Reviews for Defiance
Anonymous123456787654321 chapter 7 . 6/13/2016
cute I liked the beginning a lot. the end was dark but I don't mind dark. hmmmmm. Iruka is a bit of a jerk in this which is refreshing in some ways.
Anonymous123456787654321 chapter 1 . 6/13/2016
that was sudden.
jj chapter 7 . 12/31/2013
that was sooooooooooo assume I looooooooovvvvvvv it it rules that was great I really want more too
Viviane Renard chapter 7 . 4/8/2013
I like how you weaved the title, Defiance, into the story itself. From Iruka defying the sadness and pain caused by assassinating a rogue student, to Kakashi's defying Iruka's refusal...sometimes you need to go against the grain to find happiness. I really did enjoy your ending, in the sense that it's inconclusive but still (almost) hopeful:

"But today, on his doorstep Kakashi found a bright bouquet of striped pink carnations, a beautiful, gentle, refusal. Smiling, he brought them in and carefully put them in water, because he too could be defiant in the face of a fate beyond his control, and tomorrow he was going to take a chance on something, and send red roses anyway."
dat-patriot chapter 7 . 3/12/2011
nice~ I think this ended perfectly~ definitely bittersweet, yet very well composed~ :D
Guest chapter 7 . 11/12/2010
Beautifully written. And i usually hate open endings, but it wouldn't have worked for this. It was very realistic but hopeful.

I loved it.
Tellytubby101 chapter 7 . 7/23/2010
This was... rather touching. You characterized Tsunade brilliantly, and Kakashi was amazing in his own right. Iruka having to kill his own student: heart-wrenchingly sad, and then the aftermath of a year later gave hope.

The ending was a little too open-ended for my usual tastes, but I liked it enough. Lovely story, nonetheless.

From Tubby. :-)
Victory Is For the Weak chapter 7 . 6/2/2010
I love your ending. It's real. Not made up or happy for no other reason than to make us feel better. It's real and that's beautiful.
maethebellydancer chapter 7 . 4/11/2010
Love it. % ) A beautiful refusal... classy.
HH chapter 7 . 8/17/2009
NO! Well, good luck, Kakashi! I'm cheering for you!
tearfularcher chapter 7 . 7/19/2009
That was so sad, I cried the whole time I was reading the last couple of chapters, which really made it hard to read since my vision got all blurry with the tears. I wish it had had a happier ending, but at least it left some hope.
kerumica chapter 7 . 4/12/2009
I really enjoyed this. I like the way you ended it, just leaving it up to the reader's imagination. Thank you so much for sharing :)
Totnes chapter 5 . 12/21/2008
I have to say I don't get this story. At least not much of it. Or rather the main problem... What has the death of a traitor to do with the ability to be in a relationship with someone?

To me this whole story reads nothing else than Iruka dragging someone else down in his oh so woeful misery. it was a very egoistical move. And had the flavor of punishment and righteousness all over it. Punishing Kakashi for having never noticed him before day X, it seems. Could Iruka be anymore vindictive in his passive aggression, I wonder? But aside from my own feelings - interesting story.
Stinky Horowitz chapter 7 . 12/13/2008
I am satisfied with the ending of this, when I'm usually frustrated by unhappy, ambiguous endings. You did it right, because I can imagine Kakashi making Iruka mad eventually, and then everything will be okay because Iruka will finally feel something other than regret. But if you showed me Iruka getting mad at Kakashi, it would feel like a beginning and I would want more story. So, I think it was right to end it here.

The stories with these two characters that begin with sex and end with no relationship in a logical way are very rare. In fact, I think yours is the only one. Congratulations, and thank you for writing.
Juniperbreezie chapter 7 . 9/6/2008
I think the ending was perfect for this story. I really liked this story.