Reviews for Reading Beyond The Subtext
KnightInShiningWhatever chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Awesome, very captivating
GyMusicAddict chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
This is amazing! You wrote them soo in character and the idea was brilliant. :)
bones girl01 chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
good
Guest chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
I love this story, it's one of my favorite Bones fics ever. I've read it tons of times, I can't believe I haven't reviewed. The whole thing was perfect- Brennan's insecurities, Booth's comforting her, all of it. Really fantastic job.
91207 chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
Good job, I could definitely see this having occured in an episode. :) I'm only just starting to get into the show, but you captured the chemistry between these characters perfectly, I thought Booth and Bones were spot on. Nicely done.
You Can't Forget This chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
I really enjoyed that, it's so in-character, I could just imagine it happening in the show. Their bickering is one of the highlights of the show for me, and you captured the spirit of it perfectly. The ending was brilliant as well. :]
JLo10131121 chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Old school Bones! Awesome.
JohnClark43 chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
I quite liked this it wasn't nearly as angst filled as I'd expected but it was fun and playful for the most part.
Kari-demon chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
the way you write Booth makes we squee with happiness.
DaLiza chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Aww! Very cute and sweet and in character. Excellent dialogue. Well done!
jems chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
This is great. :) I love them bickering in the car in the show so to read a fic like this is so in-keeping with the show. The characterisation is perfect and this arguement is something I can just imagine Brennan picking up on after a bad day with a guy. Poor Booth never knew what hit him. He took it well too, as always and was a total gentleman, honest and up front with Dr B.

I love that he finally pulled over too. Shows when he really needs ot focus on the talk and no the driving.

Excellent piece.
meliecom chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
I really loved this one too ! I love the way you write Brennan and Booth, they're so character-like ! Really ! Love it !
mumrulz chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
Well it really feels like Christmas to me!

I just found that you have a fic that I have not yet read.:-)

I can't believe that I had not checked it out before *smacks self on forehead*

You really do the verbalizing of arguments & conflict extremely well. This one shot is no different. From Brennan taking offense at an innocent comment/compliment that Booth made to her, assuming that he was sexually objectifying her, to her annoyance & embarrassment for showing so much of herself to him & to all of her strongly spoken words in between. Loved it all!

**“You know, Booth, you can try and mask your baser instincts beneath the guise of being a sensitive, caring and oh-so-progressive ‘modern man,’ but you’re really just a Neanderthal.”

...seemed like she was just looking for an argument...or maybe PMS...actually I'm surprised that Booth didn't use that excuse...then we would have seen his head being bitten off! LOL.

**It doesn’t mean that I spend every waking moment fantasising about screwing you up against a wall.”

...probably more like wishful thinking. ;-)

Poor Booth didn't really have much of a chance, what with nearly all of his comments being taken the wrong way. Vulnerabilities & insecurities usually become more apparent during arguments, & Brennan was definately showing hers - where her relationships with men are concerned...she is aware that they are intimidated by her intellect, her job & her accomplishments & only want to spend time with her, for what she can do for them. She resally is not as comfortble with that as she would like everyone to think.

**someone who might be equally as interested in what comes out of my mouth as what I can do with it in the bedroom.”

...LMAO..

**“At least? So what you’re really hoping is that we can be friends with benefits?”

...nope he can never win...he should have given up before she even got in the car. LOL...but no! that wouldn't be Seeley Booth if he did that...he was able to turn the conversation/argument to pointing out all her good 'attributes' that he likes spending time with her & enjoys discussing her perspective on everything.

** People expected her to succeed, so there was no fanfare when she fulfilled their objectives and satisfied their criteria, they just upped the ante when the next project came around and expected her to work miracles time and time again.

...that is so sad, but I can see it applying to Brennan - always missing out on the well deserved praise.

Loved the argument, loved the pep talk, loved that Brennan was able to identify the 'surge of affection' she was feeling for him, for what it was & loved that she was the one who put her hand on his. Loved the replay of the conversation.

Brennan is certainly a unique woman & I'm sure that Booth will think twice, the next time he feels inclined to compliment Brennan. LOL.

You have whet my appetite again for more & now I am waiting impatiently to more from you. LOL.:-):-):-)
love2read2much chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
Really loved the story. Your writing is everything I love to read about booth and brennan. Not many people write stories with a lot of angst. I can't wait for you to finish Broken Beyond Repair as I don't like reading fan fics until they are complete. Keep up the great writing.
Aching Bones chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
Hi there,

Oh I loved this story...

Could totally understand why poor Bones would take offence from Booth telling her that she looked nice today...after what she had been throught with Michael (the rat) her defences were low...she was tarnishing 'all' guys with the same brush (rats) and we all know that Seeley Booth is definitely not one...Loved the whole arguing scenario between them and thought that Booth 'handled' it very well...a lesser man would have blown his cool, taken offence and walked away but not our Booth...

Loved when he told her what he thought of her...

'I see the modern manifestation of Wonder Woman.'...It is funny how so like her she is in every way...

I loved the whole interaction between them here and it is nice to think how their relationship, friendship and respect has grown

between them in the intervening years...

Ger