Reviews for Sirens of Azeroth
Ihsan997 chapter 4 . 2/15
Amaru is quite adorable, actually. The conversation in the beginning also does a great job of explaining to the reader (and Leyla) what the Red Thorns are there to do without coming off as...well, didactic? Preachy? Not sure which adjective to use, but the way you wrote it was great.

It's ironic reading this scene now knowing what Phaen would do later. It is a good lesson you wrote here, though, about how you can't always trust people right off the bat.
Ihsan997 chapter 3 . 2/9
Here is an interesting thing to ponder. Fourth paragraph from the bottom reads:

"I..." Leyla began slowly as she gathered courage.

Typically, speech within quotation marks is following by a comma. In this case, however, she last part of the speech is an ellipsis as the speaker tailed off. Putting a comma seems wrong, but is it right to continue with the rest of the sentence? As in: "Uh oh..." the kid said. 'The' here isn't the beginning of a whole new sentence so it can't be capitalized, but is putting nothing the correct thing to do?

Also, Ms. Mirai, I know you have profiles on a million sites but...please, same questions as before. Where does Leyla's life lead beyond the seven months in the story? And Raezel, Cara, Amaru et al.?
Ihsan997 chapter 2 . 2/4
You are absolutely right in that the story isn't an ordinary Warcraft fanfic. It's refreshing to see a good story not focusing on war itself but on the everyday "human" (for lack of a better term) aspect of the people's lives. Not only that, but the topic in and of itself - even irl - is fascinating. It's recommended on a lot of "best Warcraft fanfics" lists btw.

What ever happens to Leyla?! You've mentioned in different places what lives the others lead. About poor Darcen's fate, about Taye settling down. And I am sure you still get asked about other side characters like Moira's life with the opposing side in a dynastic feud, you must get asked a LOT about Raezel, likely Amaru as well. And Pallu never shared a scene with her brother! That could be a comedy right there!

But even with all the other topics you touched on here - and you did so quite well - the biggest, inescapable thing was how Leyla grew up as a person by learning and sharing other people's stories. Her song at the very end was a gift back to the people who enriched her life so much. So...where does that life lead? The epilogue takes places only half a year after Booty Bay; that isn't a long time and she's an elf. How long does she remain a courtesan? When does she see her parents again? Will she travel all her life? Is there a place she will eventually settle down? Or is her goal to collect all the stories she can?

Please, if you answer any more questions, it must be the ones about Leyla herself Ms. Marai!
Ihsan997 chapter 1 . 1/31
One thing that is impressive is how much you can write without seeming long winded. Each chapter here has a decent amount of words in it, yet there wasn't a single one of the 26 chapters that ever felt like it was dragging on too long. That's a skill right there; here in the first chapter you jump into it immediately, and Leyla goes from scolding herself in the Wetlands to being saved and spending four days on a ship with a benefactor she knew little about.

One thing you may have heard a lot is that your writing serves as a good model for others. Reading this story is not only entertaining but also educational on the topic of a good balance of action and dialogue.
Ihsan997 chapter 25 . 1/27
While the epilogue does come last, this really seems like the culmination/climax of the story. Everything from when she first ran from the murlocs cursing herself up to all the events she participated in, the wonderful people she had the joy of meeting and the growing as an individual she did...it seems like it was building toward this.

The question comes immediately, though: did you plan it this way from the beginning? Or did it end up this way as things progressed? Really, the witnessing of Aetheras being happy with her family down to the mass of different races and cultures...you paint such a lovely picture. Then the last four paragraphs from "Though standing alone..." until "She loved them all"...I mean, our little Leyla grew up. You really did give your readers a gift with such a lovely story.

But the question though; did you know it would end this way when you started? Or did the ending come to life after you began writing? And when you wrote the first few chapters, did you intend the story to reach 25 chapters? (Or did you answer this already on a forum somewhere?)
Ihsan997 chapter 26 . 1/26
Not sure if you still come to Fanfiction and this might sound cliché, but thank you for this story. It's been an exhilarating time reading it, looking over some chapters more than once. The epilogue here is cute as well; Leyla truly is an adult and everything from her confrontation with Azurian rings true about her. It's hard to let go, but you definitely know when and how to give a good ending to a good story.

I might comment on other chapters in regard to elements that were particularly interesting and certain points to keep in mind in future writing. And please do continue writing!
Herringurl chapter 26 . 8/17/2014
This is one of my favorite WoW stories. I come back to read it often. Pairing trolls with elves or humans is always my favorite. Keep writing! I'd love to see some Leyla/Rinji loving in future stories
RandomPerson chapter 18 . 6/21/2014
Chapter 18...made me cry. Seeing as this story is complete I doubt this will be read but, I'll write it anyway. I just need to pour out my feels. The moment was just so intimate and touching that I just had to express how beautifully written it was. The entire story is just so far one of the very best I've ever read. I was so touched. I hope you continue to write this way author which I now sincerely respect. I love the story.
catarina.casanova2 chapter 26 . 3/28/2014
Omg... Not only you are a great artist and ilustrator of your stories, but you're a also a fantastic writer! My gosh, it is hard for me, a non-native speaker of English, to find any of the usual criative tools we writers use to - metaphors, sensual writing...This was compelling in every single chapter! :D

And when I mean compelling I mean I almost went to bed later than I should...It is not a bad thing here...Also...Your characters are so realistic! (Loved Rinji ... XD laughed or giggled in each and every single of his dialog lines) ...

From a WoW fan which found her old "obsession" - in my father's words - for World of Warcraft, since 2005...!
Neleothesze chapter 26 . 2/18/2014
I enjoyed this very much. You really have a way with words... your descriptions especially make the environments come alive. I'm glad to have found this gem.
Neleo
Koklanic chapter 6 . 1/28/2014
They should add this whole event ingame lol. Great work excelent writer
clicketykeys chapter 26 . 1/7/2014
Great story!

You do an excellent job with characterization. Not only do you have a wonderful variety here, but there's also layers and nuances. No one is JUST good or JUST bad; they all have reasons for what they do, even if those reasons aren't enough (we think) to justify it. And different characters have different perspectives on the same situation. So, well done.

Also, I like what happens with the romance threads. Not going to say more, JUST IN CASE someone reads this before the story, but it feels natural, rather than artificially neat.

Looking forward to reading more of your work!
clicketykeys chapter 4 . 1/6/2014
I particularly like Amaru's speech mannerisms. You do a great job of making her sound just-a-touch foreign.

Enjoying the story so far!
Zedicus101 chapter 26 . 11/5/2013
Absolutely fantastic! I'm honestly saddened that it's over. I almost felt like not reading it just so I knew it wouldn't be over, haha.

Bravo!
Skyshattered chapter 26 . 7/27/2013
Your story was very beautiful. Thank you! It was a very wonderful read.