Reviews for To Catch A Falling Star
Guest chapter 32 . 4/3/2015
Please continue
Guest chapter 21 . 4/3/2015
Hey ! I like this fic! :) Especially Sakuno. And akane is sooooo Cool! and... Suzume , she's like Erza of fairytale. i like her. suzume, i mean. I wish more Ryoma and Sakuno scenes please? *puppy eyes* And, i like how Sakuno improves here. Uhm... doesn't she have a special technique? And the other girls as well... and also... I think Izumi is not good for fuji... uhm, she's so.. full of angst? but, all in all... i like it! really! I can't help making a 'pft!' sound to restrain my laughter but couldn't hold it in the end and burst out laughing especially when ryoma and momo do stupid things in front of sakuno and suzume. yay! Congrats for making a good story of them *wink*
Guest chapter 10 . 4/2/2015
I'm not a fan of OC's... but... you did a great job here . I like your detailed matches. Though, I think this story lack of something?. uhm... I'm looking for more RyoSaku scenes but it seem that Sakuno is neglected here. So as Ryoma. I didn't finished this story though coz I lack on having interest here anymore because of the super slow Ryosaku progress. Well, I like chiharu and akane and izumi. But, don't you think that the girls seigaku team has a lot of angst? like aiko,izumi and suzume for examples... I hope they are like The boys team that no matter what differences in their attitudes... I can still see and FEEL their bond and care for each other... that's the friendship that seigaku tennis have. but the girls... they care for a particular one or two persons only, it's as if each one of them has their own world not minding the others. I hope they will be close to each other that when you read it... all you could do is smile from their wittiness.
Justapasserby chapter 32 . 3/4/2015
I support niou x Sayaka. Wooooo. To be honest actually my main focus of reading this story is to find out of Sayaka will actually have any problems. Like you know family and problems. Ya. But anyways. I still love the other characters. You're awesome.
sairalinde vardamir chapter 32 . 2/25/2015
I remember reading this story a long time ago (then life got in the way and I forgot about ). I always liked that your OCs are actually three dimensional characters and not just thrown in for romantic interests (not saying I don't like the romance, but y'know). Anyway, finding this story again (on a nostalgic whim) has really brought me back. I'm hooked all over again. I really hope you keep the story going. I'd love to see where you take it. 3
Prena chapter 1 . 2/18/2015
Can you please continue to catch a falling star. I really love it and I would like tosee it to the end. Please update if you can. Thanx!
aryaputra chapter 31 . 2/16/2015
I really like the Reina x Inui pairing.

Reading them brings the sweetest ache. A feeling I want to forget and yet, hold on to.

masses of contradictions.
ArYa
skyisthelimit chapter 1 . 2/11/2015
Hi! Here I am leaving a review on . Sorry about my almost incoherent tumblr messages. Like I said, I was on my phone - I prefer to do FF reviews on my laptop because the mobile review composition page annoys the crap out of me. It's easier to mobile-type on tumblr (with the app at least). But, like I said, again, that tends to make me ramble-y, so here's to hoping that turns out to be a more coherent review:

Okay let's make this more structured. First off, once more, hats off to you for managing to make me like and dare I say attached to a whole TEAM of OC's. Doesn't happen often, let me tell you. I really like everyone on the Seigaku team. The other team girls are a little hard to keep track of (especially with some characters flip flopping between being addressed by their first or last names), but I have grown a fondness for Shigohara (if only because her interactions with Oshitari are awesome), and Sakimoto (though I'm disappointed she joined Rikkai. Rikkai is the one "sympathetic" team I was the least, well I'm feel sympathy for them because of Yukimura's illness and all, but I think I respect them the least because by the time we got to their part of PoT, the tennis had grown pretty fantastical, not in a good way, especially for the National Finals. Like, I really like Fudomine and Rokkaku because the tennis they played was at least *plausible* - especially Fudomine - I even liked St. Rudolph and Hyotei because of that. I guess what I'm trying to say is that every other team had earned my...respect? I suppose...because the tennis seemed realistic. Their's really...didn't. I also never really grew to like Kirihara. Okay, wow I said I wasn't going to ramble. Sorry).

I'm loving every pairing, potential, romantic, friendship, or otherwise. I really like that not only did you develop your OCs' as individuals, and not only did you develop your OCs' relationships with their potential significant others, but you also developed ALL their relationships with EACH OTHER. It really is impressive. I'm amazed you can juggle so many characters so well (although I do like that that means nice long chapters :) ) - my story has like 3-5 currently and I still struggle with giving everyone proper screen time. I could rant and rave about every pairing - Ryoma and Aiko's awesome kohai-sempai relationship, Suzume and Sayaka's odd but compatible friendship, Izumi and Tezuka's suprising but natural comraderie, and of course, all the romantic pairings - but...even my finger's would get tired, haha.

I do have to say- and I'll throw the low points here in the middle so we can end on a high note again - I'm still not quite the fan of Sakuno. You've done a very admirable job trying to build up her character but...I'm sorry, I just didn't like her in the original PoT and it's hard to change my mind about her. Especially since I didn't think she deserved a regular spot. I would have rather had another OC. I mean, I know in your story she shows great potential and amazing determination and perseverance... but Momo and Kaidoh showed the same as first years too, and they had to patiently wait until they actually got good. So...yeah. I don't mind her too much now...but I still tend to skim her and Ryoma's interactions, not going to lie (I know I'm in the overwhelming minority with this - yes I'll say it, I am NOT a RyoSaku fan. Le gasp), but at least your Sakuno is more...tolerable. The only other point I don't quite like about this story is the weird timeline. So...now they're officially in high school? I know your A/N for the first chapter said that you were writing them like they were in high school, which is understandable because even in canon they do not look or act like middle schoolers, but the sudden official switch threw me off a bit. Also, the weird timeline...so it sounds like this had the boys play the Metropolitan and District tournaments, because Akutsu is no longer on the team, but since they never played Hyotei before...what, did they have to redo the Metro and District because of the girl thing? That could make sense I suppose...but if you ever do revise your first few chapters, I suggest making it a little more clear. I know this is fanfiction, but having the reader scratch their head with trying to compromise canon and the story is a little distracting. Better to stretch the premise, because that's more easily acceptable since, like you said, this is fanfiction, and at least it's laid out for you from the get-go.

Okay, back to positive stuff! Again, you have great pacing and a range of narrative techniques. The flow is easy to keep up with, and never feels like it's too slow. I'll never be able to say enough how awed I am you can write tennis (not twins, haha, sorry just noticed that tumblr typo) matches so well and vividly. I really do see everything playing out in my head, down to their dialogue! And I bow to your creativity with creating so many original, plausible tennis styles. I really do. One of the reasons I got into PoT so much in the beginning was because how realistic they at least made everything seem. You fic keeps the essence of that (unlike the end of PoT and, dare I say it, New PoT). I'm also liking that, just like PoT, you're slowly expanding their world to include the characters from other schools (I LOVE Niou and Sayaka by the way).

Okay finally, more less serious stuff - awwww so Tezuka is going to Germany. I kind of suspected, after the foreshadowing the German doctors and rehab specialists and all that, but...I hoped :( Nooo my Kunimitsu...don't go... I hope that he does come back earlier - I was disappointed in canon that he missed so many matches, and we barely got to see him play in the first place. I mean, he's supposed to be an almost untouchable tennis player, but one time we saw in play in the matches he lost because of his arm :( and then the few times we saw him play in Nationals (not that I can take Nationals very serious), he lost to Sanada, which I was very upset about. So anyway, coming back from that tangent (so is my adoration for Tezuka obvious? Probably more obvious than my adoration for Ryoma, but Ryoma-kun gets plenty of opportunities to show off) , I do hope we keep in touch with him and that he comes back soon :)

Wow, how's that for long? Anyway keep up the amazing work! I hope this review fills your TCAFS motivation bucket at least a little ;)
Tigergirlie chapter 1 . 2/11/2015
This is simply too amazing! Your OCs are all brilliant and you portray the canon characters perfectly too! Thank you so so much for this. please update soon!
ClearMortality chapter 32 . 1/28/2015
I've read this probably three times already and it's still as amazing as ever Kind of sad to see that it ended at the same cliffhanger chapter, but I'm sure you have more waiting for your readers. I really hope to be able to see the upcoming chapters, especially since you promised to have a Fuji/Izumi date as well as some Izumi/Yukimura moments. Those /always/ make me giddy, no matter what the actual event is.
Anime-Cuteness chapter 32 . 1/18/2015
Okay, I really love your characters. They are so well structured, I love the TezukaxChiharu parts and the niouxsayaka parts were good too. I don't really appreciate that particular couple its not a couple I expected... But I'll see how that one goes tho..
Aumm yea I liked the way you protrayed Tezuka's family. Absolutely funny and completely enjoyable.
Great chapter! I a wait the next great one.
PS. I think Ur incapable of writing short chapterrs lol so much words _
Reader chapter 32 . 1/15/2015
Update already. seriously it's been forever... i'm waiting you know
Anime-Cuteness chapter 31 . 1/14/2015
I am a terrible reader. Big don't review I know. Please don't persecute me its not my fault trust me! But I rally love or story, I mean if I didn't I wudnt read ur loonngg chapter looll. I know why they say think Watanabe is special he he, yea I know! Also isn't it sempai and not senpai? And senpais is actually senpai-tachi. Idk, check it. Just trying to be helpful. Really love your story tho.
a fan chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
hope you are making an extra long chapter if your making us wait this long... update soon
wide-eyed girl chapter 32 . 10/17/2014
Wow. This is just. I have to say, this is the best fanfiction I've ever read. Not even kidding. I read the whole thing in a day and I really wanted to review each chapter, but that would mean I had to wait before moving on to the next!

Anyway, onto the super long 32 chapters worth of review. I admit that your first chapter was a little...not as good as your later ones, but it was still an interesting start when you edited and began with the adults. I love how every time I think I know everything about your OCs, you pull out something new. Like I'm guessing Yuki-chan is Miyuki?

Now, with OC fics I have a habit of reviewing each and every character. First of all I love your portrayal of the canon characters. And TCAFS has a tumblr? MUST CHECK THAT OUT NEXT. My favourite character is Kimiko-she seemed too one dimensional at first and she faded into the background, but OMG that was your intention! You did really well with her and I'm interested in learning more about her. I love her bubbliness and that she's actually pretty shrewd and not ditzy.

I wonder who you're going to ship her with. I know you don't ship everyone together because that's unrealistic, but it looks like the closest possibility is Kaidoh? If so, I wouldn't mind, because they'd have an interesting dynamic. They both appear to not care TOO much-Kimiko seems bubbly and cheerful and Kaidoh just seems scary-but I can see that they both have hidden sides and they both care a lot of tennis.

Also also also IZUMI. She's my girl crush like really. I actually didn't like her at first, and I still sometimes have those moments where I get annoyed at her, but her character development is just simply amazing. You made her so deep and flawed and real. And Fuji/Izumi is my annoyingly endearing frustrating OTP. Well done :)

Akane is by far the most INTERESTING character though, in my opinion. Her manipulative streak so far has only been used for good, but I think she could really hurt someone with it. Akane/Oishi...hmm, I don't know if they will work in the long term because Oishi's just so much more innocent and moral, but I like them. Their relationship is cute, but also captivating in its own way. I also adore Reina. I feel so sorry for her, and her identity crisis is a real, relatable thing that many people go through, and it's great that you incorporated that. It makes her so much better to read about. I wonder why Inui rejected her...does he not like her? Or something more?

Chiharu and Sayaka are really great characters as well. I used to actually not like Chiharu at all; she seemed too one dimensional and kind of annoying with her goody-goody thing, but after reading this, I changed my mind. You gave her so much depth that I didn't know she had. I think she's a lot more real now and you did a really good job with this chapter. I think this and her loss to Shigohara Minako was exactly what she needed to grow. I don't really ship Chiharu with Tezuka, but then again that’s just personal preference and not anything to do with your writing. I guess I just am not the type of person to like those kinds of shoujo-type ships, if you know what I mean. I prefer the Fuji/Izumi or Oshitari/Minako type relationships because they're more thrilling to read about. They're darker.

Sayaka seemed kind of bland at first because she, like Chiharu, appeared one-dimensional, but during the Hyotei arc you really changed that. I love how you gave her the thing about wanting to show off and be noticed instead of forgotten. It's really relatable and realistic and lots of people, especially people with many siblings, go through that. Sayaka and Niou is pretty interesting-I wonder where you'll go with that. As of yet, I don't really ship them, but I think they could either work really well together-or get hurt because of one another.

I have LOTS of respect for Aiko and Suzume. Seriously, they are amazing people who have developed so much. I think there's still more to develop with Aiko since I sometimes forget that she's there, but I love how far she's come from being the loner to being one of the team. Also Suzume! I'd love more Suzume and Akutsu interactions-they have a strange friendship, but it works very well. I don't actually ship either of them with anyone, but once again whatever you do, I'll LOVE!

The only thing I think you should change a bit is that you kind of focus on a few characters and the others, well, they seem neglected. Like Sakuno. I always think of the Seigaku girls as eight OCs rathe than nine people, OCs and Sakuno. I think the 'main main' characters right now seem like...Izumi and Chiharu? I don't know. I don't mind that, because I love Izumi and Chiharu. But I think if I were fans of other characters, I'd want more of them. I think Kimiko is getting more spotlighted, as well as Sayaka, which is great. Also, I know you mentioned that you want to rewrite your earlier chapters.

I agree with your decision. Your earlier chapters are really good, but I think you grew so much as a writer since then, and the difference is really evident. Some things I'd suggest you change: get rid of the fangirls. This is just a pet peeve of mine, but I don't like it when authors use fangirls as plot devices. I don't know...it's just kind of demeaning and even a bit unrealistic. Also, if you've decided to ditch a plot path, please get rid of the hints leading up to it in earlier chapters as it confuses readers. I don't think this applies to your story, I'm not sure, but I've read many stories where this does apply.

All in all, THIS WAS THE BEST STORY I'VE EVER READ. Of course, it had its problems, because no story is perfect. But it was still amazing and wonderful and every other positive adjective I can think of. Please keep writing-really, the fandom needs more people ike you. I've actually read YWISSG before this, and I'll probably leave a super long review on THAT as well. I just really adore Minako. She's the best character ever. Also, do you read/have you read OC girl team fics? Yeah, that's a random question, but I think OC girl team fics do not get enough love and yours is so awesome that I wonder if you read any other people's. If you have time you can check out: 'Kick Drum Hearts' (RikkaiOC), 'From Sky High' (HyoteiOC) and 'Falling Up' (SeigakuOC). I don't know if you've read them or not (the last two are pretty new), but they were the ones, apart from yours, that I actually could enjoy without cringing every sentence, LOL.
2,008 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »