Reviews for Portrait of the Speedster As a Young Man
Kyer chapter 6 . 4/20/2012
Gee, Jay, just how long were you planning on waiting to tell him you knew? And does Joan know?

(Btw, have you seen the new Jay Garrick Earth-2 relaunch? I'm sick. What were they thinking?
BanannaSlapz517 chapter 5 . 4/3/2011
This was great, really entertaining. I think you captured Wally's voice really well, realistically and all that, if that's what you're going for. I hope you keep it up.
Kyer chapter 5 . 10/8/2009
Jay never told Wally he's a speedster? And vice-a-versa?

Oh wow..just saw a beautiful scan of Jay and Joan in JLA: Cry for Justice talking with Shade. Really nice, but...I don't know what the artists in DC are thinking. The more we see of Jay the younger he gets. I swear he was colored without a single drop of white ink in his hair or any tendon lines on his throat. Man and wife have dropped some 20 years overnite. It's a miracle. Or really liberal use of hair dye and makeup. (sarcasm)

Apparently, someone at DC thinks it's a sin to be or look your age.
Kahara chapter 4 . 10/4/2009
It's interesting how past events in this story seem to differ from canon. It looks like Wally isn't used to dealing with villains and so on from the way he reacts to the guy who was attacking the CIA agent. I like how you included Bart as kind of a little brother to Wally, it's cute. Wally seems to be getting into deep trouble, being suspected of the attack and it makes me wonder if someone is going to figure out that he is a speedster.
Diamond Gryphon chapter 4 . 9/28/2009
I really like this story. It's not exactly cannon, but it has a nice "trying to live a normal life and hero as an afterthought" thing going for it. You have an interesting and unique perspective on Wally. Also, for your first story it is very clear and easy to read. I just wish that you would update a little more often.

Keep up the great work,

Kyer chapter 4 . 9/28/2009
I've seen very little Baron's Flash (Have all the Waid, Geoff, and Morrison books.) If I recall reading correctly, before Waid's reign Wally was a jerk. So far I like him well enough here.

He's not very smart though to be eating huge amounts at the one restaurant and not eating normal amounts at different places to fool people.
ThunderRiver411 chapter 3 . 1/13/2009
This is a pretty good story so far. I'm working on a story to with a small twist to it. It's a Pokemon story, but there is something hidden. Think you can spot it?

Continue soon. This is looking good.
Hagstrom chapter 3 . 12/5/2008

I was dying to read this since monday but i had to study to do some stupid tests!

But i love it! You're getting better with every chapter! Now Wally may have to dye his hair or do something! He was the heroe! And that bully? Who was he? and the beating guy was a CIA agent? damn! oh! and its kinda stupid but during the fight i was like "careful with the heart, watch it! XD

Small question, what do you mean with "Bubba"? Like a chubby hairy guy?

Oh! a little advice: Maybe a bit more of separation between paragraphs would make it more easy to read

You're doing a great job,Keep on writing!

Hagstrom chapter 2 . 11/3/2008

How are you! Sorry, i know you updated a while ago, but i've been kinda busy with uni and all...

I liked this one, better that the first, dont know why... You just have this style of making me believe is indeed Wally who's writing this. I wonder if you're going to add a supervillain into this at some point...

Nice way of introducing Chet-or chunk haha- btw, but i couldnt really catch if Wally's his friend because he REALLY is or for interest...i blame the comics for wondering the second.

OH! And guess what? I did translate your first chapter and you got a review from a girl who really liked it! Today i translated the second chapter.

Hope you're well, and update soon, i'm still reading you!

Hagstrom chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
Great style of storytelling. I like the few changes you added here and there (Wally single, living with his mother and bart) and how Wally says he's no hero, he's just a regular guy, with a regular job, who can run at inhuman speeds.

Anyway,you did a great job :) And its nice to know that people still writes about Wally, and not only about Bart, who was Flash for a year and has more fics centered on him that West :P

And BTW, could i translate this into spanish? I'll give you the credit of course, and i wont if you say no, but i'll be nice to add it to the spanish category,since its almost empty.