Reviews for Becalmed, and other stories
Ghanaperu chapter 4 . 3/26/2012
Is this the end? You really should continue it. You are an awesome author. I love the comparisons you make, like the metaphors and other things. Anyway, don't just leave the story dangling like that. Please.
Shanima chapter 4 . 9/30/2008
I LOVE this chapter! I'm soo thrilled you updated - I really liked this story.

Djaq's character is shown so precisely here, with her very practical, rational mind. I agree she did try hard to shut out the fact that she was a woman among five men for a long while and you illustrated that so well. I can see her seeing love as a weakness because she's afraid of getting hurt, even from Will. Even Djaq has insecurities.

Though I do think she's being very unfair to Will here, as much as she's trying not to be. The fact that he comforts her with his hand when she's drifting off to sleep shows that she needs him more than she wants to admit. Or maybe I'm just too much of a romantic?

I love the part with her remembering Will as the "callow youth, gullible enough to believe in Turk flu and foolish enough to play right into her hands" I think it was quite a while before she thought of him as more than that.

I'm really interested to see whether she goes through with her idea of giving up love and how it would happen.

-x-
VanillaBean75 chapter 4 . 9/29/2008
YAY!

OK, trying not to panic; I know you like to keep in canon and we know how this ends (so far). I just hope that Djaq realizes sooner than later that she's stronger, not weaker, with Will by her side. Surely, surely she will, before she causes them both needless pain. The direction you went isn't what I expected, but it makes sense that Djaq would try to nip the problem in the bud and think that her relationship with Will might be the cause. I do think our emotions are more on the surface when we're in love, but I hope Djaq realizes that that's not neccessarily a weakness.

Anyway, so excited to see the alert for this! Can't wait for more!
hoodie622 chapter 4 . 9/29/2008
Absolutely stunning. I've never seen Djaq written so well. You present her here as she should be - reasoned, careful, and yet part of her yearning to be free from that reasoned carefulness. Wonderful

"at worst like Robin and Gisbourne, unlikely conjoined twins sharing not a common spine or stomach but a burning core of passion, jealousy and reckless desperation exactly as wide and as high as Marian Kate Fitzwalter." - HILARIOUS! (Yet part of that hilarity comes from its truth...)

So glad that you continued with this.
bkwrm chapter 3 . 9/12/2008
I really hope you continue this story. I want to see what happens next.
hoodie622 chapter 3 . 8/11/2008
This is a lovely gang fic! This third chapter, as Djaq remembers her transport as a slave is very powerful.

I notice that you seem to have moved on from this project, but that is a shame because it is really very good. I do hope that you will consider writing more.
VanillaBean75 chapter 3 . 5/24/2008
This is such a brilliant story. I love what I call "between the scenes" stories and this is as about as perfectly executed as I could ever hope. Will and Djaq are easily my favorite thing in rh, and I love how you portray their first few days as a couple. Love, love, love, and can't wait for more!
eleroo02 chapter 3 . 5/18/2008
You capture the scene and the characters so beautifully and realistically. You've made Djaq very three-dimensional and you breathe just the right amount of emotion into the story. I can't stop gushing...so I'll stop now. Looking forward to the rest!
eleroo02 chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
Simply...wow. You did an excellent job capturing the emotional upheaval everyone is feeling, especially Allan. Again...wow.
bostonchickadee chapter 3 . 5/17/2008
You know I love this!

The description of Djaq's nightmarish memories was so vivid and I winced at the uses she had in mind for her vial of acid.

The conversation with Allan - so brilliant! I did feel rather sorry for Allan as he tried to probe a little deeper into the relationship between Will and Djaq. And John being protective of Djaq despite his sickness was sweet.

I also love the understated Will/Djaq - so much more in character than all that twittering about birds and flight in the finale.

Looking forward to what you have planned in part II. Feel free to PM me if you want to toss ideas around. In any case, I'm sure whatever you come up with will be stunning.
Beauty11 chapter 3 . 5/16/2008
I truly love and adore the wy you write,. please keep going, and please write about what happens above deck, because it doesn't seem as real if i am just imagining it.
whatsthefracas chapter 3 . 5/15/2008
wow. you find a way to highlight such interesting and important facets of djaq, will, allan, and john's personalities in this one. and you give us such rich details. love it!
soulprovider chapter 3 . 5/15/2008
Oh ooh stick tot he plan. I want to know what YOU think should happen. I have a very poor imagination. I loved the thoughts/dreams of Djaq they were superb!
ChiaroDiLuna chapter 3 . 5/15/2008
Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. You write very well and you've got a great imagination. Please update soon, because this story has really got me hooked.
Shanima chapter 3 . 5/15/2008
I actually adore your writing, but I'm sure I've told you that at least three times now. I particularly enjoyed the scene which was from John's pov on what he could hear.

I really would like to see a part two of this as I love Will and Djaq scenes and I know you would write it well.

-x-