Reviews for Without You
Obsessive Insomniac chapter 1 . 10/30/2014
Sobbing. So many tears right now. This was amazing, so heartbrakingly sad but so beautifully written. You've done such an amazing job on this.
metoolawson chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Oh my god, I'm listening to Skinny Love by Bon Iver while reading this and I'm sobbing! :( I loved it, though.
midnight989 chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
*hands you a bucket* Here. My tears. Have them. All of them.

So, SO sad. But so beautiful too. And I really can not stop crying now.
ScarletSummer chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Oh my gosh. That was...incredible. You captured the emotions so eloquently, so perfectly. You had me crying by the time it was halfway through. This was very, very well written. Cheers.
evilexboyfriend chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Tears. In. Eyes.

this story is pure love :)
taradactyl xo chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
Wow, I don't know if it's the4 24 hours without sleep that caused it, but your story was beautiful and I have to admit I teared up at bit!
Skuzes chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
This is absolutely beautiful.

And I am completely bawling my eyes out right now.
BelleVie chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
Ouch ouch ouch! This was so good! Way better than my feeble angst attempt! It seems so scarily believable and arghh. *actually teared up A LOT and adds to fav. story list*
Beechwood0708 chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
That was beautiful. All the emotions came out perfectly. The anguish at the was particularly well described- the way you describe the physical effects of it seems quite painful, and comparing it to stabbing is an amazing touch- it suggests loss of something vital, like the blood, the extreme pain, and the emotional death Vince is trying to hold off. The use of darkness as a metaphor is wonderful too, because it just isn't Vince as he appears canonically, so the change and the pain really hits you. I can't find the words to describe it, but the fifth paragraph is stunning.

His reaction to Stationary Village was amazing too. That confusion, of not knowing what to do because his memento doesn't seem real any more, is put across so brilliantly well, and the guilt for having caused it when he shouldn't really be feeling guilty seems so natural. I've never experienced anything like this myself, but the way you write it strikes me as so real, and the way it just isn't a simple case of depression, but this huge mixture of emotions seems so overwhelming.

Vince's conversation with the gravestone seemed so heartfelt and lovely too. It would have been so easy to go into cliche, but nothing in there struck me as anything but honest and emotional. The mix of emotions and instant changes, and the way he apologises for shouting at the headstone, make him seem so confused, but they bring out the sympathy so well. The whole scene is just beautiful, the way he's so fragile and regretful. You've written it astoundingly.

And the end was so lovely. The whole thing was just beautiful.

love

hikarisailorcat chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
aw! that is so sad! and sweet! i love it! wonderful! you have really good flowing writing... i wish i could do that for my essays... lol
chugirl2526 chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
aw poor vince :( such emotions, it made me cry, i could really feel his pain. at least howard's still looking over him
judhasydadsfijsulghadihs chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
That was beautiful but so heart-wrenching at the same time. I admit I cried. Amazing story.
BeckyRocks-x chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
Aww, You've got me crying now P

That was so sweet,

It was really well written, and you captured Vince's despair really well.

"I'd give a-anything for just a few more seconds with y-you, just to hear you call me 'little man' one more time. Or shout at me for leaving the rubbish in the wrong place. Anything.”

Thats the on that started me off crying [

Becky

xx
SparkieSchteff chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
Ohmygosh you actually have me on the verge of tears with this, I think it was the 'Good night, little man' at the end that just got me going...It was so sad yet so beautiful and powerful especially with most of the phrases you included in this like 'some rolling over his lips and bleeding salt into his mouth' that was just wow, it made me stop reading and jut smile and think 'that is one bloody brilliant line!'

At the start you had me guessing which is something I LOVE in stories...Having to gues what the outcome will be like...At first I thought Vince was taking drugs then I thought he was suicidal then I thought maybe Howard had run away or something and it wasn't until he got to the grave yard that I realised...It was just so so so amazing. And I'm going on a bit here but long reviews make people smile right? :)

And I also think this bit 'You t-told me you'd get better – you p-promised. You promised!' started off the tears to be honest, and the fact you don't tell us what actually happened to him keeps us guessing more which I also love! You leave it up to the reader to decide on how he died.

And Vince's little speech about how he's going to live for Howard was truely beautiful, if this was a tv episode I would have certainly cried. Full on tears and everything xD

Wow...Yeah as you can tell I adored this and probably repeated myself over and over during the review...And this is the longest one I've possibly ever written!

*Favourites*

Fantastic job :D Though you really don't need to be told that!

ultra-electrogirl chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
omg. tears flowing so fast down my face! but i guess that means it was just a really good angst-illed fic. well done on that, but i need a tissue or five.