Reviews for Iron Man
n9voc chapter 39 . 10/7/2008
My experience with comic books was in the decade of the 70's. If I am not mistaken, this was called the "silver age" of comics. Thus, virtually all of the comic references occur post my personal experience with the Iron Man comic book universe. That being said: WOW! The storytelling here is excellent. The changing viewpoints - story told from a different character's viewpoint was an excellent story device. The context of the viewpoint made it easy to tell which character was telling the story at that time. It might be handy to identify which character is telling the story, especially where the storyteller character switch occurs rather quickly. That minor critisism aside, this is a GREAT story. As typical with my memory of Marvel comics, it is a series of sub-stories told within the context of a larger story. Also very typical of Marvel comics, the end at chapter 39 is open to expansion - one PORTION of the story is over, but the overall story still has room to expand.

In my humble opinion, this story is fully on par with every professionally produced prose for the comic universe I have ever read. The characters are three dimensional, the dialog crisp, action scenes solid, superb plots - even has FU MANCHU in it (a perennial villian from the days of pulp fiction!) I was fully pulled into the story. The story could not have been told in any shorter length, it is rather like two or three years of comic book stories strung together.

Kudos!

Bravo!

'nuff said
n9voc chapter 18 . 10/5/2008
Thus Far - 18 chapters in - excellent storytelling. The references to the Iron Man Comicverse are great for those who have access to the comics - for those of us who do not, we can just look past them.

With Jack of Hearts appearing, are you paralleling the end of your alternate universe Avengers tale? We'll see. Could be most interesting, in this (Iron Man) universe, Hank Pym is alive - and in the Avengers Alternate he is dead. Might be interesting to see how this invasion threat pans out in each universe.

Overall, excellent plots - both the sub plots of each "mini story" and the overall plot of the story. Solid dialog and storytelling -the prose "flows" well, with the story told well enough to "pull me in" to this universe. Looking forward to the balance of the story, and also seeing more of your work.

Kudos - Good story, WELL worth the read!

I'll Repeat myself - WELL worth the read!

'nuff said
The Assassin's Pen chapter 2 . 7/9/2008
This story is very long, and I haven't read all of it, but what I have is very good!
Kenjirose chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
I have never read the comic books, or seen the old cartoon show; but I read this anywise and really liked it a lot. More peaple should review!