Reviews for That Kiss
SweetKnees chapter 1 . 12/15/2015
This is such a good story. You imagined everything perfectly. Please return to WW fan fiction and write more Jed/Abbey stories!

Some things I particularly liked: Hampsterdam, the parallel between Jed's shower and the tropical storm, the maple syrup moment that makes Abbey and Jed laugh.
alix33 chapter 11 . 12/18/2012
Oh wow! I get goose bumps each time that whatever-it-was-of-Mrs-Landingham comes up, whether in a retelling in fics or whether when I watch my West Wing DVDs again.
alix33 chapter 10 . 12/18/2012
"And then there had been press conference," - "And then there had been the press conference,".
alix33 chapter 9 . 12/18/2012
"The crowd went wild as they witnessed this real kiss between their President and his wife. Eventually Jed pulled away fractionally, "Let me go," he muttered, "or I'm gonna have to rip your clothes off right here and now." Abbey, still with her hands to his face, looked straight into his blue eyes, with the look that always turned him on. "Later, boyfriend, later." His heart leapt but he simply nodded. "Okay – but we have to talk first." "Or afterwards?" He grinned. "Don't do this to me – I have a speech to make!" - Yay!
"They walked out to the dais again – and the crowd roared their delight as they smiled and waved. "Give her another kiss!" shouted someone in the crowd. Jed grinned and looked at Abbey. "You want another kiss?" "I want more than that, jackass!" "Yeah, but not here!" He leant forward and met her lips gently – wishing that he could simply draw her into his arms and deepen the kiss until the moment when he would feel her melt into his arms – but they were on a public stage right now and this would have to suffice. It would make all the press across America anyway – and he hoped that the photos would just show his upper half and not the lower, where he knew that his pants were already getting tight." - Hehehe.
"And eventually, after their farewells, they were able to escape into the limo that would take them back to the farm – to a blissful privacy. Jed caught hold of Abbey's hand. "So – have you made up your mind yet – about voting for me?" he said, glancing round at her under his eyelashes. Abbey returned his look. "Well – it was quite a good speech – so–" Then she laughed. "Oh, to hell with the vote. Just kiss me, Jed." - AW!
alix33 chapter 5 . 12/18/2012
"Abbey stepped back from the microphone – and had to draw in a deep breath to recover from the emotion that suddenly welled up inside her. Then she realised that the technicians, and also CJ and Sam at the side of the stage, were all applauding. "It was okay?" she asked uncertainly. CJ came towards her. "Abbey, it's superb." Sam too came forward, clapping too. "You aiming for my job, ma'am?" he said with a grin. "When did you write all that?" "Today – this afternoon. Liz helped me – but it took hours. You could probably have done it in ten minutes!" "Could I suggest just a couple of amendments?" Abbey grinned. "The Sam Seaborn touch? Go ahead." "'Representing – that needs to be stronger, he wasn't just representing – he cared, put the needs and concerns of New Hampshire people first and foremost." Abbey nodded. "Good point." She scribbled the words quickly at the top of her script. "I'll bring that in, Sam. What else?" "I liked the bit about the maple syrup but you could also add something about him loving the weather in New Hampshire compared with Washington – he's always telling us that it's simply crisp in DC when it's freezing cold!" Abbey laughed and made another note. "Okay. Anything else?" It was CJ who answered. "Maybe you ought to say specifically that it was the Declaration of Independence that the first Josiah signed? People might not realise–" Abbey interrupted. "CJ, this is New Hampshire – people here know that the first Josiah Bartlett was one of the New Hampshire delegates!" "Yes, but if your speech goes into the New York, DC, Chicago, LA press–?" "Yeah, right – okay then. Is that it?" "That's it It's a great speech, ma'am." - AW!
alix33 chapter 3 . 12/18/2012
"It was one word, CJ." "Yeah, one word that made the whole world believe that he was using the Haiti thing to deflect attention from the MS – that he was relieved – relieved, God help me – about sending troops into danger because it took his mind off the fact that he'd lied to the electorate." "He didn't lie, CJ." CJ looked at her for a long moment. "Abbey, he didn't tell the truth – not even to us." "And you're all pissed at him." It was a statement, not a question, and Abbey drew in her breath. "It's been tangible in the West Wing, CJ – you're all pissed at him." CJ nodded slowly. "Toby's angry, Sam's confused, Josh is frustrated–" "And you?" "I – well, all I can think is if he'd just told us earlier, we wouldn't be facing this now. We knew how we wanted to run the next campaign – but now it's all messed up." Abbey nodded. "Yeah." It was all she could say because inside her, her heart was aching. 'Oh God, Jed,' she thought, 'you've just got to get these people back–' Her face creased at the thought of what he – no, of what they – had done to these people who would walk through fire for him – who had trusted him ..." - I found it moving, how Abbey understands Jed's senior staff's loyalty to him.
"Yeah – yeah–" Abbey waved her arm vaguely. "Lots of rooms here. Course, we'd have to have an extension built for an Oval Office someplace. Wonder if the carpet store in Manchester could do the Presidential Seal?" CJ started giggling. "You could always cut the one out of the Oval and bring it up here." - Hehehe.
"her mind tried to work through what CJ had said. Toby's angry, Sam's confused – or was it Josh who was confused? Oh well, it didn't matter – they were all pissed at him. Even CJ. 'If he'd just told us earlier, we wouldn't be facing this now...it's all messed up.' Did Jed know how they were all feeling, she wondered. He needed to know – just as he needed to know how she felt too. 'I'll talk to him when he gets back,' she thought," - I hope Abbey does that.
zuka4one chapter 12 . 11/23/2012
I loved it. It was awesome!
many-themiles chapter 12 . 6/23/2008
Wow! I cannot believe you've only gotten three reviews for this story - it's so brilliant!

My favourite parts of this story (which is very good, I must say!) are the parts with the interaction between Abbey and CJ, as well as the interaction between Abbey and Jed - especially the speech and after it ;).

I...well, I just totally adored that story - I'm so glad I read it! You got both Abbey and Jed's character perfectly, as well as CJ's. I think you got them both pitch perfect!

I just basically love this story! - Well done!
OhBones chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
this is a cool story... update soon!
laslady chapter 2 . 5/5/2008
i'm so glad cj's a part of this story - she's my fave. (don't worry, abbey's my second fave).
laslady chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
so glad to see you've started another story! can't wait to read more - the title looks VERY interesting!