Reviews for Between Cops and Robbers
Tifer chapter 1 . 2/13
OO!

Well that's one way to end it!
of cabbages and kings chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
My review is 3 years late, but better late than never.

I loved this story, still do. It's a favourite of mine.

Just the ending and the way you brought everything together, it's amazing.

Great plot. Loved the whole idea of nobodies, the entire concept.
me malum chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Holy hell. So I'm reading through, laughing at Zexion's quips throughout (totally love the way you wrote him in this- completely heartless and amoral) and then- bam.

That ending was amazing like woah. Just sat there a few moments, thinking, 'did I just read that?'

Brilliant story.
The Watching Pig chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Woooow. I don't really like Lexaeus/Zexion or Zexion/Xigbar, but you did this incredibly well. Very nice.
Jen chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
I have to say that this story (and all your KH AU fics that I've read so far) was amazing in how it incorporated canon elements into an AU setting in such a creative, believable, unique, and memorable manner. I loved the characterizations, the dialogue, and the little nods to canon throughout (Zexion living on floor 6, Saix's rage, Axel's fiery death, Xigbar's trigger-happiness, Lexaeus having a protector-type job). It brought up a lot of interesting questions and issues. Such as how much of Zexion's constant apathy was due to genetics vs. years of governmental "education". Such as how differently Zexion spoke and acted around Xigbar vs. Lexaeus...as if they brought out the worst and the best in him...as if they were the manifestations of his id and superego, respectively. Such as the Nobodies' apparent ability to feel shock, nervousness, embarrassment, frustration, disappointment, maybe even regret DESPITE all the government propaganda (including, I suspected, Zexion feeling lonely to the point that he sought out an empty "relationship" just to fill the void, and feeling fearful of pursuing a deeper relationship due to fear of the unknown). At the end I couldn't decide what I wanted to do most - bawl over Lexaeus, slap Zexion, or strangle Xigbar. Sorry about rambling, but this is the kind of story that stays with you long after you've read the last line - the very best kind.
Besieged Infection chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
I haven't read a story this good in a very long while. The foreshadowing was flawless, grammar nearly perfect, and the characterizations only slightly off the mark. The plot was engaging, and the end... beautiful. Just plain beautiful.

And instant favorite.
MasterShaper chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
A well-written piece :)

I like how you worked the Nobodies into the setting - interesting way of portraying a twisted government.

Usually, I can spot the ending of a story way before it comes. But this one kept me guessing, and Lexeaus dying at the end was a shock. At first, I just stared at the monitor. Then, I actually WTF'ed the computer :P

I eagerly await your updates on 'How To Become A Nobody'. That story makes me reminisce quite a bit...

Till next time,

MS
amskitty214 chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
I never realized how hilarious Xigbar robbing a bank was until the "fuck the yogurt" thing.

I enjoyed this story overall, but I especially love how you incorporated the emotionlessness of the Nobodies and the Organization into a real-life setting. Most people suck balls at it.

Kudos, my friend, kudos, and I'm looking forward to an update.

~Alex
Jehraldeen chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
Oh. O_O Lovely..
Of Wolves And Dogs chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
My jaw literally dropped at the ending. Woah. This was really good. Usually I'm not a fan of Leaxaeus or any of the characters you used at all, but...today you have changed that.
Malathyne chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
My jaw dropped at that ending.

... ... ... I think I'm almost beyond words.

I love your Zexion, though. Love love love. Also, props to you for working out a way to sneak in the "Nobody" thing into a 'real world' situation. That was really clever. :D You're my kind of person.

... ... .. Man, I still cannot get over that ending. /Man/.
Werewolf of Fire chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
Excuse my language, but... Holy mother fucking shit-you-KILLED-LEXAEUS? D:

I feel kinda... Numb? Yes. Numb. I'm not really sure what to think, on the one hadn I'm glad Lexaeus protected Zexion (it made the Lexaeus fangirl in me squeal, it did), but I also wish to bawl my freakin' eyes out whilst stabbing Xigbar in the eye with one of his cigars!

But you don't want to her me rant about Lex! So I'll head straight into my thoughts on your story!

It was rather humorous before that gut wrenching ending (which was perfectly executed, mind you; it was as though getting shot - fast and numbing, before the burn sets in - absolutely fantastic). I found Xigbar and Zexion's first conversation at the grocery store made me smile largely, whilst Zexion's sleep deprived "I spilt milk on them!" story had me giggling into the table (woods not good at squishing out sound). Luxord and Xigbar's interaction had me amused too - such talk! And in front of someone so young in appearance! D:

Anyway... Moving on, I love how you protrayed the characters. They're just so perfect! It was the dialogue that got me, not just their habits and actions (like Xigbar's apartment and Zexion's computer virus ways). My favourite exchange would be this:

- Xigbar snorted, beer emerging from his nose as he did so. “Don't let that fag fool you. He's totally straight.”

“Thank you for your clear and logical answer.”

“And why the sudden need to grill me on my sex life?”

“I like to maintain a healthy hostage-kidnapper relationship. Which brings me back to why I'm here... I would be much obliged if you would find that money for me. After you've finished your beer, of course.” -

XD Goo... It doesn't fail to make me grin!

But moving on, there's two more things I'd like to point out.

One would be your awesome AU setting. I'm not the biggest AU fan out there, so I was rather sceptical when I read the summary, but I'm so glad I clicked the link! I love how you've used the nobodies. Love how you've used everyone, in general.

And the second would be your tying up Xigbar's missing CDs to Lexaeus - that was creative. I tip my hat to you.

All in all, I enjoyed this thoroughly - even the ending, which blew my heart straight from my chest. You are a very talented writer! Keep up the awesome work!

Take care,

- Woffy
MisterCreamPie chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
That has got to be the best, most interesting fanfic I have ever laid eyes upon. O-O

I was just really sad that Lexaeus died. ;-;

There wasn't enough LexZex dammit!

I'm not complaining though, it was a beautiful story. ;u;
M. Monster chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
I loved the concept of nobodies in this fic, and the personality of Zexion and such. Amazing job.

...Amazing.

And I'm sad. :( Because you wrote this so well it makes me feel bad about being normal and stuff and... yeah, I'll shut up.

Nice job.
Oddsbokins chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
um yeah holy crap awesome

poor lexeaus...