Reviews for Quirk of Fate, Part 4: The Master Planner's Menace
Defender chapter 2 . 1/19/2012
How in the hell would she get away with selling the Arms of Doc OC.
Song With No Soul chapter 7 . 6/20/2008
Master Planner- I haven't forgotten about you! Something screwy happened to my e-mail account, and I lost your e-mail address. E-mail me again so I can get your address and review your new chapters. Sorry for the wait.

I hope to hear from you soon!

- Song
Radio Driver chapter 7 . 6/7/2008
Nice work, Planner. Keep on keepin on.
Song With No Soul chapter 7 . 6/4/2008
You're fast! I don't have DA, so expect an e-mail review sometime soon. Be aware that I'm not on the computer for pleasure much, so it may be a few days.

If This Be My Destiny... hmm... famous Spidey issue title, for sure... Google, ahoy!

Aha, part of the canon Master Planner story arc, so I guessed.

Enough with the "Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies" line, MJ. It has aged very rapidly.

Sure it is, J.

I like the sharp contrast between MJ's waxing lyrical speech about responsibility and the phrase "fuck with my head". I do that a lot myself.

I think she presented a pretty good argument to poor Ned. Looks like he wants to take the chance, though. Nice knowing you, Ned. Say hi to Peter for me.

"Well, you ask a stupid question..."

At least Flash didn't use his response as a way to diss her like he would've Peter.

Nice to see it ended on a positive note.

I think this end was good, if not phenominal. It's not nearly so decisive as the end of "The Shadow Spider", which is good, because it lets the reader know that life is going on for her and leaves room for sequel. It's also nice that it can end on a happy note, as I already said, and you did a good job of illustrating how her life is finally back on track... for now.
Song With No Soul chapter 6 . 5/30/2008
Woah, long chapter. *Sits back* This should be good.

Purple? You'd think the Master Planner would have more taste.

Carolyn Trainer! I should've figured that out sooner. Actually, I think that she was who I thought Angelina was. I was definitely thinking of the "resurrection" story arc. Hmm... Speaking of which...

"A fat old man with moobs" pretty much sums it up (I'm willing to admit it...)

Cloning is close to resurrection.

I like how she's paraphrasing his "Societal norms mean nothing therefore I am a god because I said so" sentiments. It's like she's so crazy for him that she can't even think her own thoughts- she's just regurgitating HIS.

Waiting... waiting... waiting...

Come on, MJ...

Overall: Once again, you've risen to the occasion and proved that you write absolutely excellent action sequences. I barreled through this one as fast as I could. My heartrate went up. Very, very nice. Carolyn is out of the picture, I presume? Since all of your villains in QOF seem to die at the end of their stories, I think this is a fair assumption.
Excel chapter 6 . 5/27/2008
Radio Driver chapter 5 . 5/24/2008
Good goin, Planner. Keep on keepin on.
Song With No Soul chapter 5 . 5/23/2008
I thought she had a maniacal plan to resurrect him or something. But I suppose that's ruled out now.

She used the guy's head as a baseball? Wouldn't that, like, KILL him? I thought we were over this with the symbiote.

Wo, MJ. Anger issues! Jameson's gonna have a field day!

She. I'm not surprised- did you mention that before, or am I just clairvoyant?

Ha, Madame Butterfly.

More nonentity business.

The action is building, building, building...

Hmm, maybe I was going somewhere with that resurrection thing.

Overall: VERY well done, M.P. (GASP! Is the mysterious person in the story YOU?). This chapter was quite well written. The action is very tautly written, and the suspense was increased by the length of the story and the sudden cuts between scenes, which all converged very nicely together at the end. I can see the events are reaching their climax right now, and you did a good job building up to it. I am, once again, eagerly awaiting your next installment.
Song With No Soul chapter 4 . 5/18/2008
Not much of an Avengers fan, I'm afraid... although I *did* look him up like a day *before* that for totally unrelated reasons. I just never paid attention to the name. Fail.

Dreams seem to be a theme here, don't they?

Hah, for those who haven't yet caught on, the connection should be pretty plain to see now.

She's ONE OF US! Sounds like she's got one of the worst cases of Ottophilia to be ever armchair-diagnosed.

This Benjamin Reilly sure is bad news... clone saga-Master Planner saga crossover?

Okay, so Angelina *isn't* the Master Planner. It was a good guess?

Yes, this Master Planner is, without a doubt, BAD NEWS. I really want to see how this unravels.

Overall: Pretty good. It started a bit slow, but it picked up with all of the clones (?) killing people. I don't approve of such actions, but they sure move the story along. I'm excited now. I want to know what happens next! Good job!
Excel chapter 3 . 5/15/2008
Excel chapter 4 . 5/15/2008
dococtavius04 chapter 4 . 5/14/2008
Is that part of Spider-man Unlimited #3 I see in there?

O.o You killed Angelina. O.K then.

At first i thought it was MJ, but I was like, "Wait...I forgot.. there's more than one Spider-Woman."

Keep it up. I'm really enjoying this. :D
Radio Driver chapter 4 . 5/13/2008
It's been a while. Took me some time to remember this. Keep on keepin on.
Song With No Soul chapter 3 . 5/11/2008
I *did* actually make reference to Angelina, but the Stanley Lieber Memorial Wing totally went past me. Didn't even notice. I get it, though. (I need to say this, because I know how much it sucks to make a witty joke and then have everybody not get it.)

:( But memorial? He isn't dead yet! (I hope.)

Might wanna check the grammar on the first sentence there. Something seems off. A missing comma or a phrase that needs rearranging.

I can't believe you just said that, MJ. Friends in the superhero business. And Dr. Blake isn't even phased... like Curt Connors in Spidey 3. "Oh, look, symbiote... Nothing at all strange about a 21-year-old living in a cramped apartment having one of these."

And how is *he* "no stranger" to the biz? *Sneaks off to Google*... Oh... Nice reference.

Sadly, having an unhealthy sense of entitlement *is* an important requirement in superheros, particularity Spider-People... or the body count starts to rise.

Woah, speaking of Spider-People... *this* is getting interesting now.

The "nightmare" talk again. She must be really, really desperate.

Oh, Ned. Nice to know ya, buddy.

She should just go straight to calling them dumbasses. Saying words bigger than two or three syllables to a guy who's robbing his aunt's store and is concerned about the *food* is a waste of breath.
Song With No Soul chapter 2 . 5/9/2008
Excuse me, barely older than barely old enough to drive.

Ohboy.

Wow, Liz, you sure are perky! To the point of completely brushing off being told that her potential roommate's close aunt is dying of cancer! Well, as I said, barely older than barely old enough to drive.

Now I sort of want MJ to hook up with Ned. He seems nice, and she could probably use a new, better relationship after the last one. But then I know what would probably happen to Ned... no, I'll take that back.

I can't believe that MJ is so desperate that she'd actually sell the actuators to some stranger! I mean really! It'd be a lot less stupid to just wear them and go rob a bank for the money! And wouldn't people get suspicious that she just randomly has Doc Ock's tentacles in her closet? Most people know two and two make four...

Take a good look, MJ... that's the Master Planner you're looking at.