Reviews for Comalies
crisangel chapter 12 . 9/9/2012
This really is an interesting fic, but the chapters are pretty short and taken up entirely too much by song lyrics. I know a lot of writers throw in a verse or two that they feel is relevant, but I don't think it ever really adds to the work like they think it does.

When it's an entire song, cut and pasted in a way that's not even organic to the story (e.g., none of the characters are listening to it or referencing it), it's kind of a waste of space and I'm sure I'm not the only one scrolling right over all of them.

Still, a unique premise, and you still have my attention. I'm anxious to see where it goes...
MihoSayuri chapter 20 . 4/4/2012
I just spent the last two hours straight reading this entire story. I am incredibly excited to begin Once Burned and I have to stop and tell you how amazing this was. you told such an amazing story with an amazing plot and amazing turns. one of the things I hated in the show was that they never really talk about Faith's past and the fact that that is what made her what she was. the only thing that opens your eyes about her is the novel Go Ask Malice which is a Buffy novel and is Faith's diary for the year before she moves to Sunnydale. I'm saying that you put what the show so desperately needed- a stronger Buffy and Faith connection and a stronger understanding of Faith as a character. amazing, amazing story. I shall be reading the sequel shortly. 3
SeanHicks4 chapter 20 . 9/15/2011
Cool twist on cannon, even if it's probably not a feasable tech.
barbeed chapter 20 . 3/29/2011
Thanks for taking me through this journey into darkness. Loved it!
Stormbringer951 chapter 20 . 10/9/2010
A Buffy/Faith story, with the premise that the Council would've wanted to have Faith's life support switched off (which makes more sense than what happened in the show...) and Buffy has to save her by entering her mind.

There aren't many spelling or grammar mistakes but there are a lot of formatting errors in the text - mostly sentences with a new line halfway through. I think that your writing style could feel a little more concise and at the very least you could lose the song lyrics at the beginning of each chapter.

The storyline itself is believable, although a few parts of Faith's memories felt a little bit melodramatic. We know that she's had a terrible life but at a few points it feels like you're laying on the angst a little too thick. I like that you didn't go for the cliched ending where Buffy brings Faith out easily, and Faith's reaction to Buffy's hysteria is very in-character.
shadowllama12 chapter 6 . 8/14/2010
Alyson Hannigan, wonder where she got that 'fake' name from
lucyferr chapter 19 . 8/11/2010
Great chapter
lucyferr chapter 17 . 8/11/2010
It's well written - but if only each chapter did NOT come with song lyrics - only 14 year olds put those in fics
lucyferr chapter 10 . 8/11/2010
Great - and appalling - portrait of Faith's life
EagleGamer15 chapter 20 . 10/4/2009
:D

I can't wait to read the sequel! Sorry about not reviewing chapter 18, but for some reason wouldn't let me :P, I did like it though.

This one was very touching, and it really makes the reader want to read the sequel. I'm sure you've already written it, but I hope that when Buffy and the Council cross paths, she does the exact same thing she does when Glory comes to town...i.e. smack them down about five pegs XD
EagleGamer15 chapter 19 . 10/4/2009
Aw, so adorable :)

You do really good "touching sentimental" scenes, I envy you :D
EagleGamer15 chapter 17 . 10/4/2009
Stupid doctors xD lol
EagleGamer15 chapter 16 . 10/3/2009
Huh...not the memory I expected, but it makes sense
EagleGamer15 chapter 15 . 10/3/2009
:D
EagleGamer15 chapter 14 . 10/3/2009
Wow Buff, you go through all that...only to bitch out when reality came crashing down on you...just like Faith had to...now you understand...
159 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »