Reviews for Spoils of War
woogje chapter 6 . 5/8/2010
I have been reading stories from this site for some time now. Your story was the catalyst for me to sign up, just so I could post a review. This is my very first. I want to start with "If only" If only this could have been the way it ended (or continued) with 10th and Rose. Having gotten that wishful thinking out of the way, on to review - very, very well written. I could see the characters and the settings. Your writing style makes them come alive. So many times in these stories the settings/characters are so two dimensional that I have to play "fill in the blank". IMO, if I am reading fiction I don't feel as if I should have to use my imagination to see/feel what is going on. That is the author's job and you did it beautifully. A small point but as a literature major in college back in the day, your spelling and grammar - spot on. Sometimes in these stories the grammar is so bad it is beyond my comprehension. Okay, maybe I am an old school snob but I don't care. Sometimes the spelling is so bad in these stories I have to back and try to figure our if maybe it is a case of ESL and it is not. But I digress. What I am trying to say albeit in a rather obtuse way, your story is AWESOME! It is the first of yours I have read and I am so awash with anticipation at the prospect of reading the rest. Sorry if I am rambling but, okay, I will be succinct - WOW, AWESOME, KUDOS, THANK YOU!
Phoenix.Writing chapter 6 . 6/19/2008
This was a very unique reunion fic.

I loved the image of the last stand of the companions and the fact that all of them together were enough to rescue the Doctor.

You had me totally confused as to why on earth the Doctor wasn't asking after Rose when he was sitting with Donna and Jack and Martha in hospital-Excellent plot device to have him assume it was a dream and only learn that Rose was back when they told him.

Very interesting twist to have had her tortured. T'was good to have them share and be together to heal together at the end _
Shezzi chapter 6 . 6/17/2008
Will there be a sequel? i hope there'll be a sequel! awesome story, thanks so much for sharing! love xx Shezzi
RicardianScholar Clark-Weasley chapter 6 . 6/17/2008
this has been fantastic
MythStar Black Dragon chapter 5 . 6/4/2008
Whoa hope she is the exception cause that would be cool

Maria
Dr Spleenmeister chapter 5 . 6/2/2008
I really like this; it's so well written, everyone's in character, it's funny, it's heart warming, it even has an edge.

Love it!
RicardianScholar Clark-Weasley chapter 5 . 6/1/2008
*laughs* brilliant update soon
MythStar Black Dragon chapter 4 . 5/22/2008
Yeah that was great more then great perfect loved it.

Maria
fvckinlarry chapter 4 . 5/21/2008
This is awesome! Update soon (:
RicardianScholar Clark-Weasley chapter 4 . 5/21/2008
aw that was so sweet yet so humourous. update now
RicardianScholar Clark-Weasley chapter 3 . 5/11/2008
aw so sweet
sapphire-rouged chapter 2 . 5/7/2008
Aww this is great, cant wait to read next chapter :)
TheWayfaringStranger chapter 2 . 5/6/2008
Lovely! Can't wait for the next chapter. Your writing jumps straight to the action and gets the characters right. I'm enjoying the way they interact!