Reviews for The Omega Chronicles: Rise of the Red Rebellion
Transcendent Being Fan chapter 7 . 12/25/2012
Celtis(the noob,hehehehe) and Vile got their moment to shine, good!
Transcendent Being Fan chapter 6 . 12/25/2012
the meeting between Omega and Vile was awesome!
Golden-Owl chapter 39 . 12/25/2012
Merry Christmas. Sorry for not reviewing lately. I've been going through one of those identity crises and I still haven't quite phased out of it yet.

Black Rock Shooter. I'm afraid to say I don't really know a whole lot about Black Rock Shooter myself. What I do know is that, as a character, you'll be able to treat her the same way you treated Omega in this story purely because she has no defined personality in her own home series. Similar to how Omega has never said anything in canon beyond "I am the Messiah!", BRS (Abbreviated because that name is long and unwieldy to type) has little to define her personality, so you can pretty much write whatever the heck you want and as long as she can wreck stuff, it wouldn't seem out of character.

What BRS means for the rest of the story's setting is a whole other story. Judging from Ace's... reaction, BRS's anime/manga exists in this story and there's probably a few copies lying around Ace or Marino's office somewhere. This is somewhat problematic, as it'd raise the question of how the story of a hero from another time/dimension/universe would be present in this one in the form of a manga. Course, Ace is less likely to care and would be too excited to do anything else.

While having an overpowered crossover hero might be a rather controversial addition to your story (still trying to figure out what to think about her), the concept of Dead Ends is a pretty great one. They seem to pretty much be the natural extension of the powers of cyberspace which have been pre-established in the story by Omega.

Vent and Ace have managed to weaponize their insanity. I'm not sure if I should be worried or impressed at that. While having them compared to X and Zero works out pretty well in many aspects, I really doubt either of them were capable of the sheer ridiculousness those two pulled.

I did a little checking up and managed to find out Marino, Redips and Cinnamon's game of origin. Command Mission was something I would've overlooked easily, being on the PS2 (Didn't own that) and having a RPG-nature in a platformer series. I reckon I could take a guess and Redip's cryptic message after taking a look at the game's storyline.

Marino had mentioned meeting Spider before somewhere "at a facility researching copy abilities", implying that she had known the guy before. However, later in the game it was revealed that the Spider travelling with them was actually Redips in disguise. This raises a question as to whether Spider even existed in the first place or if he was killed at some point by Redips and had his Copy Data used to mimic his form and abilities (Model A style). Assuming you go with the second theory, this would make Redip's taunt and Marino's reaction make sense, as Redip's might have been masquerading as an old friend of hers whom he killed.

Thomas's appearance is a very welcome one. I'd started to wonder if the Sages were even doing anything as their job. I am wondering what happened to Mikhail though, and whether or not the events that occured in the secret ending have elapsed yet in this story. Presenting politics and how he overrules Ace also works well in defining Thomas's role and character better.

Dragon Joker eh? The rival of Ace Phoenix? Heh, I've gotta admit, I didn't expect to find a Megaman Starforce reference here of all places.

I imagine more exposition is due for after the ensuing battle between Omega and BRS, namely as to why and how BRS manifested here and why she hasn't left yet now that she finished her job. Said exposition is likely delivered by Ace. After he picks his jaw off the floor from getting to see one of his anime heroes in person that is.

What I don't understand is why Omega is off trying to pick a fight with BRS anyway. He doesn't have any grudge against her (unlike his fight with Fefnir), not to mention he's still busy repairing himself, so I don't quite see why he'd want to fight someone for no reason when he's not even at full power.

Anyways, great work as always and looking forward to the next installment. You've already hinted many times about Ace's secret both in this chapter and the last one, so that plot twist should be due soon.

Real shame the the guys here are too busy to celebrate Christmas. I was looking forward to somebody unwrapping an anti-tank rifle in a box.
Shikyo no Kyoufu chapter 39 . 12/25/2012
So Dragon Joker is pretty much Omega Chronicles' Anaheim corp from gundam.
HoKaze chapter 39 . 12/25/2012
Well...certainly a lot of interesting bits of info and hints flying around here. Gotta say that between character...disagreements, missing people, the threat of the Dead Ends and this sudden appearance of the Black Rock Shooter...it may have been a breather chapter, but damn if there isn't a lot of tension all over the place.

I eagerly look forward to the next update and must thank you for this Christmas present :D
AngelicTrinity chapter 39 . 12/25/2012
Oh noes! My Celtis has gone missing. And I have a feeling that it has to do with Black Rock Shooter (though its kind of obvious at this point) showing up. The battle between her and the God of Destruction is going to be interesting, for sure.

Muu... I cannot wait until the next chapter comes out. I want to see what happened Celtis! Celtis is my favorite character (as I've pretty much stated time and time again).

Also, did Ace have a fanboy moment when he saw Black Rock Shooter? Cause I have a feeling that he did, being the Ascended Fanboy that he is. Ah well, that's the Ace we all know and love, heh heh heh heh...

I hope to see Celtis again soon! Also, is the reason that Omega is going on a rampage because he actually cares about our favorite green-haired heroine or is it because he wants to murder her for allowing Ashe to do what she did. I sincerely hope its the former, please let it be the former.

...

Though I won't be surprised if it was the latter.
CrystalRei chapter 38 . 12/12/2012
For a world that runs entirely on Rule of Cool, this story works amazingly well.

I also can't remember the last chapter I went through without cracking up because of your delivery.

Your characterization of all these guys is very well done, Omega in particular got me this time (I also have actually forgotten at points that Vix, Kitara, Ace, etc. are all OCs; I'm fairly sure that's a good thing ) ). Seriously, bravo on that front.

Like many stories: some parts I like, some parts I don't, but I can accept your choices, and I imagine you had a reason for them (or, at least, most of them). But overall, this is very well-written.

Also; read the Great Redips section again, and *gasp* my conspiracy theories are true?!
TheGirlWithFarTooManyIdeas chapter 38 . 12/1/2012
... ... Holy shit. (faints)

Rainbow Dash: Wuss.

Me: bite me, jerk.

Anyway-holy crap, that was another awesome (if long-winded) arc. Sorry I didn't review the last few chapters, I've been busy cursing out highschool because it gives me writer's block.

Thank you for updating! Makes life much easier.

If I had one complaint, it would be that Celtis seems to be suffering from the Worf Effect this arc. Love what you did with Ashe though.

Yay! BlackRockShooter! I knew I wasn't the only one who knew she was awesome.

Rainbow Dash: Aren't I awesome too?

Me: I'm getting to you. Be patient!

Rainbow Dash: (glares) Omimon ZX is a great touch. I remember that from the Digimon movie! Great chapter!

Me: please update soon! Keep up the awesome!
Max chapter 7 . 11/6/2012
This story is awesome! You are such a great writer
The shades are from Protoman right?
Guest chapter 38 . 11/5/2012
One does not challenge Ace to a duel of imagination indeed! And Redips' appearance is the only thing that truly caught me off guard like I told on da. Well, that and the effect of BRS' Noble Phantasm.
Manakete King chapter 38 . 11/4/2012
The only thing I can think of to say to this, is that my mind has melted from the sheer intensity and concentration of pure awesomeness. I'll... I'll be waiting for the next chapter... later.
SilverBladeXx chapter 38 . 11/4/2012
Shift...just...god DAMN. This is the BEST thing I've read in a long, long, LONG time. I have absolutely NOTHING negative to say about this, as much as I try to find it to help...this...oh my god, this is perfection, in my eyes.

What describes the magnificence of this chapter most is the fact that reading it actually made my body physically tremor - it takes a lot to impress me that much, and this chapter has done it.

Sir, you have my utmost and infinite respect after this. Thank you for everything you stand for.
Leviathan chapter 38 . 11/2/2012
Alright, lets see who I recognized in this chapter.
Zerg-StarCraft
Blue-Eyes White Dragon/Ultimate Dragon-Yugioh
Omnimon-Digimon
Phoenix Wright
Black Rock Shooter

Given most of that happened in cyber world, i can easily look past the various crossovers. I'm a Protoss player myself, or was back when I played. Glad you didn't go with the Egyptain Gods route in the Yugioh aspect, though I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't a little dissapointed that Blue Eyes Shining Dragon didn't make an appearance. Also happy you went with Omnimon rather then Susanoomon.

Only bit of Phoenix Write I've seen is the youtube 'Boot to the head' parody thing, and a short vid of why Omega should not be a lawyer. I'm only starting to look into this Black Rock Shooter thing, inspired by you. It might just be me, but hair color, eye color, mild bits of facial features, and clothes remind me a bit of Xion from Kingdom Hearts.

For the briefest moment, I though the construct that fought Omnimon ZX was Unicron from transformers series, but then I read in more detail.

Having just 100%'d Command Mission, I barely grazed the paragrpah to know it was Great Redips who was the new enemy appearing. I'm considering doing a renovilization of the game sometime actually.

All in all, I really enjoyed this chapter, especially so soon an update. Looking forward to the next chapter, whenever it may be.
the Zogg chapter 38 . 11/4/2012
A very IMPRESSIVE chapter. You certainly delivered all you said you would and more, I really have no complaints or major critcism about this chapter, but I advise you to keep Ace, Vent, and Omega out of Cyberspace for a while. While this chapter was coolness times infinity it will get boring and repititive for them to win every fight in Cyberspace in that manner with the unimaginative villain standing no chance.

but my favorite scene in this chapter was Gearhead Granz Vs Black Rock Shooter. I liked how even though Black Rock Shooter came out of no where instead of losing his cool he decided to go with the flow and almost won because of it. You know Granz is probably now one of your most dangerous antagonists now because he has lost his smugness, arrogance and god complex plus he can now modify his plans on the fly and has realized that your universe runs on high test Rule of Cool and he has the imagination and skills to make almost anything into reality. I think he could even graduate into a Hero Killer. After that fight Granz is now my second favorite character after Vile.

Anyway, I hope we learn next chapter how Redips became that... Thing.
DiLost chapter 38 . 11/4/2012
Epic...
That was the only word I can use to describe how I feel reading this chapter.
You really are one of the best author I have seen in this site.
This story has to one of the best if not the best crossover story I've ever read...
509 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »