Reviews for The Omega Chronicles: Rise of the Red Rebellion
Guest chapter 39 . 12/26/2012
This shit makes no fucking sense. I love it.
Also, I would SO sell BOTH my kidneys if it meant i could live in legion city.
Manakete King chapter 39 . 12/25/2012
Ooohhhhhh! I'm putting my money on the Black Rock Shooter, for the first round. After that, all bets are off, but I'd have to say that Omega would start gaining ground, but I don't expect a win till round five or so. The chapter itself was mostly action free, but it makes an excellent setup for the huge battle that's about to ensue. Merry Christmas yourself, and hope to see you again soon. Later!
Aaron chapter 39 . 12/25/2012
This is insane... AND I LOVE IT! More, MORE I SAY! But I do find myself asking if the other chosen ones will ever play a part in future chapters. Will they? (Please say yes!)
the Zogg chapter 39 . 12/25/2012
So... basically Dead Ends have super Reality Marbles?

Anyway, I really liked this chapter. It was great to see Ace be thrown out of his comfort zone and not be in control of the situation for once.

It was even better to see Omega cowed by something that he can't defeat. But what really got me is that Omega is one of the SANEST members of the cast. Having Reality Marble capabilities puts you way beyond being cuckoo for coco puffs. Which basically means X, Zero, Ace, Vent and maybe Colenel are nuttier than Omega.
OnyouSolar chapter 39 . 12/25/2012
MY MONEY IS ON BLACK ROCK SHOOTER!
Transcendent Being Fan chapter 10 . 12/25/2012
Freaking funny,hehehehehehe!
Transcendent Being Fan chapter 9 . 12/25/2012
Pure GAR man, you are the best!
Transcendent Being Fan chapter 8 . 12/25/2012
Omema,Vile, Ashe and Grey were badass! man I wish the games were like that!
Transcendent Being Fan chapter 7 . 12/25/2012
Celtis(the noob,hehehehe) and Vile got their moment to shine, good!
Transcendent Being Fan chapter 6 . 12/25/2012
the meeting between Omega and Vile was awesome!
Golden-Owl chapter 39 . 12/25/2012
Merry Christmas. Sorry for not reviewing lately. I've been going through one of those identity crises and I still haven't quite phased out of it yet.

Black Rock Shooter. I'm afraid to say I don't really know a whole lot about Black Rock Shooter myself. What I do know is that, as a character, you'll be able to treat her the same way you treated Omega in this story purely because she has no defined personality in her own home series. Similar to how Omega has never said anything in canon beyond "I am the Messiah!", BRS (Abbreviated because that name is long and unwieldy to type) has little to define her personality, so you can pretty much write whatever the heck you want and as long as she can wreck stuff, it wouldn't seem out of character.

What BRS means for the rest of the story's setting is a whole other story. Judging from Ace's... reaction, BRS's anime/manga exists in this story and there's probably a few copies lying around Ace or Marino's office somewhere. This is somewhat problematic, as it'd raise the question of how the story of a hero from another time/dimension/universe would be present in this one in the form of a manga. Course, Ace is less likely to care and would be too excited to do anything else.

While having an overpowered crossover hero might be a rather controversial addition to your story (still trying to figure out what to think about her), the concept of Dead Ends is a pretty great one. They seem to pretty much be the natural extension of the powers of cyberspace which have been pre-established in the story by Omega.

Vent and Ace have managed to weaponize their insanity. I'm not sure if I should be worried or impressed at that. While having them compared to X and Zero works out pretty well in many aspects, I really doubt either of them were capable of the sheer ridiculousness those two pulled.

I did a little checking up and managed to find out Marino, Redips and Cinnamon's game of origin. Command Mission was something I would've overlooked easily, being on the PS2 (Didn't own that) and having a RPG-nature in a platformer series. I reckon I could take a guess and Redip's cryptic message after taking a look at the game's storyline.

Marino had mentioned meeting Spider before somewhere "at a facility researching copy abilities", implying that she had known the guy before. However, later in the game it was revealed that the Spider travelling with them was actually Redips in disguise. This raises a question as to whether Spider even existed in the first place or if he was killed at some point by Redips and had his Copy Data used to mimic his form and abilities (Model A style). Assuming you go with the second theory, this would make Redip's taunt and Marino's reaction make sense, as Redip's might have been masquerading as an old friend of hers whom he killed.

Thomas's appearance is a very welcome one. I'd started to wonder if the Sages were even doing anything as their job. I am wondering what happened to Mikhail though, and whether or not the events that occured in the secret ending have elapsed yet in this story. Presenting politics and how he overrules Ace also works well in defining Thomas's role and character better.

Dragon Joker eh? The rival of Ace Phoenix? Heh, I've gotta admit, I didn't expect to find a Megaman Starforce reference here of all places.

I imagine more exposition is due for after the ensuing battle between Omega and BRS, namely as to why and how BRS manifested here and why she hasn't left yet now that she finished her job. Said exposition is likely delivered by Ace. After he picks his jaw off the floor from getting to see one of his anime heroes in person that is.

What I don't understand is why Omega is off trying to pick a fight with BRS anyway. He doesn't have any grudge against her (unlike his fight with Fefnir), not to mention he's still busy repairing himself, so I don't quite see why he'd want to fight someone for no reason when he's not even at full power.

Anyways, great work as always and looking forward to the next installment. You've already hinted many times about Ace's secret both in this chapter and the last one, so that plot twist should be due soon.

Real shame the the guys here are too busy to celebrate Christmas. I was looking forward to somebody unwrapping an anti-tank rifle in a box.
Shikyo no Kyoufu chapter 39 . 12/25/2012
So Dragon Joker is pretty much Omega Chronicles' Anaheim corp from gundam.
HoKaze chapter 39 . 12/25/2012
Well...certainly a lot of interesting bits of info and hints flying around here. Gotta say that between character...disagreements, missing people, the threat of the Dead Ends and this sudden appearance of the Black Rock Shooter...it may have been a breather chapter, but damn if there isn't a lot of tension all over the place.

I eagerly look forward to the next update and must thank you for this Christmas present :D
AngelicTrinity chapter 39 . 12/25/2012
Oh noes! My Celtis has gone missing. And I have a feeling that it has to do with Black Rock Shooter (though its kind of obvious at this point) showing up. The battle between her and the God of Destruction is going to be interesting, for sure.

Muu... I cannot wait until the next chapter comes out. I want to see what happened Celtis! Celtis is my favorite character (as I've pretty much stated time and time again).

Also, did Ace have a fanboy moment when he saw Black Rock Shooter? Cause I have a feeling that he did, being the Ascended Fanboy that he is. Ah well, that's the Ace we all know and love, heh heh heh heh...

I hope to see Celtis again soon! Also, is the reason that Omega is going on a rampage because he actually cares about our favorite green-haired heroine or is it because he wants to murder her for allowing Ashe to do what she did. I sincerely hope its the former, please let it be the former.

...

Though I won't be surprised if it was the latter.
CrystalRei chapter 38 . 12/12/2012
For a world that runs entirely on Rule of Cool, this story works amazingly well.

I also can't remember the last chapter I went through without cracking up because of your delivery.

Your characterization of all these guys is very well done, Omega in particular got me this time (I also have actually forgotten at points that Vix, Kitara, Ace, etc. are all OCs; I'm fairly sure that's a good thing ) ). Seriously, bravo on that front.

Like many stories: some parts I like, some parts I don't, but I can accept your choices, and I imagine you had a reason for them (or, at least, most of them). But overall, this is very well-written.

Also; read the Great Redips section again, and *gasp* my conspiracy theories are true?!
517 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »