Reviews for Beautiful Lie
AzTec999 chapter 1 . 7/21
"I think you look beautiful," I tell her, thoroughly disgusted, "I think you look like a beautiful lie."
-I love this line (and Nick's occasional sharp wit). Seriously, this is one of the few fics that really has In Character. And the last line. Absolutely wonderful. :)
aintevenbovvered chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
Oh my...oh my gosh...this is breathtaking
I'm absolutely in love with this story. A beautiful lie...
Guest chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
That was a beautiful fanfiction.
ladybug114 chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
The parallels! It's great!
Seriously, this story is very good. Your nick was perfect, as was your daisy. I loved how you did this, it was very well written
Fairy Cakes Love chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
Oh my gosh! History is repeating itself... and hopefully it changes! Love the parallels of the characters.
Frostfyre chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Besides a few spelling errors, this is great. I love how you portray Nick, and how he feels about having to see Daisy and Tom again after Gatsby's death. The parallel he sees between Gatsby and Samuel are fantastic. Amazing work - well done.
Oreal770 chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
You probably posted this a long time ago (I forgot to look at the date) and you might not even get this, but I thought, seeing as you seemed intrigued by the quote "I hope she's a fool, a beautiful fool" that Scott Fitzgerald's wife; Zelda, said this almost exact quote about her and scott's child, and that is where the quote comes from.

Just some interesting trivia as I have been researching context for my lit exam next week :)

Zarina3908 chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
Wow that was just so perfect. I always hated that line in that book. We read it in English class this year and that line always bothered me a lot. When I saw that I your fics I just had to read it because it bothered me so much. Does that make sense? Oh well if it does not.
Macabre Stranger chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
That was entirely amazing. Nice job. I especially love the way you paralleled Daisy and Pammi. However, Nick was the best his whole attitude was perfect. Nice Work!
kerricarri chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
I like the voice you've developed for him. It's very Nick, but with a caustic edge that's entirely appropriate considering his attitude towards Tom and Daisy when Nick sees Tom again at the end of the book. Loved this thoroughly.
Sezony chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
I didn't really like the Great Gatsby that much.. I had to read it for an English class. I actually liked this fic though. You did Nick's POV perfectly! I felt like I was reading an epilogue from the book.. Great job :)
Foolish Mortal chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
'don't you dare mention money' was a really resonating line in this story. Interesting look at Pam down the road.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
A great story. Very well written.
Inumaru12 chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
that was great. I enjoyed it.
Love Lara chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Wonderful and amazing! the Great Gatsby is now one of my most favorite books I have ever read in English 11. And this sums up what Daisy wants for her "blessed precious".

Plus, you did a wonderful job of staying in character with Nick. Sometimes people over do it, or don't do it enough. But your Nick I felt compared nicely with F. Scott Fitzgerald's Nick.

You also do a wonderful job of describing your setting. That's also what is so wonderful about this story. Setting is very important. I myself tend to forget that xD

Anyhow, I love this short little story. I do hope you continue on with it, keep going along with Pammi's life. I would love to see how she ends up, and maybe hopefully when Nick says, "I think you look like a beautiful lie." perhaps it should snap her daughter into sanity and let her realize that Samuel would be the better of choices.

Keep up the great work!