Reviews for Almost
Azafran chapter 1 . 8/26
Beautiful, and sad. I think this explains very well Jo's inner thoughts and show us perfectly the reason of her actions, that got us all so broken hearted. I just hope that Laurie knows, for I think he has always been the most hurted of all, forever thinking that his live was not returned.
Joannecookie chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Jo's thoughts travel to that fateful day—the day Laurie proposed. She hesitated before answering him, and she now knows why. Because, in that spilt second that occurred between his declaration and her answer, she had thought about saying yes. She had wanted to say yes. She almost had said yes.

That's my favourite part of the story... I like how you make jo's regret about rejecting Laurie reasonable... Nice fanfic :)
Nasuada9 chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
This is a really cute story. Little Women is one of my favourite books of all time and I never really like the Amy/Laurie pairing that much. I always like Jo and Laurie even though they weren't really together they were so natural and real.
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
Heart-breaking and lovely!
remuslives23 chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
That was beautiful. I've never ventured far from the Harry Potter section but Little Women is my favourite book and I couldn't resist peeking. I could have screamed when Jo refused Laurie. I always thought she'd been on the verge and could have gone either way. This is a beautifully written piece that made me want to strangle Jo a little less. :-) Simply lovely.
thegal116 chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Wonderful writing. Did you know that Louisa May Alcott actually got letters saying she should have put Jo and Laurie together? I love this, it's so true.
ficcychick chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
That was lovely. You really captured the angst beautifully, and the characterization of Jo was very well done. Congrats!
Emmy chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
That was beautifully done and well written.
Black Magik Woman chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
Very good... you really capture Jo's maturity here. Keep writing!
rese chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
beautiful insights love.
literaryfreak chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
Ah, lovely. Love the train of Jo's thoughts through time. And the end line is clever, nicely ties everything together. Beautiful:) You're a good writer!