she seemed too one dimensional at first and she faded into the background, but OMG that was your intention! You did really well with her and I'm interested in learning more about her. I love her bubbliness and that she's actually pretty shrewd and not ditzy.

I wonder who you're going to ship her with. I know you don't ship everyone together because that's unrealistic, but it looks like the closest possibility is Kaidoh? If so, I wouldn't mind, because they'd have an interesting dynamic. They both appear to not care TOO much-Kimiko seems bubbly and cheerful and Kaidoh just seems scary-but I can see that they both have hidden sides and they both care a lot of tennis.

Also also also IZUMI. She's my girl crush like really. I actually didn't like her at first, and I still sometimes have those moments where I get annoyed at her, but her character development is just simply amazing. You made her so deep and flawed and real. And Fuji/Izumi is my annoyingly endearing frustrating OTP. Well done :)

Akane is by far the most INTERESTING character though, in my opinion. Her manipulative streak so far has only been used for good, but I think she could really hurt someone with it. Akane/Oishi...hmm, I don't know if they will work in the long term because Oishi's just so much more innocent and moral, but I like them. Their relationship is cute, but also captivating in its own way. I also adore Reina. I feel so sorry for her, and her identity crisis is a real, relatable thing that many people go through, and it's great that you incorporated that. It makes her so much better to read about. I wonder why Inui rejected her...does he not like her? Or something more?

Chiharu and Sayaka are really great characters as well. I used to actually not like Chiharu at all; she seemed too one dimensional and kind of annoying with her goody-goody thing, but after reading this, I changed my mind. You gave her so much depth that I didn't know she had. I think she's a lot more real now and you did a really good job with this chapter. I think this and her loss to Shigohara Minako was exactly what she needed to grow. I don't really ship Chiharu with Tezuka, but then again that’s just personal preference and not anything to do with your writing. I guess I just am not the type of person to like those kinds of shoujo-type ships, if you know what I mean. I prefer the Fuji/Izumi or Oshitari/Minako type relationships because they're more thrilling to read about. They're darker.

Sayaka seemed kind of bland at first because she, like Chiharu, appeared one-dimensional, but during the Hyotei arc you really changed that. I love how you gave her the thing about wanting to show off and be noticed instead of forgotten. It's really relatable and realistic and lots of people, especially people with many siblings, go through that. Sayaka and Niou is pretty interesting-I wonder where you'll go with that. As of yet, I don't really ship them, but I think they could either work really well together-or get hurt because of one another.

I have LOTS of respect for Aiko and Suzume. Seriously, they are amazing people who have developed so much. I think there's still more to develop with Aiko since I sometimes forget that she's there, but I love how far she's come from being the loner to being one of the team. Also Suzume! I'd love more Suzume and Akutsu interactions-they have a strange friendship, but it works very well. I don't actually ship either of them with anyone, but once again whatever you do, I'll LOVE!

The only thing I think you should change a bit is that you kind of focus on a few characters and the others, well, they seem neglected. Like Sakuno. I always think of the Seigaku girls as eight OCs rathe than nine people, OCs and Sakuno. I think the 'main main' characters right now seem like...Izumi and Chiharu? I don't know. I don't mind that, because I love Izumi and Chiharu. But I think if I were fans of other characters, I'd want more of them. I think Kimiko is getting more spotlighted, as well as Sayaka, which is great. Also, I know you mentioned that you want to rewrite your earlier chapters.

I agree with your decision. Your earlier chapters are really good, but I think you grew so much as a writer since then, and the difference is really evident. Some things I'd suggest you change: get rid of the fangirls. This is just a pet peeve of mine, but I don't like it when authors use fangirls as plot devices. I don't know...it's just kind of demeaning and even a bit unrealistic. Also, if you've decided to ditch a plot path, please get rid of the hints leading up to it in earlier chapters as it confuses readers. I don't think this applies to your story, I'm not sure, but I've read many stories where this does apply.

All in all, THIS WAS THE BEST STORY I'VE EVER READ. Of course, it had its problems, because no story is perfect. But it was still amazing and wonderful and every other positive adjective I can think of. Please keep writing-really, the fandom needs more people ike you. I've actually read YWISSG before this, and I'll probably leave a super long review on THAT as well. I just really adore Minako. She's the best character ever. Also, do you read/have you read OC girl team fics? Yeah, that's a random question, but I think OC girl team fics do not get enough love and yours is so awesome that I wonder if you read any other people's. If you have time you can check out: 'Kick Drum Hearts' (RikkaiOC), 'From Sky High' (HyoteiOC) and 'Falling Up' (SeigakuOC). I don't know if you've read them or not (the last two are pretty new), but they were the ones, apart from yours, that I actually could enjoy without cringing every sentence, LOL.
Shattermirror chapter 32 . 9/28/2014
Awesome! Are you planning to give Momo a big revelation about Sayaka creating more and more angst? (I'm sorry, butI feedon angst and fluff and intense-ness.) Oh, and give us more Fuji x Izumi soon, 'kay?
Shattermirror chapter 24 . 9/27/2014
Will Momo find out about the cupboard?
Cunnake chapter 32 . 9/21/2014
I'm not sure if I actually reviewed this story, but please update! I'm always looking for deep stories that are long like this, but i keep finding stories that are like 2 chapters. Please Update!
Ellie Crescent chapter 6 . 9/21/2014
I LOVE this chapter! This story actually introduced me to synesthesia. I read this chapter some years ago and I still like how you incorporated synesthesia into Chiharu's tennis style.
Aya Maria Sparkle chapter 32 . 9/8/2014
Awesome story! I love your pairings, and OCs, Izumi is my favorite so far. PLEASE, pretty please make Sayaka and Niou a pairing. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAaAAASSSEEEE. They are so cute together. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Waltzing Shadow chapter 32 . 9/4/2014
fyerigurl. I've got to be honest here, but you.. You are absolutely one of the best PoT writers I've ever encountered in FFN. And believe me, I've encountered plenty.

I absolutely adore your OCs. For a first, they're not Mary Sue of any kind, though I'm sure that a lot of people would have pointed that out by now. It's refreshing to finally see a normal bunch of OCs for once, seeing as our fandom is mostly populated by Mary Sues. But its not just that. There's major character developments in your OCs, which is something that I find most writers lack. It's intriguing how, at one second it seems like we readers know everything about your OCS, and then the next, you reveal something even deeper about them. It builds up their characters and makes them more interesting. Keep up the good work. *thumbs up*

As for my favourite OC, I'd say Sayaka (and it seems like a lot of people agree with me). Sayaka, I've found, is easy to relate to. We have so much similarities, - the way we act are similar, our attitudes are similar, and we both have the same fear of being forgotten by those around us - but at the same time it seems like she's so different from me - like she can accomplish more than I can ever do. She's like a role model to be honest, someone I can relate and admire. Although all your other OCs are equally as great, I feel as if they're more complicated. Unlike Sayaka. She's simple, but equally interesting.

Lastly, my favourite pairing. I love Tezuka x Chiharu. Their adorable, period. I often find myself leaning towards the more 'mature' pairings (like Oshitari x Shigohara), but every time I read a scene of Tezuka and Chiharu, my heart just.. melts. The same applies for the RyoSaku, too. I also ship Niou x Sayaka. I'd be completely honest, I used to prefer Eiji x Sayaka, and when the first hint of Niou x Sayaka appeared in Chapter 30, I was a bit hesitant to accept it (Niou isn't exactly my favourite guy out there. Of course, I didn't hate him either). But the more they interacted, the more I found myself loving this couple. Sayaka's somewhat naive personality contrasts so well with Niou's trickster one. Certainly the Eiji x Sayaka ship hasn't sunk yet, but the Niou x Sayaka has definitely sailed farther that them.

I think that's all I've got to say (it's a lot though, still). I'm looking forward to further development and additional chapters. TCAFS is actually one of the stories that makes me squeal in glee every time I see an update. Again, keep up the good work. D

-Shadow, signing out.-
Guest chapter 31 . 8/24/2014
Wow! I loved this chapter. Reina is one of my favorite characters. Can't wait to see Seigaku vs Rikkaidai! :)
Capriconess chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
Well, I'll be blunt, This is one of the most fascinating story I've ever readed. Took me the whole weekend to finish all the chapter since I just start reading P.O.T Fiction lately, but ... well... worth every single second. Pleaseee continue and give ALL OF US YOUR LOYAL READER an update. pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee! LOVE YOU AT MANY LEVEL, REALLY!

Furthermore, I just love the characater of "Morioka Izumi", I fell in loved with her at the very first scence (maybe because she's everything I wish to be, no kidding). Therefor, I hope you can give her more and more space in the story line, 'kay? With her "dancing style" on tennis, that would be fascinating to write, I love it if somewhere in the future, you can make her somehow reveal lots of secret move that Izumi "scare" to use and "must hidden it" all the time

I know this sound crazy but since her style is dancing, music and manything related spiritual realm, You can twist it into hypnosic. I remember Akane used to said Izumi's too focus on her movement that she nearly ignorant to her opponent. That will be the premise of this "Hypnosic" since in this state, she becomes the center of the univers. Absolute control like a puppe controler and make everyone dance with her crazy melody (Have you ever heard about "Petrouchka" a gorgeous song of a crazy toy world). She goes into a state like Chiharu "Zanshin" but ... well...maybe darker, more manipulating, and of course, more Izumi. With every movement, she will hypnosic herself as well as her opponent, at the same time make "her intention in every movement" look different with everyone. Like a kaleidoscope, never the same with different people. Changing within second, beautiful in every sway and ... bla bla bla bla. Sorry for babling BUT I'M ALREADY OBBSETED WITH IZUMI .

Ah... I just give out some of my fantasy so please don't hate me for that ..

About her "love", actually, whether Fujji or Seiichi is fine with me (oops, with HER). But I really want to make a BIG SHOW for Izumi. Enought to completly change her boys' oppiniont about her (What... Izumi not the third rank afterall)

LOVE YOU AT MANY LEVEL O
cutepuff chapter 32 . 8/22/2014
One of my favorite stories on this site. Please keep on writing. I can't wait for your next update.
znk99fg7 chapter 32 . 8/21/2014
YOU UPDATED?! YOU SEXY, VERBALLY GIFTED, HILARIOUS GODDESS! I LOVE YOU!
Seriously though, the way you insert humour into your writing this priceless - a real talent!
More Kimiko and Kaido next please :D
kk chapter 32 . 8/19/2014
CONTINUE AHHH I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH
Lilyice chapter 32 . 8/18/2014
Since you told us to read your notes at the end, I was just so curious that I scrolled down and read that first. Based on what you wrote I was expecting Tezuka to be HORRIBLE to Chiharu this chap (but I really couldn't imagine how) but honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Right now it feels like Tezuka is just not interested enough in any girls on an interpersonal level to get to know them personally. When he was telling Chiharu that she doesn't need to be those things, I don't know if it was your intention but he seemed really sincere, honest, and caring then. And I agree with him. If anything, it's Chiharu who has to realize she doesn't need to change herself to fit Tezuka better and that she doesn't need to be stuck in her 'good girl' image. I used to think she was completely self-assured in who she is too, but now I'm not so sure. She's trying so hard to hide her negative emotions (jealousy, sadness) to suit her good girl image that it must not be healthy for her...

I love Tezuka's family though. And Niou. xD Though I wish he would tell Sayaka more about himself haha the poor girl. And really good moments between the Momoshiro siblings this chap. Love them.

That premonition about Aiko though... I hope she doesn't break herself. :(

Looking forward to Izumi and Fuji's lunch date ;D Update soon!
HellfireBringer chapter 32 . 8/18/2014
FYERI I JUST SAW YOUR TCAFS TUMBLR (I've been busy) and MORIOKA IZUMI HAS THE SAME BIRTHDAY AS I DO HELP HELP oh my god thank you

Also - Chiharu is so helpless and I hate how she's so mild because it's impossible to dislike her and that's bad and good at the same time? I don't know how to explain myself.

I love love Sayaka. I like her so much. She's so perceptive as well and she's freaking brilliant and damn, I ship NiouSayaka so bad.

Kimiko! Kimiko is also one of my favs (Izumi and Sayaka are tied for the number one spot in my heart) but Kimiko? No one expects her to be this - I don't know, calm? She's so understanding and bubbly and it feels like she's always happy but we know that's not true, and that's what makes me like her so much. She's relatable. She knows she's the only one who can keep the team "happy" or in a positive mood, and that's cool.

Inui, Inui... What have you been doing at night? HAHA

Good luck with real life, fyeri dear!
Floral Mist chapter 32 . 8/17/2014
This is one of the coolest stories ever! It's clear that you put tons of thought into your plot and your characters.

Some of my thoughts on Aiko: at first I didn't really like her, but she's gone through so much character development and now I love her! Her nicknames for the other regulars made me LOL.

And Izumi is just so deep and mysterious and her relationship with Fuji is so interesting. AND THEY'RE FINALLY GOING ON A DATE YAAAASSSS

And of course there was Oishi's little moment back there with his family. "You date this girl for a month, and suddenly you're ranked number two in the grade. I already approve" lol ecksdee

I'm really glad that we're getting to know more about Kimiko. When you revealed several chapters ago that she could hack computers, it made me really wonder about her.

I'm really, really curious about this Yuki, and the fact that she hasn't made an appearance yet tells me that there's something really special about her. I can say the same about Midori - do her scary betting abilities come in handy on the tennis court as well as real life? I can't wait to find out.

Matsuyama joined Rikkai? whattt.

I have no idea what to think about NiouxSayaka. I neither support it nor am I against it. I just don't know.

Anyways, you are such a talented writer and I hope you update soon!
1,964 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »