Reviews for The Only Thing
bitcheslovefoldedsocks chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
MY EMOTIONS, MY EMOTIONS!
Well, there goes all my blissful feelings of "my otp lives on–in me!" That was beautiful, though.
This was amazing. Great fic.
thewitchisdead chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
this is one of the most beautiful things i've read, i love that you show james' side of the story, that james was an amazing man, an amazing father he died for lily and for harry and people always seem to forget about that. He loved his son and his wife more than anything in the world and i am about to cry i just love him so much it's insane. Thank you for writing this, you are wonderful
SAngelTon chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
Oh my gosh, that was beautiful. You portayed everyone how I had always imagined them! And I absolutely loved how James was training Harry to be a seeker. The emotions you gave James were fantastic and so perfect. It moved at a good pace and was easy to read, though I had some trouble not tearing up, thinking about how little time they had to spend with Harry. Thanks for writing such a lovely story!
RememberingToTurnOnTheLight chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
really really lovely. i very much enjoyed reading this.
Lilyandthegiantsquid chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
this is fantastic
lizthegingerone chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Loved this - it made me pretty sad to realise how close they were to dying, but your James is basically exactly how I imagined him :)
lemmonbomb chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
This is really, really beautiful. You got James down so well, and his emotions were completely realistic and really understandable. Lily was also really realistic in this and even Harry was brilliant. I know you're working hard on Moments of Bliss but this was truly fantastic and I would urge you to write more of these! By the end, I was developing a lump in my throat that they had so little time left, and that they would soon die. Because we only hear the same-old, same-old about James and Lily, it was refreshing to see them from this perspective, and I definitely agree that James is overlooked as a hero, because he was just as much as Lily, and probably would have sacrificed himself for Harry in her situation too...not to say that Lily wasn't a heroine, of course. Anyway, I'm rambling, but this was brilliant and beautifully written and deserves far more reviews than it has! If you ever have the time, please write more stories like this - and I don't mind if Remus and Sirius make appearances either! :)
girlwithstupidusername chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
That was so sweet. I loved it :D I love daddy-James storys they are amazing, and your was very good.
Lise Steiner chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
This is just a lovely piece. Well done.
verity candor chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
That was brilliant. You got James down PERFECTLY. Really. Brilliant Lily and CUTE!HArry were an added treat. Did I mention it was BRILLIANT?
goldengreaser chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
Awe, so cute.
ritaskeetered chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
This was really beautiful. Well done. I almost cried. Well... I admit... I was crying.
and-chaos-reigned chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
This is a fabulous story. I'm a sucker for these James father/son things, but I think you have all the emotions completely pegged in this one. Both James and Harry seemed very real (and it seems like it would be hard to characterize a baby!), as well as Lily and the few Lily/James interactions. The whole parenting thing was very real (there really are no synonyms for that word) too, with James taking a little time to fall in love with a new baby...all in all, very real (lol) and a great story! Thanks!
Lightest'Ink chapter 1 . 6/12/2008