Reviews for Saint Mond
Edhla chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
Brilliantly written, especially your dialogue. Thank you for writing x
Ersatz Einstein chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
This was wonderful! It was well-written, thought-provoking (if a little repetitive), and true to the source material. It was a pleasure to read. (I would note that you overused hyphens and incorrectly used a colon at one point, but that should be easy to fix.)
Renata MM chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Your story was very good. I liked to see a little of Helmoholtz's life and the way you showed Mustafa Mond.

It's a good surprise to see a BNW fanfiction.
Brother Phil chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
Rather nice work - not entirely sure that the world controller would actually shirk responsibility by allowing himself to ponder deep issues like that, but if anyone would, it would be him.

This definitely has the feel of BNW - very enjoyable.
kdland chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
Hey i really liked your story. I read brave new world at the holidays and was extremely surprised when i saw that there actually was fanfiction based on Aldous Huxley's books. It was very well written and i enjoyed the fact that you actually wrote in huxley's style using words that are quite tipicaly used in the book. So, thanks for this introspective in Mond's thoughts. You described his character very well, or at least as i would like to see him. :) Only thing that got me wondering is that i would have thought, that even though the islands are excluded from society some kind of information from the world state would arrive there. But otherwise cool story
twitchy witch chapter 1 . 1/28/2011
WOW, there's BNW fanfic here, and it's this good? Excellent job! I really enjoyed that. I always kinda liked Mond, actually, and I think you did him and Helmhotz justice here. :)
Texty Monster Halcyon chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
This is an excellent read, C-Rowles. I'd always been annoyed at how people tend to paint Mustapha as the villain when he is so involved in maintaining the happiness and solidarity of the World State. There's a lot of self-sacrifice there. I also enjoy the resolution you gave to Helmholtz here, as well.

It's written in an impressive tone of voice, the grammar is excellent, and it's quite introspective. Overall, it's an enjoying read. The only thing I would recommend is a quick glance over to catch a few spontaneous capitalization and punctuation issues. Otherwise, you're good.

-Texty Monster

-Critics United
valerie chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
hello C-Rowles, i am a highschool student who just happened to be passing by; when i stumbled upon your story. i am seventeen and live i live on the islandstate of singapore, which is too small to be found on most maps. i have read brave new world, and loved it tremendously. your story certainly does it justice.

i love your story, and how you have given mond some interesting sides to his character, and hemholtz a satisfactory ending, which the book unfortunately left hanging.. (it was just one thing that i disliked about such novels, but it seems to be all the rage anyway) i especially liked how hemholtz came to terms with him being 'different' and decided to embrace it afterall, and found himself a place in a new society which could accept him. you have written that part about solitude and loneliness on the island beautifully, and i really agree with it! hahahah. perhaps it comes from me living on a small island myself. its just a pity bernard never found that kind of peace..

anyway, since this is apparently a dusty little corner of , i have taken the courage to break my habit of not-reviewing and write this review you asked for(:

i hope you got an A for that assignment.
cat chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
meow
jaguar003 chapter 1 . 7/4/2009
Having read Brave New World and Brave New World Revisited quite a few times, I can say that I enjoyed this very thoroughly.

I think it's a very interesting take on what might actually happen after the book ended with John the Savage's suicide, what with Helmholtz Watson's account of his life on the Falklands with Bernard Marx.

Who knew the Controller Mustapha Mond actually was 'rebellious' himself! Maybe only he is allowed to read such 'blasphemous' books.

I wonder if he takes soma...
circadian rhythm chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Excellent. Thought you really captured Mond with this. Hope you got a good mark for it!
charlemagnebrat1 chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
Fantastic. Wistful and clear. I thought I'd pop in to this corner and I'm glad I did.
fledge chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
You are absolutely right - St. Mond is indeed an apt term. So many stupid people - and one extremely stupid movie version - just see him as a power-hungry monster, which he most cetainly is not, even if keeping John in England is a cruel thing to do, most likely caused by some kind of scientific curiosity. After all, science does tend to be cruel when it forgets that it is dealing with people and not things. I do wonder, though, there are TEN world controllers - so what about the others? Do you think they feel like he does? And will they share their ideas?
Sentrosi chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
I think you did a good job with this... It's a complete coincidence, but the day before I read this, I had actually read one of Vonnegut's works: Harrison Bergeron.
JR chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
This is good. In the top three fanfic's I've read. I'm studying BNW at the moment, and I think you've done a great job capturing Mond. Only bit that grates is the "oh, yes, "Marx"" bit. Too cliched and he wouldn't forget that easily. Otherwise, great job.