Reviews for With You, I'll Be Only Sibylla
Proud chapter 16 . 3/13/2014
Love this story! Bravo to you :-) hope it complete but... Well, Thank for a great story anyway :-)
Guest chapter 4 . 5/2/2013
That was nice. I actually liked it.
Calil Gadien96 chapter 16 . 3/5/2011
One question: Why did you stop! *terrified/teary face* It was just getting good... No, thats not right, the whole story was good. Just wish it was finished...
Calathiel of Mirkwood chapter 16 . 11/24/2008
Intense. :) I'm very excited for the siege! You're doing great!
Robin Silverman chapter 15 . 11/9/2008
i always loved the kingdom of heaven movie, there was a line you missed but it wasn't any thing major so no worries, and i like how you've written this.
Smithy chapter 15 . 11/4/2008
Boy, is Sybilla going to be majorly po'ed when she finds out that Balian is indeed alive and she was made to look like the utter fool. I would seriously slap the man silly if I had been made to look so foolish.
Calathiel of Mirkwood chapter 15 . 11/2/2008
He's back! :) I just have to say, that I LOVE that scene in the movie where Balian fights the four hospitallers. So cool!

Anyway, this chapter really showed the depth of Sibylla's despair. To lose so much or quickly (or so she thinks)...its a very realistic portrayal. :)
Sonjadore chapter 14 . 10/24/2008
Too busy drooling over "the knight"...no kidding. Wish you had, though ;)

Anyways, it's cool that you're sticking with this; it can be pretty hard to write canon (or however you spell it! I lost my dictionary...again!) from a certain character's perspective; I know this from experience.
Calathiel of Mirkwood chapter 14 . 10/24/2008
Beautifully tragic...I'm left speechless.
Calathiel of Mirkwood chapter 13 . 10/21/2008
Aww, poor Sibylla! Such a heartbreaking chapter...really well done!
Mercury Gray chapter 12 . 8/31/2008
But in a sense, Balian was here in Sybilla's thoughts (and Guy's, toward the end.) Having a character like that who only influences the scene from afar is hard to write, and you've done so quite well. I like the addition of Guy's advances at the end - It's very in character for him, I think, and it gives another dimension to Sybilla's idea that she has to endure something terrible and difficult. In one instance it's sleeping with her drunk husband again, and in the other it's keeping her son alive and well and ready to rule.

The only thing I could maybe find to criticize in this chapter is that in my readings, I've found out that Guy and Sybilla had two daughters, both of which died with her in Acre in 1190. But that's a very small historical point, and of little note. As always, a great chapter!
OnyxDrake chapter 11 . 8/14/2008
Okay... I honestly cannot remember the movie. I like the burning creosote bushes. That's a nice touch.
OnyxDrake chapter 10 . 8/13/2008
nice bit of build-up here.
OnyxDrake chapter 9 . 8/13/2008
grammar nit-pick:

like the icicles which formed during the harsh European winters that(which) she had heard about. (If you have "which" it should be followed by "that").

You swap POVs from Sibylla to Guy, then to Baldwin's. This is jarring.

Nit-pick:

The life of a princess was hard (difficult is a better word than "hard")

Ouch, he really has too much honour, doesn't he?
OnyxDrake chapter 8 . 8/13/2008
Oh dear, the scheming... M, I think I'll off my husband today... I'm just worried that she's not coming across as if she's considering the full moral implications of her intentions.

... and the plot thickens.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »