Reviews for She is the Sunlight
DM1769 chapter 17 . 7/2/2013
Damn...just...good job I actually read this years ago before becoming an author a couple of days ago and all I can say is yeah...way to go.

It felt a bit awkward and painful at times due to the fact that even though I was only able to ever watch my brother play XII at times I was at least able to play Revenant Wings for DS and seeing a nice cheery girl like Penelo suffering like THIS was just making me downright hateful at times (the fact that I already DESPISE worthless scum like rapists does NOT help in the slightest) but for a story that wasn't even 20 chapters long it had a damn good length and depth, also I LOVED what you did with Vaan's own unique inner turmoil: having an adventurous child's mindset suddenly presented with a harsh borderline breaking reality in the form of this kind of tragedy even if the dead on accuracy had me cringing HARD.

Honestly my only complaint? Not to sound like a pervert especially in THIS kind of story but I believe with all my heart there should at have been some sort of tender love scene before the epilogue (preferably as soon as they went back home that night) to go more with the whole healing vibe you're aiming for. My main and most favorite reason? It would have been beautiful to read something like HER actually starting it and him desperately refusing to do that kind of thing at all cost thinking it would just damage her more and then one thing leads to another...

But yeah other than that one little thing it was great now time for an incredibly stupid cringe worthy joke: 12/10
Akane sweets chapter 17 . 12/23/2011
WOW. all I can say right now is WOW. She is the Sunlight was incredible and i loved it and all of the emotions...

this is not the first, but is the best story about Vaan and Penelo I have ever read. BRAVO
Trajectory of Simplicity chapter 17 . 11/25/2011
I think everyone else has already said the words I want to say about your story, but I wanted to add one more review, in the hopes that it might put a smile on your face :)

Technically speaking, your story was flawless. Hardly any grammatical errors, perfect characterization, amazing wordsmithing (is that even a word?), and just all-around awesomeness. The portrayal of feelings was so spot-on I almost felt like I actually WAS Penelo, or even Vaan. Switching from point of views was very clear and and there was no confusion (switching every chapter helped; more predictability). It wasn't just a great fanfiction. It was a work of literary art.

Personally speaking, I was amazed. After every chapter I was rendered speechless. I read this whole story in 2 hours. Maybe 3. Not really paying attention. But I've never gone through anything like what was portrayed in the story, whether in Penelo's or Vaan's side, but I have been in situations where I've had to be the witness to someone else's agony. It's a horrible thing, being the watcher. But I really felt like, whether you were raped, or you lost a loved one, or whatever grief life may throw at you, you can get through it. This story really portrayed that. And it inspired me, too. It takes time to heal, but you will heal and it will get better.

Your message rang loud and clear, in your story and in my heart. I just want to thank you for not deleting this story and for even bringing up the courage to write it in the first place, even though you really didn't want to.

It was a beautiful read. A beautiful story. And it was also a beautiful inspiration.
Rokuchuchu chapter 17 . 10/18/2011
wow i'm so happy you didn't take this down... Why am i, a weirdo, reviewing on a fan fic made over 3 years ago? well, this is because i am in fact, a weirdo.

I found a song that paired with this story very well: Painting Flowers, by All Time Low.

i worship this piece of writing, it did help me overcome a tough time, so thank you. It makes me realize that some things in life are worse than others. i will definitely take this story to heart. Thank you again for letting me enjoy this!
Fangirly2349 chapter 17 . 8/15/2011
I loved ur story to bits. I couldn't stop reading. Though i had to at times to collect my thoughts. Awesome job!
Enigma infinite chapter 17 . 1/20/2011
Reading you're story is like a breath of fresh air.

Thank you.
V-departed chapter 17 . 10/24/2010
You are a credit to writers. You wrote a story, not because you wanted to write it but because it needed to be written, and that makes all the difference. You handled the subject with grace and honesty, and portrayed both Penelo and Vaan's feelings and thoughts skillfully, showing how the fallout affects everyone. Really, congratulations and good work, I think you did the right thing here, giving us a story that is ultimately about hope. Thank you.
Hanabishi Ouka chapter 17 . 7/14/2010
actually I just read ur story til chapter 13, but I love it very much! it's very touching!
Enigma infinite chapter 12 . 1/23/2010
You're story touch me. It touches the heart so much so that that I don't know how to expressed my thanks and gratitude to you except by the means of reviewing. Thank you, you have done some good in this world.
AnimeFan4Eternity chapter 16 . 10/25/2009
Haha, Vaan's so silly... Good chapter.

Sayonara! _
AnimeFan4Eternity chapter 12 . 10/25/2009
Aww, CUTE! Vaan and Penelo forever! 8D

Sayonara! _
vikor chapter 17 . 6/22/2009
That author, as in that insightful, thoughtful, brave, author...no comments needed! I ended up at 4:00 Am reading this!
Mirabelle456 chapter 17 . 6/13/2009
I have got to say, this was probably one of the best pieces of fanfiction I have ever read. The characterization was perfect throughout, the fluff was beautiful, and you got your message across. You are an amazing author, writing about such a controversial topic like that. I wish I could say more, but I really can't describe in words what I want to tell you.

I guess I can say that you had me in tears at at least one point every chapter. Then again, I'm really sappy and I cry over anything, so that's not much. I also had my share of rib hurting laughter every now and again. I pretty much read this ENTIRE story in an afternoon, and it made me feel so warm and fuzzy inside during the fluffy moments while still understanding the importance of your message.

There, I think that's what I wanted to say. I'm proud of myself. And now, without any further ado... *adds story to favourites and goes to check out what else you've written*

Thank you for an AMAZING afternoon of reading, and keep writing!

~Milly
Deculture chapter 17 . 3/21/2009
This is really one of the best stories that I have read on FF, and I've read a lot. You manage to create something hopeful, and quite frankly, inspiring from something that should not ever happen and I applaud you for that. I think your really stayed true to Vaan and Penelo throughout the journey and the changes that they went through. I can almost imagine them in the flesh. Anyway, though the story and characters defnitely are definitely entertaining and awesome, the message you are tryin to convey is not lost. AWESOME JOB!
Ren chapter 17 . 2/6/2009
This story is so wonderfully written. Everyone is perfectly in character, thank you for that. :)

I feel this story deserve more than a two sentence review, but I'm not good with words. Really, great story, you dealt with the taboo topic very elegantly.