Reviews for Fingers Crossed
zoe alice chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
Very nice last line.
Lindir's Ghost chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
Wow. I had a peek at the other reviews you've had for this story, and they pretty much say what I wanted to, which is a soggy biscuit on my behalf, but well done on theirs - proper reviews make the word go round in a non-soggy way...

Soggy biscuits? What the Hell am I on?

Anyway. Review. For a few hundred words, this works wonderfully. You've managed to use every word to its full potential. I found the imagery highly emotive, even flich-worthy in the stronger instances, such as the thought of the dome cracking. I could see it in my mind, so well done on that!

The 'on-coming storm' bit at the end was especially poignant, as I think someone else pointed out...

The strength of your writing warrants being applied to a chapter story, if such a mood should take you. I'd read a chapter story by you, no problem - you've probably written one already, I'll have to look at your profile later!

All the best,

Ghost
Valentina chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
Powerful, very powerful. It's really a brilliant little piece of writing.

The humans little traits the Dotcor picks up, that's so true!

And I loved that you made the parallel between the Earth sky in flames and Gallifrey burning, 'cause it's the first thing that came to mind when I watched the episode. And it was a wonderful idea to have the Doctor put himself in his people's position, picturing how they must have felt.

Oh, and the storm coming for the Sontarans...very powerful again.

Overall, brilliant! Thanks for sharing :-)

Valentina
laurajslr chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
A great contemplation of that episode! Really liked how you higlighted him picking up human traits; I never though about it before! Great one-shot!
Kent Rigel chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
You've drawn a very fascinating parallel I think, an inspiring insight indeed. Many times I've considered how the character of the Doctor would think about his actions, or watching himself, burn his world and his people... but I never thought about what it would be like for him to imagine himself in their position, to think about what they must have felt as he ended it all. Like he said, the burden of a Time Lord: to see what is, what was, what could be and what must not. To watch Gallifrey burn and know that it could never be anything different...