Reviews for Partially Kissed Hero
A.C.S chapter 73 . 15h
I'm enjoying this fan-fic but must take exception to a remark made...
As someone whose country (Grenada) was invaded and "beaten" by the US, I can assure you that it is NOT a good thing. Besides people killed, injured and imprisoned (not only during the 'war' but also in the aftermath, including some children) there was also the increased drug trade introduced. Quite the opposite of investment in infrastructure and business, the puppet government installed was ordered to sell off and close down most of the agro-industry infrastructure that the pre-invasion government had established, thus setting us back to the cycle of selling raw materials to developed nations who then sold us back the processed products at very high prices.

You might want to ask other countries' citizens how they feel about being beaten in a war by the US. Even those in Iraq (and there were many) who welcomed the US toppling Sadam Hussein, have mostly been disillusioned...
elanga.blake chapter 103 . 7/19
Just finished at 103 and love it but wondering if you plan to finish
Affian-the-Fennec chapter 61 . 7/16
If there was Malaclaw Venom on the cloak when it was dropped into the fire crab, wouldn't that cause them issues as well?
Affian-the-Fennec chapter 42 . 7/15
I must say, you have an absolute talent for explanations. You dont revisit topics already covered unless you are adding onto them and even then it is done with utmost care that it doesnt clash with previous information already provided.

This is your story, and from what ive seen (despite some absolute ridiculousness which make the story all the more enjoyable) you've covered your bases very well. I know i have 61 more chapters to go, but i had to say something after reading your Authors Notes.
Spidey-phd chapter 69 . 7/14
I'm glad this scene slipped past you. Hilarious!
jfver chapter 103 . 7/14
a very good story. thank you for your work. when is a sequel ?
please
Egghead1927 chapter 14 . 7/14
I heard that riddle before
Egghead1927 chapter 7 . 7/13
Wow Luna has a very slytherin plan
Egghead1927 chapter 3 . 7/13
I like the story a lot more than I thought I would I wish you would finish it if just put a complete sign
Egghead1927 chapter 2 . 7/13
Luna’s awesome
WytteofBodmin chapter 8 . 7/11
This story has been fascinating so far, but I wonder whether you realise how intensely antisemitism is woven into your description of goblins and their cruelty. JKR's goblins already have minor antisemitic undertones, though these were mostly compounded by the films' imagery, rather than simply her own descriptions; your exposition on their cruelty, however, plays right into some very old, very powerful antisemitic conspiracy theories. I certainly don't support the methods of bankers generally, regardless of their culture or ethnicity, but the notion of a race of small, sour, untrustworthy people who have exclusive control of the world's money and who delight in using it to cause pain is a very classic one. Adding to it the gleeful kidnapping and murder of innocent children from the 'normal' society they hate so much, purely for sadistic pleasure, cements it as a facsimile of the old 'blood libel'.

This is not to say you can't write these things into your story, of course; I merely wondered whether you were aware of the insidious history of this archetype. Blood libel and the like have been used for hundreds of years to inspire and justify antisemitic persecution, and weaving them into fiction, especially fantasy fiction (in which a fictional stand-in for a real-life ethnic group can be turned into, quite literally, a different species, with inherent genetic opposition to humanity on a metaphysical level), has been a powerful way of keeping those ideas alive and well in the cultural consciousness.
Ande chapter 42 . 7/1
I really like this story. Don't listen to the criticizers if they don't have anything constructive to say. You do you! I think this story is wonderful.
JBC1016 chapter 69 . 6/26
The tea conversation between Lewis Carroll and you would be very entertaining!
JBC1016 chapter 42 . 6/25
Don't let the haters get to you. It's your story, your Muse and your decision on how to make everything work. I love the electricity that charges my Kindle so I can read BUT my favorite birthday present in the last ten years was the opportunity to take an archery class. I had a ball but I walked away with a much better understanding of how difficult it was on my muscles (in only 4 hours!) and how deep an arrow can penetrate. Wow!
JBC1016 chapter 38 . 6/25
I know this was a hard one but you did a great job balancing story needs and character development. I don't know how many people have reviewed this chapter but I hope everyone got the message that Harry, etc are going to have to make some hard choices to survive. Harry, Hermione, and Luna didn't start this war but they're going to have to make some difficult moves to survive and thrive in Dumbledore's twisted, sick world.
15,973 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »