Reviews for Sam's Best Friend
rockyshadow chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
Winchester childhood stories are some of my favorites in the Supernatural section. I love how Monk was around for Sam's growing up years. That he was made by Mary and originally Dean's makes him even more important. I love that Sam took it to Stanford. It would have been nice if Monk could have been like the Velveteen Rabbit.
RedDragen chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
That was a nice chapter.
snsw25kr14 chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
What a cute story! I was thinking on the lines of a dog but, you fooled me! I like how you made Mary make it therefore Mary was always with Sammy! Great Work!
raputathebuta chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
A W W ! That was so sweet! I love the idea of Sam having Monk with him at Stanford.

"He had read the Velveteen Rabbit as a child and in the back of his mind he wondered if somewhere running around is a real monkey that was originally made by his mother's loving hands. Why not? thought Sam. If ghosts were real then why not his best friend." This just KILLED me!

Great job!
ROBINV chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
A sweet story that made me feel happy and nostalgic. Very well written, too! Love, Robin
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
Awesome oneshot-I loved it. Who would have ever thought that the little sock monkey Dean used to quiet a baby brother would turn out to be such a cherished object that would get Sam though so many events in his life.

I loved the way you took this story from baby Sam all the way through to adult Sam, who still needed Monk when he was away at Stanford!

Definitely saving to my favorites!
sweetysmart0505 chapter 1 . 5/5/2008
I was going to write a story EXACTLY like this just not a monkey puppet. Man, we are too much alike, but I really enjoyed reading your version. Really great great job on it.