Reviews for Enter the Bookworm
vyvyan1rick chapter 4 . 8/17/2012
Although due to my personal fondness of Bookworm and therefore my disliking to him being depicted as weak and small, this is a very good story. It's really well written and as a potential beginning to Bookworm I think it's a really nicely thought out idea. I feel the name 'Bartleby Wigglesworth' is a little far fetched to sound fully plausible, but for how it's used it serves its purpose in this story.

This is a nice homage to Bookworm and I enjoyed reading it, well done on this :)
OnlyANorthernSong chapter 4 . 4/11/2009
That was awesome! It makes me really want to watch that episode of Batman with the Bookworm. No idea where I could watch it, though... :(

Are you planning on writing anything more with the Bookworm?
Jen Rock chapter 4 . 3/22/2009
That was a very satisfying conclusion and a well-done overview of Bartleby's mindset. The idea of him making his costume from the leather covers of his father's old books is inspired, although I did wince at the idea of so many precious books being ruined. Great job.
Jen Rock chapter 3 . 2/24/2009
This is very interesting so far. The Bookworm was my favorite of the T.V. series-only Batman villains and you've done a great job at making him a plausible character here. Keep it up, please.
BloodofthePen chapter 3 . 2/21/2009
Ah! This is written in the very spirit and essence of the BTAS style! Excellently done.

"“Funniest name I've ever seen,” he said. “Bartleby Wigglesworth. That's worse than Oswald Cobblepot, isn't it?”" Oh, I don't know. lol They're pretty close...

Snappy dialogue, book connections, and the start of a new Rogue. This is coming together very well!

Please update again soon!
BloodofthePen chapter 2 . 2/21/2009
"A few minutes before, the defeated would-be author would have never expected those words to come out of his mouth. But now an idea had begun to form in his mind and his face took on an almost sinister look. Unfortunately, like all his ideas it wasn't original...but sometimes the classics are best." Which classic are we going for tonight, I wonder? Heehee

I am enjoying this piece very much. While I have never had the pleasure of seeing te 60s "Batman" television show, nor the Bookworm, he seems a most interesting character with potential to become one of my favorites... well done!
The Mad Maiden chapter 3 . 2/16/2009
Ah, and so the game is afoot. A very interesting chapter. The Bookworm was awesome, getting so mad over that book. And the train connecting to Anna Karenina, that was cool. I always liked the idea of book related crimes.

Another great chapter, I hope you update soon!
The Mad Maiden chapter 2 . 12/21/2008
Yes! The Bookworm. One of the coolest villains ever. :)

You are doing a wonderful job writing for him and fitting him into the animated series universe. I do so hope you will update soon. I am quite eager to find out what happens next.
Twisted Midnight Dreams chapter 2 . 10/24/2008
Interesting so far... this'll do okay, I think, in BTAS. But please, PLEASE don't put in the crap where Robin says 'Holy [something] Batman!' I doubt you will, but just in case. I don't think you need death threts.
BiteMeTechie chapter 2 . 10/11/2008
I was already smiling when I saw the title of this story, but that grin spread by unbelievable measures throughout this chapter and now I can't seem to wipe it off my face. It's a smooth, promising start and plays very much like an episode of TAS, so in that regard, you've accomplished what you set out to do by bringing the Bookworm into the DCAU.

If you never update this again, I tell you I'll be absolutely inconsolable. Do you want a weepy lifelong Batman fangirl on your hands? I don't think you do.

Either way, excellent work, sir.
Kohi wo Nomu chapter 2 . 5/9/2008
I have always loved the 60's Batman. Bookworm was great. Please update soon, I love stories about making those characters more realistic.

Kitsune Hanyou
Mego ZT chapter 2 . 5/8/2008
Considering all the books Bartleby has read, I'm very curious to see which plot he has in store for Chad. Very well written and a smooth read. I look forward to the next installment.