Reviews for Beauty Shining in Company with the Celestial Forms
Kyrene once Blood Roses chapter 3 . 2/17/2011
I know this was written like three years ago but I just read it now. It's definitely one of my favorite views of Edward. The time in general. Yes, Edward likely did smoke, yes, he probably did drink, the guy was 17, that was considered different then it is now. He had different views, and actually had a life. I think some forget about then when writing.

Teddy's situation was just so heartbreaking. I hate what dumb ignorance did to people back when. But I love how you weren't afraid to go there. Your explanation as to how sure Edward was when it came to Bella, through Teddy was wonderful.

...Problem is this will become practically canon to me and now I'll just be wondering how Bella responds when she finds out she's not the only human that was in his vampire life. I wonder if he'd be worried about how she'd respond since Teddy is a man, even if we look at things differently in this time...See? I get too thinky after reading. But I adored this. Beautiful story.
Beans8272 chapter 3 . 2/2/2011
WOW...that was really stunning! I happened upon your fic from the list of rec'd story on the website. I like to check out completed fics and I have heard your name bandied about forever, so when I read the summary, I had to read it. I LOVED historical looks backs into Edward's life and with a little slashy yumminess thrown in, it was like pure poetry. Really really stunning! Love your writing and thank you for sharing that. I'm going to share it with a couple of my friends who will enjoy it as well! Blessings to you and keep up writing in some manner because you have quite the talent for it!
Sook03 chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Teddy is in for hell.
Everintruiged chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
I'm intruiged, absolutely curious. This Edward, with its interactions with Teddy... it's a unique premise to this story... I'll add this to my faves list to read later!

bouncy 72 chapter 3 . 12/16/2010
Heartbreaking, yet beautiful. Thanks for the story, even though it was so sad, it gives Edward a bit more depth :)
bouncy 72 chapter 2 . 12/14/2010
That is so well thought out & beautifully written, but I wept the whole way through the chapter.
bouncy 72 chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Oh goodness, that was SO HEARTBREAKING. Shame Edward must have felt so confused, but poor Teddy, to by gay at that time...

I'm still crying over this.
star574 chapter 3 . 11/5/2010
Lovely story.

Of course, I want to know what the card was in the pack of 1918 Camels! :)

Edward's realization of Teddy's beauty at the end of his life reminds me of Stranger in a Strange Land, when Valentine appreciates the statue of an old woman because she has her own face.
star574 chapter 2 . 11/5/2010
Oh, nice twist, seeing Teddy as the bookie. Love how he calls Edward on the god-complex.
star574 chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
Rather confusing for the boys then - it's tough enough now for anyone to acknowledge their feelings openly.

Of course Edward had to read the letter! "don't think about pink elephants" :)
twiharder2 chapter 3 . 11/3/2010
This piece was awesome. I was overwhelmed by the sensitive treatment of the subject matter and your presentation would melt even the hardest heart. Congratulations on a job very well done. Thank you for a great read!
SilverPaper chapter 3 . 8/30/2010
This is a wonderful story on so many levels, sweet, sad, inspiring. I liked the subtlety with which you captured the complexity of the characters and of their shifting experiences and relationship. The story was so much more powerful because you avoided a reductionistic emotional conclusion.
dear.cherie chapter 3 . 8/17/2010
Beautifully written. I almost cried.

Keep writing.
Shuz chapter 3 . 8/13/2010
brilliant. I loved this story, and the detail is fantastic. Thankyou so much for this story. :)
Joslin13 chapter 3 . 6/18/2010
I really don't read Twilight fanfic, but this was beautiful, heart-wrenchingly so. I love the ending, though you nearly made me cry. Edward's age is something that isn't explored nearly enough in the books, and your exploration of his past makes so much sense. I love Teddy's character as well; he's so *good* that even though he has his flaws, he makes Edward a better person. It's beautiful.
88 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »