Reviews for End of the Bargain
RainFlame chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
;_; This is . . . oh my gosh, so good and so sad. I don't even . . .

Off to read the second half!
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
well, that makes more sense to me than taking away his ability to transmute. good story.
mabidiso chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Beautiful, sweet and sad.
fnza chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
man i got xm tomorow but i could not stop read ur 3-pieces-story

absolutely luv it
WamprickNyx chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Oh my. How bittersweet. And how, really, how wonderful. It's a really great one-shot, I felt as if it was actually happening in front of my eyes. The characterization and the interaction between characters were also very good. I can't believe you were actually worried about keeping Hohenheim IC. If that's how you write a character when you're unsure about how to write them, then I don't really have anything to say and I guess at this point, I ought to commit suicide for being so jealous of your talent. Honestly, great job. I'll read the sequels to this and review them either. This definitely goes on my faves, despite Ed being sick.

love,

nyxiee
Scenro chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
That ... was... wonderful! very good an reflective and i have to agree it was better this one then the one with Mustang. But still!
Polly chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
uh ? I cried T_T

That was so good, it didn't felt long or anything, the mood was just perfect. The regret, the joy and the sadness of the characters just felt right. Hoenheim is hard to seize but I think you did it great. I would like to see more often stories like yours in :)

I think I'm going to read the rest of your stories... right now

I just love bitter-sweet ends :)
Kim CC chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
Oh so sweetly painful.

This one of all your stories brought tears to my eyes.

That Ed gives his life for his brother - but in a way that he can make sure that Al would hopefully still be okay.

Lovely.
Tressa chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
The summary grabbed my attention. The story held it. This was an incredibly well written and wonderful story. I love the balance of the characters, especially the interactions between Al and Hohenheim and Ed and Hohenheim. It touched on the raw emotions of family and loss and everything else that FMA brings to the surface. It's a sad ending but very believable in the context of Ed's character. We all know he loves his little brother. Very well written, dialogue straight on, the characterization awesome. Thanks for sharing this gem.
Took-Baggins chapter 1 . 5/5/2008
this is wonderful! i really like the Al/Hohenheim interactions, they're very nice. but even more than that i love the Ed/Al bits. Ed is shown as such a loving brother sometimes, it's really sweet. sad too, though.

ah man, i think i'm going to have to read this one again. _
Michi P chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
That was so sad. I really can see this as having a sequel! Great writing, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this!

~Michi P.
Jojoushi chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
That was a rather bittersweet piece of fan-fiction; I really enjoyed reading it. I think this is the first fan-fiction that I read that focuses on the relationship between Alphonse, Hoenheim and Edward in the manga. (The majority of Hoenheim fan-fictions generally center on his relationship with Edward during their time in Munich.) I thought that you did a great job portraying Hoenheim's character, especially the concern that he has for both of his sons. I really wasn't anticipating the rather tragic "twist" with Truth taking Edward's life bit by bit. Nice job overall. For some odd reason, I can see this piece becoming more than a one-shot.
Sera and Tails chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
It's HERE! Hooray! *breaks out the kazoos*

"Al’s smile faded, and he looked down at the covers over to his left, near his bedside table, where a tawny head was nestled in the crook between two limp arms, one made of automail." Can't tell you how much I love that image, that moment.

Al's sweetness just breaks my heart in this fic. He's such a special kid...like friggin' Tiny Tim (LOL) You can't help but love him.

"Gold glared into gold." Heh, -awesome-

Ed's sacrifice and the Gate's terms are a perfect fit I -papa was also perfectly characterized. The fic was not at all what I expected - it was so much more. I'm definitely not disappointed and very much grateful that you stuck with the prompt. Knew you could do it!

Much thanks!

Tails
Legendary Chimera chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
This is definitely my favorite by far. Small wonder why you manage to get 300 reviews. I had to laugh, cuz it seems like we're on the same brain wave. I'm also toying with the possiblity of Ed not doing alchemy, but for totally different reasons. An Ed without it is hard to imagine.
Syolen chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
Loved it ! It's so bittersweet...

I think you captured Hohenheim's character pretty well :)